• No

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy23

"Lets go to sleep in Paris, and wake up in Tokyo"
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Red Cosmonaut is posting like he can't play without them. There's nothing wrong with giving somthing a chance...

Wow I can't believe that it's this close. Jirachi is used scarcely, and is able to be killed by a bunch of things... notably Dugtrio after the kill, Earthquake Snorlax, Swampert gives it a run for it's money, Metagross, Tyranitar, among other highly used Pokemons. No, it's not overpowered, or unbalanced.

are you not contradicting yourself here? you say that banning celebi gives a larger variety, which everybody wants, but that jirachi should be counterable by the swampert that everyone has.

however, I voted that it shouldn't be banned, because of all the earthquakes around.
Even if you ban Jirachi, nearly everyone has Swampert because it's one of these Pokemon that counters so much - see Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, for starters. Therefore, most teams already have a Jirachi counter in him and it won't make much of a difference whether Jirachi is there or not.

I don't think Jirachi plays a huge factor. It's not as bad as celebi. Keep it for now, and see how things turn out. If everyone uses jirachi in this tour and it's imbalanced, then take it out. But keep it for this season.

I think its funny that people are comparing Swampert as a counter to Jirachi.. have you guys heard of Tyranitar? Psychic will still hurt Swampert when switching in, a counter made for Mence and Tyranitar shouldnt be switching into Jirachi too often.

Even saying this.. I think Jirachi and Celebi should be banned this tour. See how it works and if it should stay this way or not.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dont experiment with the actual tour. Jirachi ban is ridiculous, it is not anywhere near as strong as Celebi. With Celebi, it is clearly the strongest pokemon in the game, so banning it is reasonable, but even when you remove Celebi, there is no way you can say that Jirachi is clearly stronger than a whole host of other pokemon such as Zapdos, Tyranitar, Metagross, Heracross or Salamence..

Have a nice day.

(It's not like people actually use Jirachi either!!! It's usage level would be BLish!)

P.S. This is not a spelling bee thread. You all know what he means, so any other spelling posts will be deleted. Kthanks.

Sure, allow Jirachi. Everyone and their mom is using Swampert, and if you cannot keep that alive then your team is supposed to lose anyway.

I found banning Celebi make team building much easier and allowing more variety so please keep that.
My sentiments exactly. Celebi is a comoplete whore. Jirachi isn't even hard to counter.

However gengar wil be absurdly popular without either of his two best common counters. Why are even considering a barely used pokemon for ban.

you guys overrate celebi so much it isn't even funny anymore...skarmory/metagross/tar/houndoom/dragonite/mence/gyarados/articuno/jynx and so on. Jirachi on the other hand only has a few counters, those being tar and meta and maybe eqlax/swampert and claydol. But reflect/cm/wish/psychic beats all three.

Jirachi is so easy to counter, with earthquake being everywhere. This is painfully obvious as wwell, since no one uses jirachi. And sbk, that set you posted gets owned by anything with a psychic resist, including half the stuff you posted as being beaten by it. Hipno definitly made a good point about most legendaries and base 600's being more overused and powerful then jirachi. If you ban it, ban them.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
"Jirachi is easy counter with Earthquake being everywhere"

Yes, a good Jirachi survives a fucking CB Salamence Earthquake. Just want to say that people sometimes think move is SE -> instant counter.

jirachi can stay because it isnt that hard to kill imo. most team i use/battle aainst have more than one poke packing eq anyway. celebi does need to die however its just way to broken and was always to powerful for ou imo. i think celebi is the uber version of blissey

"Jirachi is easy counter with Earthquake being everywhere"

Yes, a good Jirachi survives a fucking CB Salamence Earthquake.
Yeah, with like 10% left. Swampert survives most grass attacks, even from calm zapdos, the new standard, with a good 40% to spare, assuming it's sassy, yet we dont ban it. Also, just because it doesnt die to it doesnt mean it can do anything to it. Swampert and anything else with a decent sdef and eq will take next to nothing from jirachi while 2hkoing it.

Meh whatever there are other pokemon that are far stronger or dangerous than jirachi that can sweep you if one move is played wrong example of this is tyranitar,salamence,zapdos,suicune and the list goes on.Also celebi can be a (BAN ME PLEASE) but it was because of celebi that some poke weren't too annoying to battle(suicune,zapdos,cursepert,and even lax as it just get seeded) so now with the cele ban this poke can be a pain to kill but what ever people just complain about something their teams can not beat so they just want to ban it.I never had trouble with cele or jira but pokemon is pokemon and i guess people want to win more so they want them both banned i see where this is going. Maybe all lengendaries should be banned? what ever

The hidden argument behind "Jirachi is weak to Earthquake and lots of Pokemon have Earthquake" is that Jirachi is having a hard time switching in battle and Calm Minding up with 100 base power and 2x damage hitting it between the legs. Not saying Jirachi is hard to bring in, just that Earthquake being common makes it harder to bring than if Earthquake was not everywhere or not super effective.

Tyranitar and Metagross do not kill Celebi...ESPECIALLY if Celebi uses Leech Seed on the switch. The SD Version of Celebi -destroys- Tyranitar (The one with HP Fighting..) Tyranitar can't even 2HKO with Crunch when Celebi uses Leech Seed.. Metagross does decent against Celebi with Meteor Mash...but it doesn't do enough to Celebi unless you have crappy defenses and/or Choice Band. If you have Choice Band, Leech Seed/Psychics are going to screw you over really fast..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)