Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Where should I complain about the rules the battles in Pokemon Showdown?
I remember last year I was playing with a time with multiple pokémons with Baton pass, and now they are abolish.
Also my Umbreon with Baton Pass and Mean look is also abolish for it self.

There is other sites where we can play pokemon battles with less rules? I would like to use Double Team in some battle to see how it's works. Or have a Horn Drill team. The game have this mechanics and I don't understand why is banned

Where should I complain about the rules the battles in Pokemon Showdown?
I remember last year I was playing with a time with multiple pokémons with Baton pass, and now they are abolish.
Also my Umbreon with Baton Pass and Mean look is also abolish for it self.

There is other sites where we can play pokemon battles with less rules? I would like to use Double Team in some battle to see how it's works. Or have a Horn Drill team. The game have this mechanics and I don't understand why is banned
These moves are banned in Smogon Singles formats because they are incredibly overpowered and/or they reduce the game entirely to luck. You can play the Anything Goes, VGC, or Battle Stadium Singles formats if you want to use these moves.

These moves are banned in Smogon Singles formats because they are incredibly overpowered and/or they reduce the game entirely to luck.
I don't think Baton Pass is so overpowered, a single roar or whirwind in enougth to break all my strategy. And about luck, this is a luck game since every move can critical hit and also give some status as frozen, burn or paralyze.
Speaking about status, another rule I don't like is the sleep clausule of just one enemy sleeping for game, if I use spore and the enemy switch, my spore pokemon become useless.
And I know the rules can change here, because last year my baton pass team was allowed in Showdown, but this year is blockes (I just play 3rd generation), and I really want to come back to play with them.

You can play the Anything Goes, VGC, or Battle Stadium Singles formats if you want to use these moves.
I don't find theses options in pokémon showdown.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I don't think Baton Pass is so overpowered, a single roar or whirwind in enougth to break all my strategy. And about luck, this is a luck game since every move can critical hit and also give some status as frozen, burn or paralyze.
And I know the rules can change here, because last year my baton pass team was allowed in Showdown, but this year is blockes (I just play 3rd generation), and I really want to come back to play with them.
Recommended reading on the history of Baton Pass:
Baton Pass - its role in the metagame and possible solutions to nerf full Baton Pass chains - Extremely long, it's basically a suspect thread
XY OU Suspect Process, Round 3 - BATON PASS - The actual suspect
Baton Pass Clause - Mark 2 - The beginning of the revisions

Various PR threads, in chronological order:
Uncompetitive Strategies [Baton Pass] (Important)
Baton Pass. Yes, again.
Unifying Baton Pass Clause
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-in-sm-ou.3604290/

These are primarily about the ban of Baton Pass in then-current generation OU. Additional reading for bans in past generation OU after the CG OU bans is below:
Baton Pass has been banned from ORAS OU
DPP Baton Pass
ADV OU: Baton Pass Test
DPP Baton Pass Revisited [Baton Pass is now banned]
Baton Pass v12
Baton Pass in BW OU
ADV Baton Pass (again)
Baton Pass Suspect Finale (ADV)
Mean Look/Spider Web + Baton Pass in GSC OU

There's a few other threads, but I subjectively think they're not as important/useful/are specifically about lower tiers.

theres been just a little bit of discussion on bp over the years

Recommended reading on the history of Baton Pass:
Baton Pass - its role in the metagame and possible solutions to nerf full Baton Pass chains - Extremely long, it's basically a suspect thread
XY OU Suspect Process, Round 3 - BATON PASS - The actual suspect
Baton Pass Clause - Mark 2 - The beginning of the revisions

Various PR threads, in chronological order:
Uncompetitive Strategies [Baton Pass] (Important)
Baton Pass. Yes, again.
Unifying Baton Pass Clause
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-in-sm-ou.3604290/

These are primarily about the ban of Baton Pass in then-current generation OU. Additional reading for bans in past generation OU after the CG OU bans is below:
Baton Pass has been banned from ORAS OU
DPP Baton Pass
ADV OU: Baton Pass Test
DPP Baton Pass Revisited [Baton Pass is now banned]
Baton Pass v12
Baton Pass in BW OU
ADV Baton Pass (again)
Baton Pass Suspect Finale (ADV)
Mean Look/Spider Web + Baton Pass in GSC OU

There's a few other threads, but I subjectively think they're not as important/useful/are specifically about lower tiers.

theres been just a little bit of discussion on bp over the years
Thanks for the links. But most of them is already close to further replies. It seems this baton pass question is already a settled question, unfortunelly.

