Smogon Tournament #7 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Smogon Tournament #7

Welcome all to this years edition of the Official Smogon Tournament. As you all know, this is our premier Standard OU tournament, held each year to crown a sole champion of our standard metagame. On the line is a trophy, bragging rights and a place in Smogon history... let's just say if you walk out of this thing on top, you are kind of a big deal.

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Registration Thread

Prediction Thread

Specific Rules

• This is a standard DPP OU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Shoddy Battle (CAP Server) OR Pokemon Online (Smogon University or Pokemon Online Server). I only say this because the timer does not yet work properly on Smogon University, so PO might be a better bet. Also note, Shoddy does not have the newest event moves whereas PO does.
Standard Rules and Clauses

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Uber Clause: Pokemon that are in the Ubers Tier are not allowed to be used. The tier list can be found here.

Questions and Answers
  • Q: Should I save a log of my match as proof of my victory?
    • Yes. While it is not mandatory to show us the log of your victory, it is the only proof you have in the case of a dispute and it is always a good practice to keep the logs of your tournament matches.
  • Q: Will there be a Predictions Tournament like last year?
    • Yes. It is linked at the top of this thread. Hurry and submit your predictions, and be sure not to battle before the prediction deadline is up!
  • If I was rejected, can I at least sign up as a sub?
    • A: No.
    --------NEW!!!---------
  • Q: What happened to Self KO Clause?
    • It was agreed upon in Policy Review here that the clause was "uncompetitive". As a result, if a match ends in a tie, it will count as though no match occurred. This means another match must be played, with whatever team you wish.
Finally, after much debate, it was decided that this years edition of the tournament will be Best of Three format. This means that players will play until one of them wins two games. Players are allowed to switch teams completely between games, or use the same team, it is completely up to the player. If players only partially complete a series before the deadline, it will be considered an uncompleted battle and action will be taken accordingly, either an activity win or a coin flip.

Rulings

Last, here are some rulings to cover any and all possible disputes that could arise, as we know people like to find loopholes:

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

If you have any questions, please PM them to a Tournament Director. If they aren't answered by this thread, then I will add it to the Questions and Answers section of this thread.

With all that out of the way, let's get to the pairings!

PAIRINGS:

