Playoffs Smogon Tour 16 - [Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations BKC!

I remember first learning about you by reading one of your RMTs however long ago and then having you as a tutee soon after. I watched you grow as a player over those three months, and I'm glad to have had the privilege to watch you grow into a great guy over the next two years. You told me at the start of this tour season that you would win it, and as much confidence as I have in you, I was still a bit skeptical. A lot can go wrong in this game of odds, but sometimes the game does work out how it should. I couldn't be happier for you, man. You worked hard and earned this. Great job.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Congrats, BKC - it was only a matter of time before you claimed this prestigious tournament champion title!

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Congratulations pollo boy, I know how hard you worked for this and how much you wanted to win so it's great to see you take home the gold this season. Very well-deserved indeed. I'll get that trophy on your profile soon, XenForo is a real doozy to deal with! Boudouche also deserves some praise. I didn't expect you to perform as well as you did at all, and you've made one hell of an impact this season, proving yourself as a great player. I think you impressed me the most this season. I always love to see underrated players rise to stardom and there's no doubt you're a force to be reckoned with now.

I don't think I'll be all too motivated and serious-minded for tour anymore despite my intention to still participate as a player if I can because it's a fun tournament. As such, I'd like to thank a two specific people I've shared my tour history with and cherish my moments with. This isn't to shift focus away from BKC's tour win of course; I always said I'd give these guys a mushy shout-out, and I can't think of a better time to do so than now given how this is the last ADV-DPP-BW season, so ignore the sentimentality!

Ojama: Has been my #1 tour partner since season 13. You've helped me way too much with this tournament, so I wouldn't be able to thank you for your assistance without writing a dissertation. I definitely enjoyed the moments we've shared throughout the seasons. In my humble opinion, I genuinely do believe you left the ADV-DPP-BW era of Smogon Tour as the best all around player in the those three metagames, and I'd still be saying this even if you didn't win season 15. While there's no denying you're a fantastic player, I think what separates you from most people nowadays is your motivation to pump out quality teams in each tier. There aren't many people nowadays who consistently make their own teams and only stick to using their own builds (me being the #1 example), and I think this quality you have makes you stand out from most players today.

I don't think anyone knows just how hard you work when you put your game face on. It's really admirable and inspiring and has pushed me to continue to improve my game more times than I can count. You can be annoying and infuriating as heck sometimes (<3), but regardless, you've become one of my best friends on here and I really do appreciate our time through the seasons and I hope you know that because I really do mean it! You've ended #1 twice in tour and ended #1 in my book in terms of top overall tour player - a player I wish I could be as good and masterful at in those OU tiers. I hope we'll be able to enjoy these same tournament experiences with Gen 6's arrival.

McMeghan: McLazy. You're for sure my other tour bud (used that word just for you). You can apply everything I said about Ojama to you in some way. It's been incredibly fun talking with you about tour related matters in our top secret channel. From raging at hax to ripping our hairs out because of the ridiculous things people decide to do and have us deal with as TDs, I've had tons of fun sharing those experiences with you. I really can't say much else without repeating myself too much, so I'll end it by saying this: we'll never ever be paired in-season during a Smogon Tour. The gods refuse. Well, there was that one time, but you and I both know how that ended heueue bwoi :]

That's that. A big thanks goes out to Eo Ut Mortus and more recently Vinc2612 for dealing with tour points throughout the seasons. It's tedious work and I don't think anyone would have been able to do the job as efficiently as you two. In fact, I doubt they'd ever be put on-site if it weren't for you guys! Congratulations again BKC. Great player, well-deserved and keep sending me more of your music when you get the chance.

See you all next season!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Congrats BKC, good and derserving player.

Et gg à toi aussi Boud, t'as géré comme peu de joueurs l'aurait fait et y aurait eu aucune contestations si c'étais toi le vainqueur.

congrats kevin! i know how much you wanted this, so this was well deserved. good job to boudouche as well!

Jason move over, Elvis is the king.

On a more serious note I would like to say you did an amazing job Boudouche. I should have done it before but it slipped my mind because I was so happy for my good friend BKC and I have been very busy in general. I think you worked very hard to improve and tried your hardest and the results definitly show. I remember watching your tournament matches two years ago, and it is great to see you grow into a stronger better player. I don't even consider losing to BKC a loss because I don't think many tournament players can beat him in a best 2/3 in 3 different tiers. You live up to the honor of the more well known french players such as Ojama, Aqualouis, and french speaking Belgian McMeghan. In other words I don't think you disapointed them and you made them proud. I think you should be very happy and keep up the good work. Maybe you can achieve even better results in the future. :)

I haven't played in a long time, and even before I stopped my activity has been declining for a long period of time. Although that doesn't mean I don't know who did a good job when I see it. :P

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
congrat my son, im glad my teachings paid off.

tho you were a damn retarded student to begin, you really found your feet in da end ehehe

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Congratulations BKC, you really deserved it. You're just a big asshole for forgetting me in your shoutouts but you've always been jealous of me so I am not surprised. Jokes apart, I'm glad you won that trophy because you are for sure a great player and a very solid player in all 3 tiers which is quite rare nowadays. I was afraid that you would become the new Bluewind but you played this very well and clearly deserved it. Congratulations again.

Congratulations Boudouche for going this far. I personally think that you got the hardest way to make it to finals but you've proved everyone that you're an amazing player, especially in DPP. If you keep playing this well, I'm pretty sure you will win one soon.

Congratulations to yan[sogeking] and MarceloDK for never being in playoffs.

Why the fuck is McMeghan speaking in french?

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
Congratulations BKC, you really deserved it. You're just a big asshole for forgetting me in your shoutouts but you've always been jealous of me so I am not surprised. Jokes apart, I'm glad you won that trophy because you are for sure a great player and a very solid player in all 3 tiers which is quite rare nowadays. I was afraid that you would become the new Bluewind but you played this very well and clearly deserved it. Congratulations again.

Congratulations Boudouche for going this far. I personally think that you got the hardest way to make it to finals but you've proved everyone that you're an amazing player, especially in DPP. If you keep playing this well, I'm pretty sure you will win one soon.

Congratulations to yan[sogeking] and MarceloDK for never being in playoffs.

Why the fuck is McMeghan speaking in french?
tl;dr: "I ghosted my two french bros, trusted them my best Ojama's FGW teams, but still got pooped on and now I'm pretending to be a nice friendly loser".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)