Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Anybody else getting an infinite loading screen on showdown? Mobile, desktop browser and desktop. Is it just my wifi?

Update: it is in fact, just my wifi. But I live in an apartment building and I can't just reset the router. My wifi works for youtube and every other website I've tried. Any ideas?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Is there a metagame where the movesets are randomized (only legal moves)?
There are 3. I think the one you’re referring to is challenge cup, where Pokémon receive fully random sets out of moves they are able to ordinarily learn. Unfortunately, the 6v6 version of this is challenge only so you need to find a friend to play with.

Otherwise, random battles has random Pokémon with semi-random sets, but sets are always viable. There are lots of ladders for this.

Hackmons Cup is where Pokémon are completely randomised out of any move or ability in the game. The Pokémon themselves are just base stats and types. There’s a ladder for this too.

There are 3. I think the one you’re referring to is challenge cup, where Pokémon receive fully random sets out of moves they are able to ordinarily learn. Unfortunately, the 6v6 version of this is challenge only so you need to find a friend to play with.

Otherwise, random battles has random Pokémon with semi-random sets, but sets are always viable. There are lots of ladders for this.

Hackmons Cup is where Pokémon are completely randomised out of any move or ability in the game. The Pokémon themselves are just base stats and types. There’s a ladder for this too.
Thanks. Challenge cup was the one I was looking for.

Mellow1004

Banned deucer.
Hello​

I have searched everywhere on the site and normally this is the right place to ask questions about Smogon and if it is not the right place I do not see where it can be.. ^^"

1. I wanted to know if it was possible to put the mini Pokémon in Shiny -> Example :Charizard: and if so how ?
  2. I wanted to know if it was possible to put the mini Pokémon with an Older Generation Sprites and if so how?
  3. I wanted to know if it was possible to have more color in the color palette already available and if so how ? ( It lacks an elementary color pink and dark gray, there are 3 different grays but the difference is not obvious ). And there is also a "Hex color" option what is it for ? There is a special board where you have to enter a code to have a specific color or a kind of shade of a specific color.
  4. I wanted to know how we could create custom avatars, is there a site specially designed for ? ( Like Smogon Artists do, I asked some player but nobody ever wanted to inform me ... )
  5. Is there a special place where it is possible to post replays and watch replays ( Like a Special replays room or a page specially dedicated to watching all possible and imaginable replays )
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this style of question, I don't mind being guided to the right place but I understood the rules correctly on the home page it's the right one place ^^

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope that we can light my lantern on the shadows zone ! :Gengar-Gmax:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
I wanted to know how we could create custom avatars, is there a site specially designed for ? ( Like Smogon Artists do, I asked some player but nobody ever wanted to inform me ... )
You can check Smeargles Laptop to know what pixel Artists are currently accepting Custom Avatar requests. If you mean how they do them, well, most use MS Paint or Gimp or another png editor that can work pixel by pixel.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
1. You might try here. Afaik the shiny sprites aren't built into the forums like you did with Charizard, but that github has most of em.

2. Refer to 1 and this post. r3io4mf this post would also be relevant to you (external sprites can be added via the insert image button on the top bar, for example, or by enclosing the url in img tags like so: [img] URL HERE [/img]).

3. You could suggest more colors be added I suppose, this would be the thread to do it (idk if it's possible since it's probably built into xenforo but no clue). If you have a specific color in mind but don't see it on the preset list, you can enter the 6 digit hex code for it to change the color of the text in your post. Here's green and blue (00ff00 and 0000ff respectively). You can find the hex color codes (the 6 numbers next to the #) on a site like this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)