Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 35 Playoffs [Won by MichaelderBeste2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Lost ggs

Evidently filing SM as a loss every set probably will never work in these playoffs, but I'm happy with my general performance except for the SS team this set. Whenever I get the time to do this tour again I'll try and take some weeks to figure out wtf SM is on my own, because right now neither the teams I build nor the plays I make are up to standard for that gen.

Big S/O to We Three Kings for taking the time to talk me through prep, it really meant a lot and I know I can be difficult to work with for various reasons, so thank you. Thank you to everyone else who offered help or tested as well, you know who you are.

Gl to the semi-finalists, personally I'm rooting for Luth, you've got this dude.

Lost ggs

Evidently filing SM as a loss every set probably will never work in these playoffs, but I'm happy with my general performance except for the SS team this set. Whenever I get the time to do this tour again I'll try and take some weeks to figure out wtf SM is on my own, because right now neither the teams I build nor the plays I make are up to standard for that gen.

Big S/O to We Three Kings for taking the time to talk me through prep, it really meant a lot and I know I can be difficult to work with for various reasons, so thank you. Thank you to everyone else who offered help or tested as well, you know who you are.

Gl to the semi-finalists, personally I'm rooting for Luth, you've got this dude.
Great run chief, keep clapping us in fut tours!

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Lost ggs

You’ve come such a long way in just a couple years. Can’t believe we were playing AAA and Balanced Hackmons just a few years ago and now look at you. Very proud of your work my friend, keep it rolling! :blobpex:

Lost in 3, good games to my opponent.

After making classic playoffs and losing a very close set to the winner, I felt that wasn't enough for me. Then boom, the stour times changed to accommodate my work schedule and I made playoffs. I figured as long as I prepped well and played my best, id be okay..and here we are.

I always joke about how I had no friends to help me during classic playoffs, this tournament was a complete 180. Thank you to everyone that helped me, especially 3d Attribute fade Vert and umbry . Listening to my nagging, testing, and crazy ideas, you guys aren't just great competitors but great friends as well.

And finally to you Corazan I should have listened. I had the opportunity to not only take your advice, but my own nagging advice and ignored both in SS. I now know how you feel.

I'd say I'm proud of my run but I'm not, this will sting for awhile.

Last edited:
FINALS

2. Luthier vs 9. MichaelderBeste2

~~~~~~~~~~

................................defeated Originality56, nat, and Isza............................................................defeated ChrisPBacon, Skypenguin, and SoulWind.

~~~~~~~~~~

..........May there be honor and glory bestowed upon the righteous victor!..........

Last edited:

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
recorded 3 of the sets for r2 (stresh sw / heute skype / nat luth) & will live record this too for anyone who misses + wants to watch

2. Luthier vs 9. MichaelderBeste2 - cool finals from some underdogs (?) but good players, both have played pretty well and beaten great players to get here. Heute has been one of the best SS players for the past 2 years, he qualifies for individuals and has gone positive this gen every time he's played it so it's no surprise to me he is 3-0 in playoffs. Luthier has also been great at SS I think his asshole playstyle this gen usually works out and he played pretty well from an unfavorable position to win in semis. Assuming luthier misclicked bax -> glaive in his semis sv game I think he's piloted offense in sv pretty well and wasn't scared to make hard/aggressive plays. Heute has seemingly gotten a better grip on this gen > when he played it in spl, piloting fat + offense well this playoffs. SM I think they were both sloppy, heute had ass mu vs skype but also binned the only scizor answer t1 then lost from a (mostly) won position vs sw. Luthier played really well r1 but I think gave nat outs if she took different paths and didn't position well vs isza. I don't like some of their team picks either in sm some of them feel a little outdated.

I'd favor heute in all 3 but obviously wouldn't be surprised if luthier won any of the 3 gens, I think if heute wins SM he wins the set. Good luck to both :blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)