Playoffs Smogon Tour 30 Playoffs - Finals [won by Empo]

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will prob need an extension, (we scheduled for monday 7) I go on a trip on Friday morning and return on Sunday afternoon, and he told me at the start of the week that he really Can only play on the weekend, so if there’s not problem, we playing on Monday 3/4 pm gmt +1

Lol I'm 2/7 atm, I got BK, Luigi, Ojama, Pohjis, and Star all wrong RIP.
2. SoulWind vs. 10. Typhlosion48 - SoulWind will probably continue his run here after defeating Finch in 2 clean games. Typh had an impressive win against Pohjis as well but I think SW is playing extremely well atm, coming off of classic. Especially with BK getting smoked, he's the highest remaining seed, and the 2 seed won last time...? Could be SoulWind's time.
(3. Giannis Antetokommo-o vs. 17. ima) vs. 11. BKC - Giannis, after losing to a cheater, was gifted a once-in-a-lifetime last chance in the tournament. I thoroughly doubt he lets it go to waste, and he has a lot to prove. More determined than ever, I doubt Giannis will let this opportunity to prove he's legit go to waste. I think he will wash ima and then beat BKC in a close game where BKC takes ORAS. If ima wins vs Giannis, I give the win to BKC.
4. beatiful vs. 5. Empo - Definitely MOTW. Beati is super hot coming off streak of wins in snake tiebreak and last week vs Luigi. With that being said, I think Empo has a lot to prove after his untimely defeat last tour. I call this the "Virginia Effect." After a while, the public will start expecting Empo to lose, but he will just keep on winning. With that being said, it's extremely unfortunate that these two have to face off this early. I think the winner of this game is going to win the tournament. A game to catch for sure.
8. John W vs. 16. Kenix - I learned a crucial lesson by picking BK last round. I repent. GOAT Kenix has immense momentum behind him and an entire coterie to support him as well. Especially for John W, who is not in a good headspace atm an early gg, I think the mental game will get to John W and he will get exposed. The first game is the most important in this one.

Still rooting for Empo, cause I like to be right! Good luck, all!

Here are some more predictions. :psyglad: Also, happy birthday DrReuniclus! I hope you're having a nice day.

2. SoulWind vs. 10. Typhlosion48 - SoulWind 12-0d Finch last weekend, though the ORAS game in particular doesn't truly reflect the power imbalance the score might indicate. Nevertheless, it was another confident and commanding showing for SoulWind to add to his long list of accomplishments. In fact, SoulWind looked sharp to the point where you get the feeling he's going to get robbed in the final by beatiful or something like that. Taking it one round at a time for now, I do think he's going to win this series. Typhlosion48 started to unravel a little bit against Pohjis, though Pohjis is one of the hardest players to truly beat in our entire community. Finishing off Pohjis is like winning a 50-shot rally against Novak Djokovic in tennis. He's just gonna get everything back, so you really have to get the ball past him somehow. SoulWind, however, is a different animal. Typhlosion has impressed me, but SoulWind historically does not slip up in series like these.

3. Giannis Antetokommo-o vs. 11. BKC - This is by far the most alpha vs. beta match-up remaining, which was confirmed by Giannis' comments following the SS game against ima earlier today. After being praised for overcoming ima's, and this is true, Trubbish, Giannis made sure to let the people know he is only this good in SS. I'm all for a humble and respectful attitude, but there's no need to talk yourself down like that, Giannis. You're clearly very capable and you legit cannot make top 8 of Smogon Tour playoffs, let alone qualifying for them at all, without also being able to win SM and/or ORAS games. You're good at this game! BKC, meanwhile, brought the heat against Ojama and undeniably announced to the competition that he's capable of winning it all, even without the old gens he's more at home in. Giannis has been feasting on the competition all year, but the Greek Freak's dominant dining is going to end here. Czech, please!

4. beatiful vs. 5. Empo - Here's a fun little game: let's all try and predict how long this entire series is going to take, and whoever gets closest gets drafted by M Dragon in SPL alongside H.M.N.I.P. Surely it won't take longer than like 14 minutes. In fact, I'll go with 11 minutes as my final answer. These two will be clicking faster than Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling in the movie The Notebook. If they start 10 minutes early, only The Sprinkler will get to watch the series, as he'll be there idling on Smogtours asking for DPP games. Seriously, my grandfather's pacemaker doesn't even click this fast. If these two ever manage a team together it'll be called the Cerulean Cave Clickitungs. Alright, alright, I think I'm done. bea might win the SS game, but Empo will win the SM and ORAS games for sure. Book it and book it fast, because these two will pounce on any last minute offer faster than anyone else could. Alright now I'm really done.

8. John W vs. 16. Kenix - John W has been managed or captained by reyscarface into starry blanket into Tricking, and boy does it show. Here I was thinking Donald Trump took the early celebrations far, but man. In any case, I like the confidence. Kenix impressed me in his R1 series as well, though I think I was more so let down a bit by BK's team selection. SM was unwinnable for BK and Kenix had a bit of a shaky endgame in the ORAS game, so I'm not quite convinced yet. John has been stringing together a very impressive year across both team and individual tournaments, which has me inclined to lean towards the consistent and more experienced option. Kenix clearly isn't afraid of the occassion, though, so I certainly can't rule out the upset. If John decides to pipe up again, but this time he loses the series, then Kenix's massive army of supporters will never let John live it down. Could be spicy and should be a great series to watch.

Typhlosion48

RBTT Champion
ggs
Glad to have made it this far. Clearly, I'm not very good at oras and didn't prep well enough for a couple of reasons which resulted in me using an ss and sm(if there was a g3) team similar to one I've used in the past. Thank you to those who gave me teams and helped me test.
gl bea

Last edited:
Eres un ser increíble, diste lo mejor de ti y por eso te admiro. Pasaste por varias transformaciones fuiste tan poderoso que todos nosotros te odiamos. Espero que renazcas como un buen tipo, te estaré esperando para pelear. Yo también entrenare, entrenare mucho para volver más fuerte. Adiós, Kenix

Kenix

World Defender
ggs. Sorry everyone who cherred me for this series, I'm a bit disappointed with how I played. I think losing g1 made me more nervous than what I already was and that made me do some misplays in g2. I guess u sometimes play as shit, and my lack of experience was notable, but I hope I can learn from series like that. Thanks to everyone that supported me, Brazilian and Argentinean army and specially to the people who helped me prep, beatiful Sagiri ElectricityCat ACR1 Enzonana. toytean Blanko Justamente @mdragon egalvanc @ahd

beatiful is going win this

Eres un ser increíble, diste lo mejor de ti y por eso te admiro. Pasaste por varias transformaciones fuiste tan poderoso que todos nosotros te odiamos. Espero que renazcas como un buen tipo, te estaré esperando para pelear. Yo también entrenare, entrenare mucho para volver más fuerte. Adiós, kenix

Go Bea ganas esto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)