Playoffs Smogon Tour 25 Playoffs - Finals [Won by blunder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
i didnt even get to blunder's games last round and they were SPECTACULAR
u guys rlly should take notes because this man is playin bw oras and sm at a level as well as anyone has ever played, below ill post the goatnalysis this round (SW v FLCL & Blunder v Mounts) with the addition of blunder v oj because those games were so spectacularly played they need a review (as opposed to uneventful ass flcl w3k series no shade)
GOATNALYSIS
blunder v oj
Game 1 bw: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-379629
lookin at mu toxic tran can do a lot of work, but toxic gastro with sand chip and wish passing can do just as much damage back due to blunder's team relatively lacking recovery. blunder needs to play aggro or he can lose to eventual chip accumulated on tar into lati sweep. i would say 6-4 in blunder's favor
great lead on both players' part, the first few turns were straightforward, but blunder does a good job conserving mag pp and doubles to amoong for pressure which was a sick play. stun sporing the lati w potential sleep talk was also sick and neutralizes that threat easily. now ojs wincons are lookin scarce. blunder trades rocks knowing rachi wont ihead, then goes tran to keep pressure. the turn sucked for oj due to 42% chance for tran to be parad that turn, which isnt bad. blunder makes back to back to back doubles to not only force in lati but to start doing damage with his hitter which is chomp, and that series of baits into setting up his hitter for a free hit is textbook. how many of u have actually triple doubled ever in ur career playin mons,,, my man russel westblund out here except not gettin eliminated in the first round. did oj predict the draco? or did he predict scarf claw or whats goin on cuz lant is clearly scarfed, or he just thought gastro was the least useful mon and wanted to bait outrage into revenge which makes sense. he played well around the mixchomp which couldv done a lot of damage between the dual stabs. uturn not killin sucked real bad cuz this mew physdef as shit, but seeing as it has to heal up tran can tran and drop it forever or at least try. blunder makes another great read and hp ices lati after a few misses to save pp and also kill it, but oj makes a madman play of exca on ice which in hindsight was the right play, but insane ass blunder went AMOONG of all mons seemingly predicting the toxic holy fuck this man unstoppable. tbf spin/ihead or toxic amoong couldv gotten momentum on all 3 moves. blunder then goes to lant on either sacking lati to sleep or a possible switch to tank gyara, which gives him a scarf uturn in every situation. veteran move. blunder is insane and goes tran which i guess was an expert play to reduce rapid spin pp by 1 in case it came down to a late game pp war, veteran chip at the gargantuan 64 pp rapid spin has and a regular player would not have had the foresight to have made this play. incredible switch to tar after, because he knows his evs allow it to tank eq, so the tran switch was actually bait so that exca would use eq instead of ihead. that was so well thought out and an incredible bait, but oj big dick spun instead and then switched in fear of survive into superpowr, which worked out for blunder. a few normal turns later a rachi hw into gyara makes this game interesting, oj makes a great double to keep rocks off but its too little too late at that point. w rotom left to check gyara and tran/lant for exca and mew, oj eventually loses his last few mons. the turn 45 custap was a sick play because blunder was goign to amoong every time but this time he knew eq was coming so he is guaranteed the custap, and takes out the exca on a seemingly sackign tar play. note that even in the last few turns blunder maximizes the amount of damage that gyara takes from sand, and we finally see that its nat gift flying or so, but blundy gave no chances. this bw game was played to perfection and just shows what kind of form blunder is in rn.

