Playoffs Smogon Tour 30 Playoffs - Finals [won by Empo]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. SoulWind (SM, ORAS) vs. 3. Giannis Antetokommo-o (SS): I think giannis is fantastic. He looked really impressive last round, much like he does during the regular season. Good team choices, very consistent play, as simple as that. Even though he has seemingly shed some of his issues that were present in that set vs juuls, he still doesn't seem the most confident in his SM and ORAS. SoulWind is one of the best players around in these two tiers, so this might be tough. He's on a similar skill level as BKC, but I would say he is more on top of his game lately. I think he will have better teamchoices than what BKC brought last round, and knowing SW, he will probably be more willing to pull the trigger. I think this will be a close one, but ultimately I'm just favoring SW on the basis of him being more experienced in SM and ORAS. Giannis is a great player and I could definitely see him taking this if he plays and preps like he did last round...

5. Empo (SS, SM, ORAS) vs. 8. John W

Not doing a prediction here (i was actually 3/4 last time, pretty hype) but instead wishing good luck to the 4 people here. This overall a good smogtour, and atm it's looking like we're gonna get a first time winner which is really sick. There's no "darkest timeline" winner here, I'd be happy with any 4. If I had to pick one person in particular, it's probably Empo. I've bet against John W twice and been wrong twice, but I don't learn from my mistakes. Empo vs either SoulWind or Giannis would make for a great finals imo. All 4 are dope tho, so good luck to everyone.

John W

Banned deucer.
ggs bro, can't really say anything good bout my performance vs empo but i'd be lying if I said this tour wasn't exciting to be apart of this season. Getting to semis of OLT and stour then getting beat badly both times in the builder sucks a lot but it certainly isn't something that'll discourage me moving forward. I think I could have played the oras game a bit better but some adjustments I made to the team a day prior really hurt my webs matchup so unless I got very lucky it seemed like empos game to lose. Anyways, thanks to the people who helped me test or gave ideas, you guys are always available when im not confident or burnt out and it means a lot. Rooting for empo to win the tour but this won't be the last time im here so until then take care everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)