Limitless vs TheFourthChaser
Ryusuke-0 vs Expert Evan
King Emerald vs San_Pellegrino
Munchin Munchlax vs reachzero
Kevin Garrett vs toshimelonhead
Dr.Fleischmann vs Curtains
susovjk vs Veteran In Love
dark vs darksoulSP
ENZ0 vs Maaf
NatGeo vs waffles101
uragg vs Tyler
GeorgeSlayer vs Ninja-persian
Plumoe vs Yondie
snorlax vs Eraddd
tblakey89 vs dukefan5
Ian15 vs Ala
Delta 2777 vs Cristal
Light-Kun vs Stathakis
FM vs Rolf
Comp vs husk
Smith vs G80
Erebyssial vs fitzy72
No. 1 Machop Fan vs faljner89
Haldar vs Faladran
Chris is me vs Al Gore
Huy vs Delko
gmax vs PDC
SOMALIA vs LonelyNess
WhiteQueen vs Wilechase
NailsOU vs killadav2007
billymills vs Gabe
AndViet vs Wario Land 3
reyscarface vs Wikey
zdrup15 vs Sixonesix
Coronis vs LiNAInVeRsE
Seafunks vs _AlexiS_
Alakazamaster vs Class
drcossack vs eaglesrock
TV-Rocka vs Synral
blarajan vs Raseri
Ciele vs supermarth64
YoshiX vs tito
locopoke vs StevenSnype
Disposable Puppets vs Princess of Johto
goofball vs Celsius
Havak vs christos21
MSB vs Giga_Punch"
Firesong vs JLance
Kaishin vs Bartman101
CTI vs The Real Elmo
Sarenji vs Meru
BlisseyofDoom vs Asuya Sosuke
uninstructed vs kuja20
pizzapie vs Echo.
Lady Gaga vs .Kyuusei.
rekt vs Bobtheball4
muffinhead vs Blackhawk11
Energy Storm vs marcelodk
A2ZOMG vs sasu
BnE vs Plusle
Alexa888 vs macle
Kinneas vs TONY MONTANA
Milenko vs Optimusje
Miku vs Pharaoh
HerbieTG vs makiri
Grimm70 vs bluewooper
xrubenx vs SlimMan
imperfectluck vs hanke
Aqualouis vs Agammemnon
manu-7p2b vs aziki
HolyChipmunk vs Kazak
BlocksRcool vs Athenodoros
Unreality vs xtrashine
masterful vs Pokérob
IronBullet93 vs danmantincan
pokemonrocks777 vs Tomahawk9
Thorns vs Golden Sun
noobiess vs AlphaJolt
cayr vs HBK
arnokkio vs Chronicles
SilentRevolver vs gregj92
JabbaTheGriffin vs Dracoflare
Salad vs Rocket Boss Giovanni
Venser vs Lord Salamence
[HP] Juan vs Tsubasa-kun
froggrunner vs CriCri95
LizardMan vs Cooltrainer
Varment vs PttP
Oddish On Fire vs Stallion
Sapientia vs Philip7086
Nachos vs shep
Winters Zombie vs Sparko
Rediamond vs Ginku
Accipender vs Marcurcio
Mew vs Sledge
Eo Ut Mortus vs Marioman07
Ditto vs comatthew6
idiotfrommars vs EpicTurtle
Mizuno vs Dublinnaser1
Ranigad vs MazeL
ShinyAzelf vs SatiSuicune
Terraquaza vs bubbly
~Golden Emp vs shade
ssbbm vs Davy Jones
Krack vs Thoughts
ZandgaiaX vs TobesMcGobes
Bluewind vs apologies
TheSpartan vs skarm
Gil4 vs Bad Ass
Nauar vs GoldenKnight
srk1214 vs Eminem
Parallel vs DetroitLolcat
Seven Deadly Sins vs Pidge
monkfish vs Brian McCann
Gabranth vs symphonyx64
maniax vs The Wolf
Mercy vs TheMoe
JackieChun vs zfs
D0nut Eater vs Jcpdragonx
Huntofthelion vs Iconic
Herocross vs -JGrey-
hypervortex vs kd24
KidX vs destinybond
legendary_07 vs panamaxis
Earthworm vs Kaxtar
Quagsires vs Alaka
Lady Bug vs Toaster
Belphagor vs Geezar10
Scofield vs -Mind-
_Flygon_ vs .CarloO~
M Dragon vs spies
ginganinja vs pokefreak77
IK. vs TAY
Reverb vs Conflict
Takua vs Towelie
sasuke_man1 vs Dubulous
Flamestrike vs PK Gaming
undisputed vs vashta
Sk vs Gouki
zorbees vs amphouse
Vaz vs ¬Chase™
Blazin Kickin Chicken vs Pseudonym
Dummy007 vs obi
shartruce2 vs Navy
Seriin vs little loven
Aldaron vs Lakers
RayePenbur vs CRASHiC
Malekith vs 6A9 Ace Matador
EspyJoel vs Veedrock
PrayingMantis vs Xiang
The_Chaser vs kael
Princeton vs Atticus
BinarySolo vs Engineer Pikachu
Stone_Cold vs cosmicexplorer
Heist vs lucas69xx
Mekkah vs AlphaSpade
Werecario vs Taylor
Megan_Fox vs Picollo
SasukeNF vs marioland
Buba vs Alan
DaPlayaFlow vs Malfunction
-Dragon9 vs DarkLucario
MisterMushy vs Windsong
Pirika vs JewishAccountant
Flamewheeler vs freddles
bugmaniacbob vs LafondaOnFire
Kyogre vs _Rewer_
smashlloyd20 vs Xav
Dark Abyss vs badalcristiano
jonathanrp vs Manafii101
NjSoccer vs Eternal
Fluffy Bird vs Aerrow
NKR vs 199 Lives
Barbarossa vs lambasto
gritane vs SilentEcho
franky vs KnightoftheWind
Aeroblacktyl vs Solace.
Zeph vs tophway
Scimjara vs Jackal
wilson46 vs Geno
twash vs Private
Epic Flygon vs ToF
purplefingers vs LORY993
drug_duck vs B-Lulz
Smurf. vs massi4h
NC vs Calciphoce
Boudouche vs stellar
SsAaVv vs george182
Zak91 vs kokoloko
Sudo vs Folgorio
theamericandream38 vs megaman12
kaonohiokala vs ThePatriot

SUBSTITUTES: [All used, here for reference]
NjSoccer
CriCri95
gregj92
Celsius
eaglesrock
Oddish On Fire
Alakazamaster
PJ_Graphix
HerbieTG
Finaldmge
LafondaOnFire
Geno
Energy Storm
Zak91
Kinneas
hypervortex
Eminem
Xiang
Stellar

The deadline for this round is Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 11:59:59 EST. This is a hard deadline and there will be no extensions. With such a large amount of people playing, we will not be considerate if you have not completed your battle. If your battle is incomplete, you run the risk of losing to a coin toss.