Game 2 SM: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-379630
lookin at mu oj wants to lay down spikes on cham or scor, force some switches w lati and trap the steela before cham kills everything. i would say even mu but slight edge to oj because hazards and chans + zone tech hitting all favor him in the mu, so blunder has to play rght while he just has to not sack the wrong things, 5.5-4.5 in oj's favor. with the help of voltturn. blund leads off w cham because it gets chip on lant/gren/lati and reveals one of their sets t1, and oj only has the option of leading one of those mons or zone possibly, but it still gets chipped and gives scor rocks. ealry pressure was put on by both sides w gren netting a layer each and chans/scor rocking.blunder continues to double to gren on tang coming in on oj's gren with confidence, and he keeps hgettng the play right to put on pressure. turn 10 latios recovers to scout a possible medi double and possibly live dpulse, which is a great play but also tells blunder this isnt mix lati and is likely max hp cm esp from f out damage. a few pivots later blunder uturns w half hp scor on gren becuase momentum > healing, and he was rlly forced to uturn because spikes and a low tang meant that gren was going to be a huge problem, so i think oj slips up here and lets the gren take a huge uturn to the face (it was either tuturn or eq there because roost = lose a mon potentially). fast forward to scor v kart, blunder might have predicted band or just an sd set to straight up attack predicting uturn maybe? however ututrn was still the play because he can then go to koko and put on pressure, and also because the more mons he trades with oj without chipping lati/chansey the sooner lati will eventually win with zone trapping. bludner here sacks tang because it doenst do naything anymore, and z revenges which came as a surprise probably because most run shucca. uturn and gren double like earlier, except this time the lower hp lati couldnt afford the luxury of scouting. spotting the double, the turbaned menace that once 6-0d the tourbanned menace (cbb) was all but rubbing his chicken tikki masala drenched hands in excitement, then he sent in his medicham. weak ass zen does jack shit to lant and this puts blunder in an actually p mediocre position. oj's lati bait worked out becahse seeing as kart is sd and gren is choiced, latios can just be tanky 3 attack w ice or something since he hasnt revelaed cm yet, which made it logical for blunder to hard steela on lati which got trapped. a smart volturn into gren shows why oj went to lant instead of sacking gren on the cham, veteran maneuvers that may not have been noticed but are very important details as to how he maximized his chances. volt into tbolt ensures no funny business and that lati and chansey together have a good chance at winning. blunder on turn 30 roosts w koko but it was a huge throw, seeing as after the damage he dies to dual hazards, and nothing else could potentially get rid of hazards on his team for gren/cham to win. what he needed to do was either stall out the terrain and then heal up or kill zone right away, that way koko lives hazards if forced out by lando and can stil defog once. agter zone dies to koko, however, i belueve oj fell for the surprise set reveal much like custap tar in game 1, except in this game the surprise set actually hd consequences. had oj known it was defog koko he shouldv gone lando to prevent a defog, it doesnt matter what scor does he will win with lati and chans because gren could only come in once more. however he went to lati and roosted on defog, giving blunder a chance to uturn out to gren next turn and either flinch fish, or go koko on chans, defog until death and kill lant w cham, then lati has to roll w pulse to kill cham or blund goes scor on the attack, dies or slow uturns into gren then another 5050 ensues. by no means has oj won at this point, but i think the crit seealed it for him. well played game on both sides, blunder put on pressure just as he needed while oj executed his gameplan of getting haaards for gren and trapping steela then winning w lati and chans. great series here, and i wouldnt have minded an oras g3 at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEMIFINALS
SOULWIND vs FLCL

g1 BW https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-379983
in this mu i honestly feel like flcl has a huge upper hand because not only is he equipped to deal w band or sd rak which is sw's breaker, he has a kyurem which eventually will do sw in lategame. i dont see many ways many ways sw breaks that team tho burning ferro into gettint hazards into forcing spin into going tar and trapping/killing tenta would be his wincon. i would say 3-7 mu against sw this game.
veteran double wisp by sw, step one of chipping away at that core complete. knock did absolutely nothing there i mean its not a bad play to catch the ferro but sw wanted rocks up asap. it turns out flcl has subtox scor while sw's was presumably sd w ifang, so sw has a huge advantage there, and by turn 7 it looked like sw has turned the game slightly in his favor. i think the turn 8 ice fang was unnec cuz the only switchins to sd were toed and kyu, so eq for chip woulda been amazing pressure v both. flcl wanted to sneak in his kyu on the rotom or ferro, but sw makes the veteran midground and hards tar. at this point somethins gonna take a hit, and fearing ice flcl went rachi. he uturns to prevent exca from grabbing momentum, and it turns out sw was protect ifang and not sd. sw goes tar deliberately predicting kyu this time, and a few turns later gets rak in upon kyu and tar both getting chipped. now sw can either band sedge or sd to grab somethin, and flcl predicts band edge. a nice double to foce rak out and initiate his new game plan, get tspikes up and win with kyurem. scarf exca tho foils his plans, and a few turns later kyu is forced to keep subbing to force sedge misses or ccs. sw gave zero fucks and kept hitting edges, but holy fuck max max scor is fat as shit tho sding there woulda been a madman play. however, after rak died it was only a matter of time before kyurem won if ferro got knocked off, dodging wisp just allowed flcl to speed up the process tho i think maybe sw had a chance since burn and sand is doin almost a sub worth of damage per turn but idk i doubt that mattered.

