Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I recently won a bo3, but forgot to post it in the thread until the deadline and ended up winning the coinflip. If I lost, would I have had any rights of complaining?

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
chrome_eU8u2SdcjT.png

I have always been wondering why there's no quick link to SM and SWSH on the front page, I know its just a minor thing, but it saves time when searching for stuff sometimes.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I recently won a bo3, but forgot to post it in the thread until the deadline and ended up winning the coinflip. If I lost, would I have had any rights of complaining?
It would ultimately be up to the host, but if you forgot to post your replays, that's on you. Host has every right to coinflip and take that result.

idk if you guys control it and I realize this has probably been asked before, but is it too much to ask for a simple "disagree" reaction? I realize the laugh reaction kinda does this, but it just feels much more condescending and it isn't always clear whether they found a part of your post funny or they are disagreeing with you.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
idk if you guys control it and I realize this has probably been asked before, but is it too much to ask for a simple "disagree" reaction? I realize the laugh reaction kinda does this, but it just feels much more condescending and it isn't always clear whether they found a part of your post funny or they are disagreeing with you.
Wouldn't the Primeape angry reaction technically be that?

i realized i probably put my question in the wrong thread so ill put it here
after pokemon releases for sv and you will be able to trade from sv to swsh and bdsp, will there be a swsh and bdsp tradebacks like gen 1 or how will it be handled?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
i realized i probably put my question in the wrong thread so ill put it here
after pokemon releases for sv and you will be able to trade from sv to swsh and bdsp, will there be a swsh and bdsp tradebacks like gen 1 or how will it be handled?
We don't know how it works yet implementation-wise, so we don't know how it'd be handled policy-wise. Announcements and speculations and leaks are not us being able to test actual implementation, so it's hard to say anything for sure, I'd imagine.

If a host of a thread has just stopped hosting and nobody is hosting, can the community just host the thread until something happens?

The SV OU victim of the week thread was fine until the host randomly stopped doing their job. It may be a sudden irl thing since there was no warning and they have been active on Smogon fairly recently but the thread has just kind of, stopped. I would host it as like a temporary one until the actual host comes back but I’m not sure if that’s allowed or not

Edit: Nvm the mods showed up. Anarchism wasn’t an option ig

Last edited:

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Regarding the color scheme of Smogon Forums' interface.
Is it possible to add more color options to Smogon forums? Currently we have four options: Default/Classic (different name, same colors), Dark, Spooky, and Festive. I personally like to use Festive as darker modes are not comfortable to me, and it is also more colorful. However, I think more color variations would be good and a great way to personalize the experience.

Also what does this message mean: [Please excuse our look during the redesign :)]
I have seen it for a while, is it related to this?

Thanks. :)

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Is it possible to add more color options to Smogon forums? Currently we have four options: Default/Classic (different name, same colors), Dark, Spooky, and Festive. I personally like to use Festive as darker modes are not comfortable to me, and it is also more colorful. However, I think more color variations would be good and a great way to personalize the experience.
not rly, new styles take a deceptive amount of time to write (iirc i spent a few weeks finetuning spooky when i wrote it, there's a ton of minor settings to tweak and colours to coordinate) plus there's only a few people with access to them in the first place. they also all need to be maintained separately and tend to break after forum upgrades, so light mode + dark mode + a funkier version for both is as far as we can realistically go, where we're also forced to make the funkier ones a bit lower priority for maintenance.

Even though the translation project of The Flying Press has its own link there does not seem to be a way to enter it directly from the main page of Smogon. Adding a subcategory under it named translations or something similar would help the translations project to be more on display.
id rather add some way to navigate to them to article pages like how the dex does it, have been meaning to try and figure something out there for a little bit but never got around to it

So if I wanted to make a post that discusses stuff across multiple generations of competitive pokemon, where would be the best place to post it? Ruins of Alph is the first thought but since that is divided up by generation I wasn't sure.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 5)