Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I was taking a look at the Badge FAQ and noticed that most, if not all descriptions of each badge lack any specific requirements to achieve said badge. For example, "Pre-Contributors (often referred to as "Ladybug") are most notably badged for their helpfulness in the Contributions & Corrections forum". Is there a certain amount of C&C contributions that are required to fit the criteria of getting the badge?
Take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm not C&C staff but I've been around the block for a hot second now- the reason there isn't a concrete number given is because quality and quantity of each analysis written can vary significantly. Do you reward someone who wrote 8 full analyses which were 1 set each the same as a person who tackled some old gen write-up of an S rank with 4-5 sets, each needing multiple paragraphs? No, which is why it's better left somewhat vague.

Giyu

Love is the most twisted curse of them all
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm not C&C staff but I've been around the block for a hot second now- the reason there isn't a concrete number given is because quality and quantity of each analysis written can vary significantly. Do you reward someone who wrote 8 full analyses which were 1 set each the same as a person who tackled some old gen write-up of an S rank with 4-5 sets, each needing multiple paragraphs? No, which is why it's better left somewhat vague.
So if I were to keep uploading analyses, a member of C&C Staff would notice and give me the badge or is it something I would request?

qualcuno sa perchè la megapietra di palude non è disponibile?
quando vado dalla persona che me lo deve dare mi dice che swampert non è il pokemon giusto

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If I had a no guard machamp and it knew fissure could it actually use it in battles in swsh
You can't have it in Swsh (and in any game) because the only way to have Fissure Machamp is to transfer it from the first games and when doing so it will always get its hidden ability which is Steadfast. In Swsh you can switch between 2 regular abilities or get an hidden ability on a Pokemon with a regular one, but ability capsule only works this way and you can't get a regular ability on a Pokemon who has its hidden one, meaning you can't rid of Steadfast on your Fissure Machamp. This is also the reason why you can't have it when you play on Pokemon Showdown (unless you're playing in some obscur other metagames I guess)

If I had a no guard machamp and it knew fissure could it actually use it in battles in swsh
You can't have it in Swsh (and in any game) because the only way to have Fissure Machamp is to transfer it from the first games and when doing so it will always get its hidden ability which is Steadfast. In Swsh you can switch between 2 regular abilities or get an hidden ability on a Pokemon with a regular one, but ability capsule only works this way and you can't get a regular ability on a Pokemon who has its hidden one, meaning you can't rid of Steadfast on your Fissure Machamp. This is also the reason why you can't have it when you play on Pokemon Showdown (unless you're playing in some obscur other metagames I guess)
However, if you were to somehow come into possession of one created illegally the game would be fine with it unless something else about it tripped the hack checks. Fissure on Machamp is legal and Machamp having No Guard is legal. The hack checks only check the PID/encryption constant/Home data markers and if each individual trait of the Pokémon is legal. It doesn't cross-check individual moves against anything other than if that Pokémon can have the move someone.

However, if you were to somehow come into possession of one created illegally the game would be fine with it unless something else about it tripped the hack checks. Fissure on Machamp is legal and Machamp having No Guard is legal. The hack checks only check the PID/encryption constant/Home data markers and if each individual trait of the Pokémon is legal. It doesn't cross-check individual moves against anything other than if that Pokémon can have the move someone.
Thank you

Thanks

Mimikyu Stardust

nyeheheheh
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Hi i want to make a post but with shiny pokemon and backsprites of pokemon, is there a way to make them show like

:ss/mimikyu: but shiny or backsprite?

:ss/mimikyu-shiny:
:shiny-ss/mimikyu:
:ss/mimikyu-back:

dont work

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)