g2 ORAS https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-379986
lookin at mu flcl can put on a lot of pressure with zard, so sw had to lead either zone or rak, therefore flcl will counter with a wait,,, nvm its flcl hes gonn lead w a volturner brainlessly. yup, not rotom losing 1v1 to torn, oh shit wait throw in weav too. now u tell me how the fuck ur rotom AND weavile just lost to a torn. can someone explain???? can any human being reenact a scenario in which a torn COMING INTO AND BEATING BOTH ROTOM AND WEAVILE is physically possible. flcl has transcended mere mons playing, he has taken clicking to its absolute pinnacle: im going to click the skilless move that my mon has which i have put on the mon for its specific role on this team, ie: rotom only volt switches, weav only pursuits. im not gonna bash flcl too much more but this has to be the worst opening since justice league flopped. omylord and then he goes scor on weav to activate orb. have u e ver seen a torn coming into rotom and beating it, then scor coming into weavile??? if this game isnt rigged then why did flcl go to the freethrow line as often as lebron? and by freethrow i mean free(wins)throw(n) by flcl.
im surprised sw even went for vs on turn 5 because ferro was a midground, since zard here on ferro coming into rocks gives flcl momentum. nvm ofc flcl clicks ft on the fire weak not one play was made holy shit. i odnt eevn understand the doubles being made anymore, i just see a scor trynna counter clef switching into sedge into scor doubling to slowbro cuz scor isnt sd/predicted ib? then into ferro on draco? ok we straight. flcls team is so shit how u have rocker/spinner in one, u can never keep em up/off at the same time, esp since ur defogger is choiced. that team has to be bottom 5 oras teams iv ever had the misfortune of laying eyes on, just thinking of flcl's dumbass thot process making that team "oh so i put rocks on exca, that way i spin and rock in one and save mon slots so i can pack as many skilless rotoms clefs and co as possible xddd anime titties" lowers my iq by at least 12.
yea anyhow flcls zard gets forced out by a torn turn 14 i mean HAVE U EVER SEEN A TORN DO SO MUCH IN ONE GAME i mean ok sun isnt up but the burn fish is FREE his only switchin is slowbro and since u have no toxicer and no swtup alongside it mon, u lose anyways, so why not FISHFASFASG going to exca will only lose momentum to the rak coming in. anyhow sw keeps rocks AND pressure up w a double to bro and the game is lookin wrappidy wrappy from here. nvm game dragged on for just a tad more and brokescor still won, but how do u keep pressure up w zard when u cant keep rocks off ever, this end was bound to happen. damn what a shit game