If your battle is incomplete and the deadline is approaching, send a Tournament Director a PM saying why you haven't done your battle. We will use these to judge activity, and will call matches if one person has been much more active than the other.

As for subs, if you want one, PM me. If you cannot get in contact with your opponent at all, PM me and I will sub them out. If you want to be on the list of subs, and you meet the joining criteria, PM me.

Who will be the undisputed king of DPP? It's time to find out. Good luck everyone!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DO NOT BATTLE UNTIL THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2010 at 11:59:59PM EST TO LET PEOPLE MAKE THEIR PREDICTIONS

Battles completed before this date will not count.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
here we go

highlights imo

Limitless vs TheFourthChaser

Havent seen Limitless play recently, while TFC is pretty much addicted so...

ENZ0 vs Maaf

Good new player vs tour finalist, assuming this will be good.

Delta 2777 vs Cristal

delta is huge and cristal is lucky so it kinda evens out but lets go with skill on this one

Light-Kun vs Stathakis

one of the best players in late DPP vs my tutor, ahhh well ill go with the top player as Stath man youre rusty as fuck

locopoke vs StevenSnype

tour finalist and solid player vs a relatively new but good indian, ill go with the surprise here

imperfectluck vs hanke

lol, going with hanke as he has a SHINY TROPHY and ipl doesnt (jebbachs doesnt either!!)

Sapientia vs Philip7086

Going with a German win here, dont ask me why

Bluewind vs apologies

apologies is all talk no action and bluewind is at his peak

Huntofthelion vs Iconic

hunt was very good back then but im not sure if he has played lately, while ive seen iconic play a lot...

legendary_07
vs panamaxis

revenge of the latin from the world cup

Scofield vs -Mind-

go mind

IK. vs TAY

IK active, TAY inactive, yeah

Reverb vs Conflict

Reverb has this won unless he tries out some stupid new team instead of one of his good old ones

undisputed
vs vashta

undisputed is getting better and better

The_Chaser vs kael

KAAEEEELLLL own

-Dragon9 vs DarkLucario

d9o was great back then but i havent seen much from him lately, and about DL well he won a tour

Scimjara vs Jackal

latin vs canada the answer is obvious

and this is just plain hilarious

Aeroblacktyl vs capefeather

Gah have to play G80 first round, this will not be fun. Anyways shouldn't be a problem to get through these, I'm taking a five day vacation on Monday so hopefully we'll be done before that.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
:adam::adam::adam::adam::adam:nice i had first post and jackal deleted it -_-:adam::adam::adam::adam:

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
some of the good matchups

ENZ0 vs Maaf - enz0 is good
Limitless vs TheFourthChaser - limitless good
Light-Kun vs Stathakis - DACODBOSS
imperfectluck vs hanke - ipl wnt trophy one of the best matchups
Sapientia vs Philip7086 - another great matchup gotta go with phil
Bluewind vs apologies - apologies defeated me once
Huntofthelion vs Iconic - awesome matchup sad its rd 1 :( gotta go iconic
legendary_07 vs panamaxis - zap plate zapdos
Scofield vs -Mind- - hear hes good
Reverb vs Conflict - both are good idk who wins
undisputed vs vashta - vashta always shows up strong
Sk vs Gouki - good matchup, gouki is strong
Aldaron vs Lakers - lakers
The_Chaser vs kael
DaPlayaFlow vs Malfunction - dpf will come off not playing for months and win

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I'll contact Wario Land 3 once it's time to.

Looks like great round 1 matchups.

Confirming that I've read this topic. I will be at work until Sunday. I plan to train hard on Monday with a fellow player tblakey89 and I will be ready to play from the 27th - 31st December. I am making this valid and known so Masterful also knows and the staff know, I am keen on completing this match and winning, I just have had stuff planned 6 months in advance as well, I have also cancelled work times 27th-31st now JUST to play these 3 matches vs Masterful.

I appreciate allowing me to play this year. I will be working hard today, tommmorow and till the day to kick ass. Public Messaging Masterful now! :D

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
YES! IT'S NOT IPL!

Will contact my opponent and get this done; the extra time to do this is fine for me, my internet is gonna be shit until Friday anyway.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Im so fked. Couldn't you just gimme some newb til round 5? Guess not. You guys go to harsh on me.

Yo Reverb, im gonna contact you after Thursday for sure... maybe... possibly.... perhaps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)