Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
hello!
Can anyone explain to me how you place an image into your signature? imgur is not working for me when i place the link and says to contact an admin. this happens with all the pcs in my house

hello!
Can anyone explain to me how you place an image into your signature? imgur is not working for me when i place the link and says to contact an admin. this happens with all the pcs in my house
Hi, beatrice explained that some time ago but i will reanswer.

First of all, you need to upload your image on a site, i suggest you Imgur.

Then, you will need to right-click on the uploaded foto and choose "Copy Image adress"

After that, you can come back on Smogon, go on "Signature" and click on the gear in the top right corner.
rotella.PNG

By doing that, you enable the BB code and now you can digit that : [ IMG ]--direct link to your photo here--[ /IMG ].
You then need to delete the spaces between [ ] and IMG, then replace "link" with the link of the uploaded foto, and re-click on the mini gear and save the signature

Attachments

Last edited:

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi, beatrice explained that some time ago but i will reanswer.

First of all, you need to upload your image on a site, i suggest you Imgur.

Then, you will need to right-click on the uploaded foto and choose "Copy Image adress"

After that, you can come back on Smogon, go on "Signature" and click on the gear in the top right corner.View attachment 424852
By doing that, you enable the BB code and now you can digit that :
You then need to replace "link" with the link of the uploaded foto, then re-click on the mini gear and save the signature
Thank you so much!!!!!

I was wondering about a couple audio options.

For replays, is it possible to add a toggle that only has the "Sounds," as distinct from the "Music" option which is really "Music and Sounds"?

In general, would it be feasible to create a toggle that uses older generation cries for Pokemon such as Eevee, Pikachu, and Gengar, much like there is support for BW-style sprites?

Thanks for reading.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Am I allowed to post in my own RMT thread to update the team? And if so, does it restart the 2 week cooldown?
Yeah, you can post an updated team in your own thread and bump it instead of making a new thread (unless it's a team that has nothing to do with the first one). Doing this doesn't count for the 2 weeks cooldown, this is more to limit the number of threads posted by the same person.

My signature does not seem to display. Can you help me display it?
Selecting the image when changing the signature will give you an option to change its size
You can also use the corners of the image to do it directly
You could set the alignment right to test from there and if the forum's resizing doesn't quite work you can try reducing your image's size and try again

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Selecting the image when changing the signature will give you an option to change its size
You can also use the corners of the image to do it directly
You could set the alignment right to test from there and if the forum's resizing doesn't quite work you can try reducing your image's size and try again
To me even just the text doesn’t display. I don’t think my signature is showing under any circumstances

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To me even just the text doesn’t display. I don’t think my signature is showing under any circumstances
Are you trying to view it on a mobile device? Signatures do not display on mobile (I think this starts from 480px and below width)

Alternatively, go to your account preferences and see if the "Show people's signatures with their messages" is checked or not

Hey my username is Paleofan in the game and it won’t log me in when I was and I have forgotten my password if you could tell me my password in game I would be forever grateful.

Hello Paleofan !
You cannot currently reset your PS! password unless you are PS! public roomauth or have a Smogon badge.
If you need your Pokémon Showdown password reset AND are a Smogon badgeholder OR PS! public room auth, you can fill out a Password Reset Form. You'll need to make a Smogon account to be able to fill out a form; that's what the email address you sign in to Smogon with is for (PS accounts for regular users don't have emails associated with them).

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Would it be possible for Smogon to replace the minisprites currently used with the ones on Serebii? What I mean is when I type in : amoonguss : without the spaces, I would like to see
and not :amoonguss:. I know I'm not the only one who thinks the SWSH minisprites look better than the older minisprites, and pulling the sprites directly from Serebii is time-consuming. If this is possible already, I would really like to know. Thank you!

Would it be possible for Smogon to replace the minisprites currently used with the ones on Serebii? What I mean is when I type in : amoonguss : without the spaces, I would like to see
and not :amoonguss:. I know I'm not the only one who thinks the SWSH minisprites look better than the older minisprites, and pulling the sprites directly from Serebii is time-consuming. If this is possible already, I would really like to know. Thank you!
Why would they do that? Most Pokémon don't have them, even ones who were actually in SwSh.
They literally went out of their way to make new ones for gen 8 Pokémon to make them consistent, : urshifu : (:urshifu:) and the SwSh sprite (
) are not the same.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Why would they do that? Most Pokémon don't have them, even ones who were actually in SwSh.
They literally went out of their way to make new ones for gen 8 Pokémon to make them consistent, : urshifu : (:urshifu:) and the SwSh sprite (
) are not the same.
If it can't replace the current method of pulling ministries (ex: : spinda : ), then that's fine, but I would like the SWSH ministries to be directly integrated into Smogon some way, as they look good and it's tiresome to pull them from Serebii all the time. For example, : cinderace : would still pull up :cinderace:, while :cinderace-ss: could pull up
815.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)