Smogon Superstars II Preliminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
won against goofball in a game where luck favored me a bit, sorry and tfp.

So why exactly are we doing a rr now instead of using the system? Sorry if the answer's already posted somewhere, but I just don't see the point, also regarding the fact that Delta and I have more points than Limitless and also beat him h2h. Of course I'm complaining because that would ensure my advance btw :p
I want all advancers by Wednesday or Thursday of next week, so if you guys can't complete the round robin, well I'll be using the system.

Edit: I agree with Rey.

Edit 2: The system was mostly used to solve ties like Group H or G. Their case is potential.

I'd expect a semi-finalist from last year and someone who was on Britian on Wc to perform better.
Twash won against StevenSnype :happybrain:

EDIT @ Flamewheeler: G80 will be 2nd in your group no matter what. Whoever wins the match between you and VIL will be 1st.

Group H situation:
If VIL loses

Veteran In Love: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12
G80: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
Iconic: 2 + (3 or 4) + 2 + 4 = 11 or 12
Folgorio: 2 + 2 + 8 = 12
(if Flamewheeler is involved in the tie:)
Flamewheeler: 2 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 14
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 14
(if Flamewheeler is not involved in the tie:)
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 13

If VIL wins

G80: 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 = 15

if VIL and Malfunction both win

G80: 4 + 2 + 5 + 4 = 15
Malfunction: 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 14

So in other words, If VIL beats Flamewheeler, G80 is through. Otherwise, it depends on the result of Malfunction and Flamewheeler's match. If Malfunction wins I think it is a round robin between G80, Malfunction, and Flamewheeler. Otherwise, G80 is through.
In non confusing terms, if you win you move on, G80 moves on no matter what, if you lose, you're done. The system is being utilized for your group, because we're running out of time, and it's a 4 person tie, which a round robin can't solve.

Edit to flamewheeler: pretty much, and please get that one done. Also, it's the sum of the people you beat and their win totals.

Ok, for the record, this system is fucking confusing! Same ratio of wins to losses somehow differs?! o.O So G80 is through and now it's either myself or ViL, correct? The numbers are pointless to me, so am I right?

I'd expect a semi-finalist from last year and someone who was on Britian on Wc to perform better.
My form dropped after Fabbles' tournament, and massively more after WC, but I'm just glad I won a game. I think I could've had a couple more if not for mistakes, but lack of practise (not touring so much, not laddering, etc.) means that mistakes are inevitable. Still, if I win my last game then I'll be 2-3 personally, which isn't disastrous.

How will tiebreaker occur, point system?
Pretty much, because of the potential 4 person tie.

Edit:
Deep thought: 4 + 2 +4 +1 = 11
Bluewind: 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 13
Philip7086: 2 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9
Sage Abdul: 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12

Group H's scenario.

Yeah, but the point system will only be used if (1) Sage Abdul beats Conflict and (2) Philip7086 beats SDS. Otherwise, it could be a 3 way tie or even just 2 way, in which case we'll need to do more matches.
EDIT 1 @ Bluewind: You would like that, wouldn't you? :jump:
EDIT 2 @ Everyone: I just noticed that no one went winless in this tournament. Could it be the first time this has happened? :heart:

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's it, though I would prefer that the system was used just because I'm that biased ._.

Edit: @Deep Thought: damn straight nigga =)

Yeah, but the point system will only be used if (1) Sage Abdul beats Conflict and (2) Philip7086 beats SDS. Otherwise, it could be a 3 way tie or even just 2 way, in which case we'll need to do more matches. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT @ Bluewind: You would like that, wouldn't you? :jump:
Deep thought has been telling the truth.

yea that is pretty disappointing that we only know now that the scores of the games do matter , it would've definitely made a huge difference in how some games would've been played

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
yea that is pretty disappointing that we only know now that the scores of the games do matter , it would've definitely made a huge difference in how some games would've been played
The scores of the matches are irrelevent, Tripe's point system works so that the amount of points which are gained by defeating an opponent depends on how many wins your opponent has.

For example if I beat an opponent that goes 6-1 I'd gain more points than beating someone who goes 3-4.

The tiebreak system being used to my understanding is:

1.) The two players with the most wins in each group advance.
1.a.) If there are ties that prevent the top two players from being determined, and there are three or fewer players involved in the tie, they play one additional match against each other. If it was a two player tiebreaker, the winner of the match moves on. If it was a three player tiebreaker (round robin) for first and second, and one player has two losses, that player is eliminated. If it was a three player tiebreaker for second only, and one player has two wins, that player moves on.
1.b.) If there was a round robin where each player had one win and one loss after a., OR if there were more than three players tied for first and second or second only, each player will be given a score that is equal to the combined scores (number of wins) of each player they defeated in their seven round one matches (i.e. non-tiebreak matches). The one or two player(s) with the highest scores will move on.
1.c.) If there are ties in the scores given by b., they will be broken by part a., but only the players with tied scores (the scores given by b.).

tripe can correct me if I am wrong.

who said anything about match scores
It doesn't matter to people who swept their group.

Edit: Ew speaks truth.
1.) d). If there are 4 or more people with the same record that prevent 2 advancing from being determined, I'm using the system.

Edit 2: Congratulations to G80 and Flamewheeler.

Ok so here is my situation.

Unfortunately I did not see mind or M Dragon earlier this week when I was available, could be due to timezone differences. I have not been able to be online the past few days for more than a few minutes because of various things, one of them being me settling into a new apartment since I begin work tomorrow (I shall miss the college life). Unfortunately, my only access to the internet will be my iPhone, since I haven't finished settling into my new place.

So yeah, that is my situation. I will definitely do my best to get these last two matches done, since I will try to go to my friend's place so I can get online, but I am going to need the cooperation of both mind and M Dragon to get online at the times I can be available. These times should be somewhere between 7PM and 11PM -4GMT.

I am sending this message via pm to both mind and M Dragon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)