I was thinking, what if moves where categorized in teambuilder (as a tag), by what the effects of it were (buff, damage, entry hazards, de-buff, status inflict, increased crit rate, multi-hit, etc)
and possibly also do it for held items (berries types resist, choice, status remove, damage increase, status inflict, over time effects (leftovers type stuff), z-crystals, etc)
this kind of thing could really help someone if there looking for a move that has a specific effect to it but don't know if it 1 exists, 2 the name, 3 if the mon can learn it.
and, it would be relatively simple to implement, only issue is categorizing every move/item (even then, it is just tedious since team builder already has a description)

I was thinking, what if moves where categorized in teambuilder (as a tag), by what the effects of it were (buff, damage, entry hazards, de-buff, status inflict, increased crit rate, multi-hit, etc)
and possibly also do it for held items (berries types resist, choice, status remove, damage increase, status inflict, over time effects (leftovers type stuff), z-crystals, etc)
this kind of thing could really help someone if there looking for a move that has a specific effect to it but don't know if it 1 exists, 2 the name, 3 if the mon can learn it.
and, it would be relatively simple to implement, only issue is categorizing every move/item (even then, it is just tedious since team builder already has a description)
There are already commands that do some of these things. /nms has boosts [stat], physical | special, lowers [stat], secondary (kind of covers status inflict?), multi-hit
as for items, there's /is in which you can type /is [type] to find the berry, /is only select the first move for choice items, and probably most of those you could get with specific terms. That's all the knowledge I have on those.
This should most likely go in the Pokemon Showdown! suggestions forum though.

There are already commands that do some of these things. /nms has boosts [stat], physical | special, lowers [stat], secondary (kind of covers status inflict?), multi-hit
as for items, there's /is in which you can type /is [type] to find the berry, /is only select the first move for choice items, and probably most of those you could get with specific terms. That's all the knowledge I have on those.
This should most likely go in the Pokemon Showdown! suggestions forum though.
thanks for the info on where to put this

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Is there any particular reason why the BW forums are the only ones with an explanation on how the sample teams are suppossed to work?

If you could answer this question before banning me, that would be great.
Explanations for the samples exist because a contributor volunteered their time to write them, this is not a given for every gen. GSC has them too.

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Could tier shifts reflecting July be updated to Pokemon affected by them? Certain Pokemon like Gastrodon (which are still listed in their old tiers pre-July, in this case RU) have still not be updated.

Pokemon like Machamp and Vanilluxe have also been banned from NU and PU respectively, as reflected in their suspects. Instead of being labeled as NU and Untiered, respectively, they should be moved to NUBL and PUBL.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
How I get a pokemon gif to my profile?
I would like a Shedinja bouncing in a white background. As some other users seems to have.
Most "Pokemon with a white/transparent background" profile pictures are the default profile pictures that Smogon assigns you when you make your profile. You can find out what your default Pokemon is by simply deleting your own profile picture. If it's not a Shedinja, simply download a Shedinja gif and use that!

Most "Pokemon with a white/transparent background" profile pictures are the default profile pictures that Smogon assigns you when you make your profile. You can find out what your default Pokemon is by simply deleting your own profile picture. If it's not a Shedinja, simply download a Shedinja gif and use that!
Thnaks for the responde, my innerent pokémon is a Lileep. I don't like that and I will stay with my Shedinja avatar.

Another question, how can I share a battle of pokemon showdown in this forum?
When I saved a battle it become a html archieve in my pc roosted in my directory C.
As example: file:///C:/Users/gabrf/Desktop/about%20pkmn/Gen3OU-2021-11-02-rg4shadow-bean43152.html
But you can't open this link because isn't online. Where can I get a On Line link of my battles to share in the forum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)