Finals Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Status
Not open for further replies.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
everybody got so caught up in wanting to be a winner, that they have forsaken the game itself. pokemon, the once prestigious and beautiful game is burning downs all round us. i remember when all everybody wanted to do was to be the very best, like noone ever was. now all everybody wants to do is win. i hang my big hed in shame.

i pray for thiss site, and it player

Double01 should have known the rules. It is his fault that this happened. I blame the lack of preparation by that Dunk guy and Double01 for what has happened here. Gr8astard deserved this win because of his advanced studies of the rules and superior battling skills. To the people saying that if Gr8astard was really better, he could've used a different team and still won, if Double01 was better shouldn't he have won? Nope because he wasn't better and also lacked preparation.

Tl;Dr: Gr8 is better than all of you

Deluks917

Ride on Shooting Star
gr8 took the replay round 2. There was nothing he could do in the finals that would have pleased smogon. Might as well take the win.

Also I do not think it is fair to specificaly stop people form insulting EW while tolerating a thread full of personal attacks on all sorts of people.

To be fair though, ew really hasn't done anything that could be construed as making him a "bad person"--even if you disagree with any of his rulings, he's still done his best to be fair. There were lots of sticky situations this OST, and there was no series of decisions he could have made that would have satisfied everyone.

All that said, congrats gr8! Whatever issues related to the replay vs double01 and the second game vs dunk, defeating so many skilled players on your way to the top is certainly an accomplishment, and I for one think you're totally deserving of the trophy. Congrats man!

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double01 should have known the rules. It is his fault that this happened. I blame the lack of preparation by that Dunk guy and Double01 for what has happened here. Gr8astard deserved this win because of his advanced studies of the rules and superior battling skills. To the people saying that if Gr8astard was really better, he could've used a different team and still won, if Double01 was better shouldn't he have won? Nope because he wasn't better and also lacked preparation.

*facepalm*

You have no idea how much I want to Dear Wilmer this post.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Since when was there this many retards on smogon? I thought OU suspect threads were bad but Christ this is so much worse lol

Congrats to Gr8 for taking it out, congrats to DU for getting this far

lOL the man to beat mcm is gonna be the man to take it all right NITRO!!?!?!?!

lavos please shut up you are so upset that hugo won because you got outplayed by a lanturn man plz

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I know we all thought ost was a joke but to take the WHOLE THING on a PO glitch could not be more fitting, good job

Goddamn after reading this thread I have to say more. The "dunk was disrespectful" posts are just fucking stupid, think about how many players would've gone absolutely batshit after having this happen to them and then look at his posts again.

Lol wtf

Lowgock

Doyen & Éminence Grise of the German Pokémon Community
is the 3rd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Stop talking shit
If gr8bastard knew the rules he should have told double01 about it, if he were a sportsman. In reality his actions were like this : "well i'll play him, if i win i'll hope that he wont read the rules again or that he won't be dick to force a replay, if he wins, i'll be dick and
demand a replay. And its not like double01 is the only one at fault gr8bastard also agreed to play after all

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this thread has become a cesspool, a shame considering its the finals of one of the sites marquee tournaments. get the fuck over it, pkmn.

congrats gr8astard

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
My suggestion would have been to give gr8 the 3DS, then make them replay for the trophy in a bo5 where gr8 has a 2 game advantage. That accounts for dunk having seen his team. Then again, what do I know ^_^
Seems reasonable to me. I don't even mind putting the ds on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)