g3 SM https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-379990
sw brought his usual fat shit but this shit is extremely weak to offense spam, especially of the grassy terrain kart variant. i think if flcl plays this unretardedly he 2kos everything w kart. this game is about 4-6 in flcl's favor, maybe more, but 3 attakc lati once latios is pursuited can do damage.
holy fuck 4 turns in banded megahorn already almost killed the 1 of 2 grass resists, now theres more and more pressure to take on the choiced grass brothers. flcl doubles early to keep pressure up, tho the tran v clef isnt intentionally thought out he was jus ttrynna tank the gyro. now, u have a tran in vs clef, what would u do? A: click the most obvious play oat and give sw momentum or B: go bulu to keep up pressure on the tar/lati. DING DING DING on this week's retard jeopardy, flcl took "what is do nothing and not keep up offensive momentum" for 400!
anyhow unbanded eq litetally heals zygard for -26%, and guess what the play is here? ta to force clef recovery and then guarantee a bulu switchin or: hard bulu and give ferro potential healing? hmmm ok fine actually this play was ok too it didnt rlly matter, but props to sw recognizing that double to pressure rocks and healing ferro for free. a few turns alter sw gets rocks up courtesy of terrain running out, recognizing tht he needed rocks to pressure, and he even takes the opportunity of the missed mag to double ferro on lati and get spikes up, tho shut down by hp fire. now if u look at the game state, 30% clef, full pex and scor, 88% lati, rocks up, vs 6 whole ass threats on flcl's team. phew, this a toughie to lose for flcl. yet as i say that, he goes hard bulu on roost, then predicts a 2013 bw set of min speed scor and stays in to sack bulu. in his own words "i get nervous and i dot think in times like that", yep flcl rlly blanked out. he says that he shouldv gone kart or ferro on the facade, well no shit sherlock. and then instead of crit fishing which isnt even the worst case, he switches around and sacks literally everything. i mean going ferro w terrain up was perfectly fine, leech then sack for terrain then kart prolly won but hey havent we all choked on a fat one in tour, just not as often as fooly tho. was a well played game for the most part, i liked how sw came thru and held on to the chance of choke and played it to a point where he had a chance to win, shoutout to sw.
this gif sums up the series p much
"hey fooly, did swoaty win this series or did u lose this series?"

BLUNDER VS MOUNTS
G1 SM https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381000
lookin at mu lati 12-0d that team, so as long as blunder plays it right he rlly cant lose to the only 2 sweepers alt and kart. seeing as 2 rock weaks torn has to be defog, lando is prolly defensive and kart scarfed, therefore everything is 2kod by lati while clef and the steel brothers walled everything. good lead t1 on blunder's part because it was gonna be scarflant/torn/kyu. twave then rocks, good start for blunder, as he didnt rlly need clef to pivot into anything that the rest of his team didnt deal w. mounts makes a mistake going tran predicting non rocks tran so he loses momentum healing the altaria. idk what set the altaria was but going torn on uturn for chip is asking to trade defog for a kill, but not like he couldv done much else unless its 3 attack alt in which case he shouldv fire blasted or eqd. alt comes out forcin blund to switch, but blunder always goes for the soft check in lando. mounts doubles to kart predicting the ferro i guess? but blunder going lando every time is to prevent tran doubles from ever getting rocks. guessing that kart isnt scarfed, blunder uturns out again, keeping up pressure every single turn. wow this guy rlly makes not the midground plays but the pressure plays where ok maybe the midground couldv been ferro or tran one turn, but imma go hard lando every time to deny rocks versus getting spikes up. he wants the freedom of doubling while punishing opponent switches, and as u can see in the first 10 turns not 1 was wasted (ok ep so 9). he goes clef to heal and bait eq then doubles lant and continues the vortex of turn turn. bad mb let rocks up but he soon makes up for it w the lati play ice beam into tran>alt. i was surprised he risked sedge since he can easily uturn to clef and get rocks up again on the spex kyurem, he didnt need clef as much as lant but big dick plays we stunt or die out here. kart sd was scary but good thing no human runs timid, and that wraps this game up. blunder kpet up momentum ev ery step of the way and u can tell because most of mounts' mons didnt even get to click attacks. since mounts was sd kart he needed to bring this in way sooner, but the problem is blunder gave 0 chances. he never sent out ferro, and he never didnt uturn or have lati out, or tran/twave clef to deter setup. blunder rlly played this perfectly by always getting in his mon that killed shit while deterring mounts' mons that did anything. bravo outplay

G2 BW https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-381001
well this game ended on turn 3, lesson learned do not use flex shit standard beats all

