Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Dead by Daylight

memory tapes cycling blankly
is a Pre-Contributor
If it can't replace the current method of pulling ministries (ex: : spinda : ), then that's fine, but I would like the SWSH ministries to be directly integrated into Smogon some way, as they look good and it's tiresome to pull them from Serebii all the time. For example, : cinderace : would still pull up :cinderace:, while :cinderace-ss: could pull up View attachment 428614.
Why would we do that, though? You can simply, y'know, resize the image.

Why would we do that, though? You can simply, y'know, resize the image.
The official SWSH sprites are actually higher quality images and not just bigger versions, which allows for more detail. Sirfetch'd's leek in particular is a lot more vertical and striking.

Also, you can't resize the forum sprites if you are using the shortcut to insert them as text within a post, as the method being discussed. :sirfetchd:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What's the best move set for tyrantrum?
You can use the smogdex analyses to find sample sets for almost every viable Pokemon, here is the page for Tyrantrum: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/tyrantrum/
If you have questions on the movesets proposed, I would advice asking in the SQSA thread of the tier in which you want to use Tyrantrum. For instance if you're playing in NU (which is the tier in which Tyrantrum is ranked), it would be here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simple-questions-simple-answers.3659528/

2 questions first one: what do i do when im getting into a lossing streak, do i quit playing if so for how long or do i continue playing until i regain a good win streak??
2nd question: what is the best thing to do when ur mad with the game??

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
what do i do when im getting into a lossing streak, do i quit playing if so for how long or do i continue playing until i regain a good win streak??
If it’s a small losing streak, it might be a fluke; if it’s a large losing streak, you could change up your team or reconsider your tactics and work on getting better. The best way to get better at Pokemon is practice.
what is the best thing to do when ur mad with the game??
You could take a break from PS if it’s aggravating you. You could also try a different format out and see if you enjoy that.

If it’s a small losing streak, it might be a fluke; if it’s a large losing streak, you could change up your team or reconsider your tactics and work on getting better. The best way to get better at Pokemon is practice.

the only format i like is vgc and ive done that (change a team) but then i get into the same long losing streak with that other team is aggravating lol

You could take a break from PS if it’s aggravating you. You could also try a different format out and see if you enjoy that.
Thanks

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
hey a weird thing happened to me during an NatDex AG match: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1600445128

Yveltal got choice locked and then had its move disabled from a lucky Cursed Body. The following turn, I was barred from Dynamaxing and thus unable to break out of struggle. Is this a normal mechanic?
This is exactly how it works in-game too. As soon as you hit “fight”, you’d be forced to struggle, bypassing your ability to select dynamax. The dynamax selection button is in the same place as where you select moves and being forced to struggle in a situation like you’ve described prevents you from being able to select either a move or the dynamax button.

Hey how's it going, is there anyway to view your past elo scores? Or the entire history of what your elo was/is from when your account was started?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)