Playoffs Smogon Tour 26 Playoffs - Finals [Won by z0mOG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion

Finally, after wasting weekend upon weekend for over 2 months we get to the part we've all been waiting for.

Congratulations to everyone who made it. Both the veterans and the rookies who made it for the first time should be proud of this. Don't forget to thank everyone who made this tournament possible, from the many individual hosts to those who kept track of points and statistics.

For anyone that is unfamiliar with the format of Smogon Tour, in the playoff stage each pairing will face off in a best of three series in the SM, ORAS and BW2 OU tiers. The higher seed picks the first tier that will be played, with the loser of the first game picking the following tier. Win 2 out of 3 and you are one step closer to the prestigious pink trophy.

And without further ado...

Round 1

1. Tricking vs 16. Gondra
BW/SM/ORAS

2. Finchinator vs 15. Zokuru
BW/SM/ORAS

3. SoulWind vs 14. Bad Ass
SM/ORAS/BW

4. FLCL vs 13. ABR
SM/ORAS/BW

5. Empo vs 12. craing ;_;
BW/SM/ORAS

6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u
BW/SM/ORAS

7. xray vs 10. FMG
ORAS/SM/BW

8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser
BW/SM/ORAS

Round 2

1. Tricking vs. 8. z0mOG
BW/SM/ORAS

2. Finchinator vs. 7. xray
BW/ORAS/SM

3. SoulWind vs. 11. Welli0u
BW/ORAS/SM

13. ABR vs. 5. Empo
SM/BW/ORAS

Round 3

8. z0mOG vs. 13. ABR
ORAS/BW/SM

2. Finchinator vs. 11. Welli0u
BW/ORAS/SM

Finals

8. Z0mOG vs. 2. Finchinator
BW/ORAS/SM
deadline is get it done.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
4. FLCL vs 13. ABR
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u
7. xray vs 10. FMG
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser

1. Tricking vs 16. Gondra - tricking is broken at sm, oras and bw are up in the air but i think tricking is the favorite
2. Finchinator vs 15. Zokuru - finch has had an amazing run, cant predict against him
3. SoulWind vs 14. Bad Ass - bad ass favored in bw, soulwind favored in all else
4. FLCL vs 13. ABR - flcl won this matchup last time, these two are very skilled but they have very different playstyles, i think abr will take it this time
5. Empo vs 12. craing ;_; - this is one is hard to predict, empo plays very well, but craing is a team building genious. ill go with enzo dong because bias
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u - how do you predict against the kingpin
7. xray vs 10. FMG - xray should take oras, but FMG has looked strong in snake draft, should be close too
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser - i am a big fan of zomog's play, i think he'll win this

4. FLCL vs 13. ABR

6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u

7. xray vs 10. FMG

8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser

4. FLCL vs 13. ABR
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u
7. xray vs 10. FMG
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser

After a pretty good start, I wish i didn’t get haxed and especially didn’t play bad the 3 last weeks.

Last edited:
4. FLCL
vs 13. ABR
6. Ojama
vs 11. Welli0u
7. xray vs 10. FMG
8. z0mOG
vs 9. Kickasser

