Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
So i understand the hydreigon toxapex core but what are some good mons to sync up with the core
Hey, I think you will have more chances to get an answer by asking this in the subforum of the tier you want to use this core in. Looking at the Pokemon, I assume it's OU so it would be here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-simple-answers-thread.3656259/ (but if it's another tier like National Dex, you can find a similar thread in the tier subforum).

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Not sure if this is intended, but people that won SSD 4 are showing as winning this term of SCL. Lets take an example such as TJ.
Don't have the proof like swiping over the trophy, but if you take a simple search you should know what I mean. Here are some threads to make your life easier. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...iv-finals-won-by-sky-tower-lindworms.3673231/ https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/tj.331538/
It's a tour replacing SSD, it's intended.

Unsure of where I should ask/post this, I'm new to the forum but use pokemon showdown in some downtime that I have and I just kinda want to throw this question/suggestion out there.

Can there be a No Legendaries/Mythicals format on showdown?

To be honest each time I play I see so many teams with only legendary pokemon and sometimes I see mixed teams with legendaries and mythicals and rarely do I see any pokemon that fit into neither category and I have to say it's just not fun when I see these same teams over and over again using pokemon such as zacian and marshadow or kyogre and rayquaza every other team.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Unsure of where I should ask/post this, I'm new to the forum but use pokemon showdown in some downtime that I have and I just kinda want to throw this question/suggestion out there.

To be honest each time I play I see so many teams with only legendary pokemon and sometimes I see mixed teams with legendaries and mythicals and rarely do I see any pokemon that fit into neither category and I have to say it's just not fun when I see these same teams over and over again using pokemon such as zacian and marshadow or kyogre and rayquaza every other team.
No, we don't tier or make formats based on arbitrary stuff like that. If you wish to have battles without legendaries you can just make agreements with friends in challenges instead.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor

battle spot singles and some vgc formats are often pretty close to this- as of currently i believe both only allow 1 legendary

battle spot singles and some vgc formats are often pretty close to this- as of currently i believe both only allow 1 legendary
You are confusing the definition of "legendary" used by VGC: these formats are only referring to restricted pokemon (aka what people usually refer as "ubers", mainly cover legendaries), there's still no limitation to the usage of regular legendaries like the Tapus, Genies, etc, which you consistently see multiple of per team.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
You are confusing the definition of "legendary" used by VGC: these formats are only referring to restricted pokemon (aka what people usually refer as "ubers", mainly cover legendaries), there's still no limitation to the usage of regular legendaries like the Tapus, Genies, etc, which you consistently see multiple of per team.
apologies, was not aware
at least mythicals are always banned tho

View attachment 384449
What is this on profiles and how do i increase it?
It's a feature that could be build into the XenForo forum software (may even be default). To the best of my knowledge, Smogon may have thought about using it for something, but they never did, so it means nothing. If you see someone with points, it's probably a (s)mod or admin who upped it themselves for a laugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)