G3 ORAS https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ou-381002
one of the best oras games iv ever seen, this game is a textbook tutorial on how to keep up momentum and outplay a disadvantageous mu.
from the lead i think blunder was at a 4-6 disadvantage since kyub 2kos everything while scarfexca can clean up. once weavile dies thund swept too. in short, blunder has to not let kyub take too much while keeping weavile alive, keeping rocks for momentum, and survive w clef then hope to win w a cm or so once exca is gone and lati doesnt have trick anymore.
blunder leads off very well becayse lati beat evrything but zor. im surprised mounts lead kyub because thats the one thing blunder couldt afford to let lead, so it was either lati or gross which both lost to zor lead. anyhow free draco into free rocks, but rocks arent that free when kyub is threatening the 2hko on everything. here a dtail woulda been great since dragon ground coverage hit everything while zor wouldnt stay in fearing fire balst, as mounts' only gross/lati answer. i feel like if u are ever gonna play ballsy w kyub, its right off the bad. if chomp dies zor potentially walls everythig, so staying in or going clef/lati was a long shot. in that case ib was a shitty play, but blunder reads it and goes weavile since maybe mounts thought that blunder would think clef would be safe. blunder stays in to knock the kyub knowing that mounts would know to ice beam the lati switch, and this knock was a huge turn for blunder because not only does it weaken the ibs for clef the kyub also dies to anthing now. turn 6 blunder has to decide a midground for chomp/kyu so he decides to go clef, but the crit was very unfortunate. blunder then stays in to trade ft with ihead, both because scarf exca is a threat and on the chance that a double could come out on the predicted chomp to chip exca on ihead. he burns the chomp giving him all the more reason to heal up, but i guess he just wanted the rocky helmet gone to click knock later? idk. when lati came out, i was praying he goes lati, since this is def non scarfed and likely spexd if it came in on clef. the lati could click any of surf, fire, psy, ANYTHING but the dragon move, so lati was free as shit here. anyhow, gross died to crit but the issue isnt huge, as gross lost to exca, allowed zor setup, and is outsped by thund anyway and died after hp fire chip. blunder gets a clutch defog off to save his weavile, which comes into play later. mounts double psychics maybe fearing the uh,,,,, the balls out flamethrower play right there??? i mean wow he rlly thought blunder would go crazy, or maybe he just made a stupid and mindless safe play since blunder had pressured him into a corner by turn 17. that psychic was very awful, because zor>back to lati covers the weav/softboiled plays and only a MADMAN flames. now he loses lati for free, and while watching the game live i was thinking maybe just pursuit the thund because nobody runs unnp thund anyways. however, why risk it, i agree with blunder switching out. turn 22 was another 5050, and mounts gets this one right. good plays going to rotom and then slow volting to secure rocks and crippling zor, now mounts' wincon is killing weavile and winning with thund or chipping chomp with ice and winning with exca eq. on turn 27, blunder mindreads mounts and sees that mounts knows he can go rotom for free and cant risk chomp, leaving the game to one final 5050 w weavile. therefore, he STUNS on this man and stays in ending the game w a swift dragon tail. damn this game takes a while to digest and u can see that blunder really understood every play his opponent needed to make/was going to make, and how he outmaneuvered mounts almost the entire game. mounts is a good player, he makes the "right" plays, but it takes a special level of understandnig to make all the counterplays to the right plays, which is why blunder is the best player this st.

Speaking of goat predictions, my DONDICTIONS remain perfect
i made the prediction when sw was playing g1 w flcl but it had jsut started, timestamps to prove

and as for the final round of dondictions, I will declare with utter certainty that
SOULWIND will emerge victorious as the champion of this st, despite blunder being the current best player this tour
REVERSE JINX WORK UR MAGIC DENY BLUNDER HIS FIRST TROPHY HES DEF NOT WINNING THERES NO WAY THIS REVERSE JINX LASTS ALL TOUR IS THERE????

rt:
REVERSE JINX

As much as I want blunder to win, I honestly feel like that Soulwind has the upper hand imo, I predict that Soulwind will win in SM and BW and blunder will win in ORAS.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
SoulWind vs blunder - both very deserving of the purple trophy, but a statistic worth mentioning is that every player aside from sw who has won ten individual smogon tours possesses a individual trophy of some sort, & he joined that prestigious club this season. with that in mind, to not find him extremely overdue for an individual trophy is outright insane, especially since he came oh so close to the gold one under a month ago. as for the series itself, i feel like soulwind takes bw, blunder brings it to 1-1 in oras, but soulwind brings it home in an sm match that comes down to the final turn.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Great finals, both have been tearing it so far and absolutely deserve the trophy.

Still rooting for sw because he's been going at it since forever, and him losing a third finals would be so sad. I mean, at this point, blunder winning would basically be a homicide lol. I hope this game will finally give him some slack !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)