ah the spanish curse.. I lost 1-2, and congratulations to Ojama, you clearly deserved it more.
i just can't explain with words my gratitude to everyone that has helped me through the season and the playoffs, you guys are awesome and you're one of the reasons i still like this shitty game.
special shoutouts to:
-bkc: being one of my best friends here and supporting me all rounds. you've helped me a lot preparing for the matchas and specially with dpp which was my lowest level tier and you trained me well.
-danilo: for the adv team i used in the finals. you're also a great friend and you have made me better in adv with your advices, so pretty much thanks about that!
-all the beastaroonis: you guys supported me a lot during this season and it's pretty unique. defintely happy to have known everyone of you because i've had very funny moments in irc with all of you and you're all very considerative.
-the spanish armada: obviously i couldn't forget you guys. you've also helped me a lot during the matches and giving me advices for my opponents. besides our bad start, we'll get it. #vamosespaña
-bloo: haha my bitch. you're also a great friend of mine and it surprises me how nice are you, helping me with everything i ask you in smogon and i always promised i'd mention you so w/e.
-bad ass: besides i dont know you for a long time, i met you some months ago and you're a really good friend and a great player overall. you offered to test with me a lot when you lost and an amazing supporter. thanks a lot for all your help sir!
-the german guys: i couldn't forget any of you too. thanks for all the team advice and help you gave me (especially vertigo, conflict and fakes) because i couldn't have got the finals without you.
-#starksharks: ah my lovely spl teammates. you have root for me in every round of playoffs and always offered to giving me teams and testing, so props for that and sorry that I failed you MoP :(
my apologies if i forgot to mention someone, you guys are a lot but in the bottom you know i have ya all here ♥
i guess i'll try next season, thanks to all the hosts and TDs that make this tournament possible because i think it's one of the funniest in smogon.
I won BW and DPP and lost ADV against SoulWind, ggs.
Thanks to everyone who helped me during the whole season, I wouldn't have been able to win without you guys. Also, thanks for your really nice comments everyone, I really appreciate. But if I had to name only 2 people, this would be McMeghan and Bloo for sure. I can't explain how much they both helped me through the entire season, thank you so much guys. I hope your curse will end soon Bloo =)
Shoutouts to :
- panamaxis for helping me this much in DPP. That Hail Team was made by him, Bloo and myself and this is clearly the best DPP I've ever used. Love you dude.
- Go10: because you will stay my tutor and my best friend here for ever. Though we haven't been talking together for a few weeks because you decided to quit Pokémon for LoL, I dedicate you this win man ;). Thank you for everything.
- Team France: you guys are simply the best, I really hope we're winning this trophy this year but even if we don't, this is always a pleasure to play this tournament with you =). Definitely the best tournament on Smogon because of you. NANAR <3
- BKC for supporting me and helping me this much through the entire season. You're one of my best friends here bro.
- DracoMalfoy for what you've done to me for 2 years. I clearly wouldn't have been able to win this trophy without you. You have been supporting me since last season and I can't thank you enough for that bro. <3
- Princess Bri aka Dice (the worst username change of all time btw): thanks for your constant support on skype and for everything dude.
- august for being the worst old gens battler of all time =). Sometimes soon you'll beat me, don't worry.
- WhiteQueen: because smogon would be boring without you + because I won with Abomasnow =p #freewhitequeen
- Bloo + McMeghan + Philip7086: you guys are simply the best, it would be too long to write something about how much you've helped me. Thanks for constantly supporting me, you guys are just amazing and I cannot thank you enough for everything you've done. This victory is also yours, I definitely couldn't have won without your help. Just thank you, I love you guys. <3
- Everyone who helped me and supported me through the entire season: badass, limitless, kevin garrett, harsha, pocket, the great mighty doom, mostwanted, jabbathekoffing, pkgaming, cbb, aldaron, jason, iconic, ciele, gr8astard, D4RR3N, etc... I'm sorry if I forgot to write your name :(
I would like to congratulate SoulWind for his amazing tournament. You beat strong opponents and you really are a great person. I'm pretty sure you will win one soon, you deserve it.
What a great final series. I'm sad I couldn't be online to watch it live!
Soulwind - I got to know you this last year in SPL, and you were always not only such a great player, but a great person. It's a shame you couldn't take home the trophy this time, but as many others have said, I have no doubt that you will some day win it if you continue to try.
Ojama - I couldn't be more proud of you man. I don't think people understand just how badly you've wanted to win the Smogon Tour for years now. I'm so happy to see that your hard work and perseverance finally triumphed over the shitfest that is this game we all love and hate. I think everyone on Smogon can agree that this is something you totally deserve. Not only have you come out of the regular season ranked #1 for TWO STRAIGHT TOURS, you set the record for total number of regular season points this time around. That alone is a ridiculous feat. On top of it all, you are the most generous team share-er I've met. So many top players just use "Ojama Teams" because we all know how solid your team building skills are, and you are more than willing to send over a pastebin upon request. That was my biggest fear for you coming out of the regular season - that you teams were so widespread, I worried that you would be too easy to counter-style and that you didn't have anymore tricks up your sleeve. You sure as hell proved me wrong! Great job dude, it's always good to see top players get rewarded. All I have left to say is...
GET THIS MAN HIS TROPHY ALREADY YOU LAZY ADMINS! HE'S WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!
I know first hand just how hard these two worked to achieve the greatness that they did, because I saw just how much testing they were willing to go through and stuff like that. These two to me are the model competitors, and it was fitting that they would play each other in a finals series like this. I'm really impressed with both of them.
Soulwind: Great job making it this far bro. I'm really happy for you man. You're a good friend and just hmu on skype anytime ;D
Ojama: Man, if Princess bri likes you then you must be doing something right, and I understand just why he does. Though it may not be apparent, you are one of the most forgiving and humble guys on this site. You know me for who I really am, unlike some people on this site. Grats on the trophy, I know you're relieved to have it now. Couldn't be prouder to call you my friend.
Yes I did just copy Phil but who cares? I like both of the finalists I can do this if i want to ;]