Finals Smogon Tournament #9 - Finals [Won by gr8astard]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard of a lot of PO-bugs, but never of that one. Seems like it only happens in ost-finals.
Gratz Hugo, you deserve it!

Reactions: amg

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
The thing is, I didn't load that team, and I didn't challenge with that team, what can I do if I got screwed up by a PO bug that is even reported

??????

I don't see what the problem is with replaying with different teams, especially considering he MUST have another one at least in case this had gone down to a third game. Thanks to the organization.
so this man is claiming that this particular po bug, one that has never been reported EVER, just happened to have occurred at the unfortunate time of ost finals upon the unfortunate destinyunknown, also conveniently timed to be right after a humiliating game 1 loss. I'm not a mathematician so lets have professor lavos analyze the statistical probability of said event.

was ew really worried about setting terrible precedents when such things have been done all tour

karl pilkington has nothin on this joke

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
DestinyUnknown I was rooting for you, but you totally screwed it up. I am disappoint :\

Thanks for the entertaining game 1, gr8astard!

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Grats to gr8. Hopefully next year the rules will be revised but I do feel gr8 deserved the win

I don't understand how it's terrible precedent. You set the precedent after enforcing the rematch that "If you load a different team by mistake or accident, your opponent is allowed to force you to stay". It's a dirty tactic if you force the player to stay in the game but there was no precedent for that today. DUNK didn't intentionally cheat...Why would he? There's too much risk to try something like that.

For the first tournament on Smogon that features a major cash prize to end like this is honestly disgusting. We're basically enforcing that competitive play is pointless when we can take the shortcut around it (Ironic coming from me, I dunno). And it's a real shame because cash prizes could be huge for Smogon Tournaments moving forward but then this is the first citing of what they added to the games. BTW, I've heard there were more dirty matches / tactics done by players this year that weren't reported in general, really just disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)