Dflo

SM lover
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
4. FLCL
vs 13. ABR
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u
7. xray vs 10. FMG
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
1. Tricking vs 16. Gondra - Tricking is much better as a player, much more creative as a builder, has better knowledge of all 3 generations and has more experience. Gondra has always seemed pretty inconsistent to me while never really blowing my mind with any of his games. Think this should be very one-sided.
2. Finchinator vs 15. Zokuru - I'm gonna go right ahead and say that I mix up Zokuru, Zuchtrest and Zugubu Royale all the time and I can never remember who's the guy who always brings the same stall team in SM and doesn't play the other 2 tiers. If this person that I'm thinking of is actually Zokuru then I think Finchinator should have a significant edge considering he's got better knowledge across all 3 gens and is just a much more versatile and experienced player.
3. SoulWind vs 14. Bad Ass - Kinda biased on this one. Despite thinking he's a great player SoulWind has yet to impress me in playoffs of any tournament when it comes to what he brings and the plays he makes. Even though Bad Ass was gone for a long ass time, this is a guy who I'd easily expect to always be in playoffs of tour 3 years ago because he was one of the best players on the site. Not sure how motivated he is and SoulWind always seems very motivated to do well in tournaments, but I'm still gonna predict Bad Ass to win because when he was at his peak I saw him as a much better player, and maybe that's still the case.
4. FLCL vs 13. ABR - Don't really know in this one to be honest. I think FLCL's playstyle matches pretty well into ABR's, who I always see making plays that are very good at throwing his opponents' aggression against them, and FLCL is really good at reading those moments. I also think it is relatively easy to predict the type of teams ABR is gonna bring, especially in SM and ORAS, and FLCL can definitely take advantage of these predictable patterns. Despite these advantages, ABR is more solid overall and builds better (even though predictable) teams, not to mention he's less likely to throw away leads, something I've seen fooly do numerous times.
5. Empo vs 12. craing ;_; - This is the series I'm looking forward to the most. Ben has always impressed me a lot as a player but I do feel like he always underperforms when the stakes are high. Empo is one of my favorites to win the trophy as he's been super consistent for a very long time and has super creative takes on all 3 metagames. His aggressive playstyle should also be very good into the defensive teams Ben usually brings. Despite these advantages, I do believe craing usually prepares better for his games and tends to always surprise me when I think he can't anymore, and I could see Empo being caught off-guard and tilting. Hoping for some great games.
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u - Gotta predict the french fdp to win here. I haven't seen Welli0u play in a very long time, but his SM never particularly impressed me and I don't think I've seen him play any of the other tiers despite knowing he knows how to play them. Ojama is probably the best player on the site right now in both SM and BW, and his ORAS is very solid as well. Compared to Welli0u, Ojama has way more experience, he's not afraid to pull triggers and he's the better overall player. I can't see him losing this.
7. xray vs 10. FMG - xray is definitely not bad but at the same time he is definitely not very good as well. While I do think his ORAS is pretty clean he's kind of always disappointed me in everything else I've seen him play. FMG is someone I have very high expectations of and I believe this is a matchup he should be able to win for sure.
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser vs The Community - This is honestly a pretty tough prediction to make because z0mOG is my boy, but this asshole predicted me to lose in every round of Slam so he can go fuck himself now. I didn't even want to predict Kickasser to win because this motherfucker sabotaged me in tour last week when I asked in SmogTours chat for ORAS teams and he gave me ONE team with fucking SYNCHRONIZE Alakazam. And guess what? I fucking lost. The biggest loser here is for sure the Tournaments Community who's gonna have to sit and watch for several minutes 2 trash players duke it out in 3 tiers, 2 of which they have no clue what the fuck they're doing, and probably observe some of the worst teams and chokes during it. I guess it's an interesting series just to see how far Mr. Remy Ratatouille can take his cheese in official matches, but I'm expecting baguette guy to not sabotage himself as he did to me and go through to the next round.

2. Finchinator
vs 15. Zokuru
4. FLCL vs 13. ABR
5. Empo
vs 12. craing ;_;
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u
7. xray vs 10. FMG
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser

1. Tricking vs 16. Gondra - Tricking has to be one of the best players right now. He always seems to know the right plays to make and how to win games.
2. Finchinator vs 15. Zokuru - Finch is a little too hot right now to go down first round.
3. SoulWind vs 14. Bad Ass - I don't see Soulwind dropping SM or ORAS.
4. FLCL vs 13. ABR - I don't think ABR will lose to FLCL again, but this serious could go either way.
5. Empo vs 12. craing ;_; - 3 games of HO is going to be fun, but I like Empo cause I think he'll want it more.
6. Ojama vs 11. Welli0u - Can't predict against Ojama, but I wouldn't be surprised if Welli0u gets ahead early and takes this in two. He is really underrated.
7. xray vs 10. FMG - I absolutely love xray and would smile from ear to ear if he won this tournament, but I can't pick against my teammate here. I think xray takes ORAS and FMG takes SM and BW.
8. z0mOG vs 9. Kickasser - My highlight of the round. Give me z0mog in a game 3 that comes down to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)