Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyranitar's usage doesn't really tell the whole story about Sand Stream's impact on the metagame in comparison to Drizzle. Tyranitar is a good standalone pokemon while theres little reason to use Politoed or Ninetales if you aren't going to use pokes that take advantage of their abilities. I don't really consider a team to be a "sand team" just because they use a Ttar when they don't have any other pokemon that benefit from sand. Admittedly Politoed and Ninetales CAN hit like a truck but I rarely see them unless they're supporting a team of weather abusers. I'm not saying sand teams aren't used a lot, because they are, just saying sand isn't the only reason to use Ttar. I still think I see more rain teams. If there were a pokemon with actual good stats with the Drizzle ability it's usage would be through the roof.

I don't think sand or rain should be banned, just wanted to make that point.
T-Tar's usage along with some other Pokemon though, specifically Excadrill, as it really has no use outside of Sand, does say a bit about Sand's impact. Regardless, Sand is going to be in at least 1/5 of matches people are going to play in, so that by itself is pretty significant.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Rated BW Uber Usage Stats:
| 483 | Unown-E | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 484 | Unown-I | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 485 | Unown-N | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 486 | Unown-P | 1 | 0.0045 |
| 487 | Unown-S | 1 | 0.0045 |
Thanks a lot R_D! Wow! I knew sand dominates this meta, but I guess I am not ranked high enough to see it in its full glory. Meh.

Edit: and overcentralization should not be an argument to ban anything from here on out!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rising Dusk, thank you so much for collecting and posting these stats! After doing it myself for the 4th gen, I can certainly appreciate the work that goes into this. As an unrepentant stat junkie, I'm elated to see the beginnings of 5th gen stats gracing the Smogon forums again. Great work!

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And people say the metagame is centralised...compare these to any set of Gen 4 stats...

Thanks R_D!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar's usage doesn't really tell the whole story about Sand Stream's impact on the metagame in comparison to Drizzle. Tyranitar is a good standalone pokemon while theres little reason to use Politoed or Ninetales if you aren't going to use pokes that take advantage of their abilities. I don't really consider a team to be a "sand team" just because they use a Ttar when they don't have any other pokemon that benefit from sand. Admittedly Politoed and Ninetales CAN hit like a truck but I rarely see them unless they're supporting a team of weather abusers. I'm not saying sand teams aren't used a lot, because they are, just saying sand isn't the only reason to use Ttar. I still think I see more rain teams. If there were a pokemon with actual good stats with the Drizzle ability it's usage would be through the roof.

I don't think sand or rain should be banned, just wanted to make that point.
Nah, I'm not saying Sand should be banned or anything, just that it's so easy to have Sand on the field thanks to Tyranitar (and would you look at that, the top 10 is filled with Sand pokémon...) that you can't really say Politoed dominates the metagame. I mean, Heatran is higher than Politoed, anyone would expect it would be down in the twenties just because it loses its STAB...

Lol @ Mew in UU.

And to think we thought it would be broken...

Also:
| 141 | Wobbuffet | 3879 | 0.6473 |

Wow...and to think we thought IT would be broken...

T-Tar's usage along with some other Pokemon though, specifically Excadrill, as it really has no use outside of Sand, does say a bit about Sand's impact. Regardless, Sand is going to be in at least 1/5 of matches people are going to play in, so that by itself is pretty significant.
I agree, like I said, I acknowledge that sand is prevalent. You're right in saying that Excadrill wouldn't get much use at all if not for sand, and when considering it's usage I'll take back what I said about rain teams being more common. The difference between teams that abuse sand and teams that abuse rain is not so much as you might think, though, if you're just looking at Ttar and Toed usage. That's all I was really trying to say.

Oh wow.

| 64 | Donphan | 16148 | 2.6945 |
| 74 | Suicune | 13942 | 2.3264 |

I didn't think anyone liked Donphan, but I was sure more people liked (and used) Suicune.

breh

強いだね
| 16 | Gengar | 57689 | 9.6263 |
| 20 | Starmie | 49991 | 8.3417 |
| 21 | Gyarados | 46153 | 7.7013 |
| 22 | Hydreigon | 42618 | 7.1114 |
| 23 | Forretress | 41393 | 6.9070 | (It's good but not THAT good)
| 25 | Infernape | 39458 | 6.5841 |
| 26 | Ninetales | 37550 | 6.2658 | (trololol drought will not get banned)
| 27 | Vaporeon | 35047 | 5.8481 |
| 28 | Salamence | 34864 | 5.8176 |
| 30 | Chandelure | 31648 | 5.2809 |
| 33 | Metagross | 31188 | 5.2042 |
| 34 | Terrakion | 31080 | 5.1862 | (only god knows why this isn't higher)
| 35 | Swampert | 30888 | 5.1541 |
| 36 | Haxorus | 29906 | 4.9903 |
| 39 | Hippowdon | 28282 | 4.7193 |
| 41 | Deoxys-S | 27314 | 4.5577 | (should be higher)
| 42 | Machamp | 26504 | 4.4226 |
| 43 | Landorus | 26297 | 4.3880 | (should be higher)
| 44 | Whimsicott | 25583 | 4.2689 |
| 45 | Latias | 25340 | 4.2284 | (should be higher... it's Latios' clone for fuck's sake; it's still good)
| 50 | Virizion | 23124 | 3.8586 | (should be higher)

OU should be cut off at 53 (I.E. Tornadus gets in). Surprisingly, UU is actually pretty... UUish. Also all of the 600 pixies... ALL OF THEM are below that mark, lol. Gorebyss and Mew will be banned in the blink of an eye! Also, Aboma Blizzspam with Kyurem is cool too.

I can tell UU will be fun. Pokemon I listed need drops to be tested in UU. Chandelure in ou is lol.

#Sajak: Ferrothorn kicks its arse without HP Fire; that's why.

Also, DROUGHT EVIOLITE VULPIX GO!

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
First of all, thanks for the stats.
Lol @ Mew in UU.

And to think we thought it would be broken...

Also:
| 141 | Wobbuffet | 3879 | 0.6473 |

Wow...and to think we thought IT would be broken...
Agreed... and Deo-S is so low that it's even more surprising to me. Azelf is even out of OU at #66. No love for the Psychics...?

Also:

| 89 | Flygon | 9750 | 1.6269 |
| 102 | Kyurem | 7309 | 1.2196 |
...???

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What the FUCK are Hydreigon and Haxorus doing above our beautiful Latias? At least Mence stayed in OU. Still, I love how even with all the hype, Blissey is still getting more usage than Chansey.

Oh, and:
| 1 | Kyogre | 7730 | 34.7104 |
| 2 | Mewtwo | 6857 | 30.7903 |
| 3 | Groudon | 5923 | 26.5963 |
| 4 | Darkrai | 4713 | 21.1630 |
| 5 | Arceus | 4669 | 20.9654 |
I've been seeing way more Groudons and Arceuses to be honest. Have not seen many Darkrais at all, actually

| 38 | Gyarados | 698 | 3.1343 |
Jesus Christ, trickroom, you played THAT many battles?

What the FUCK are Hydreigon and Haxorus doing above our beautiful Latias? At least Mence stayed in OU. Still, I love how even with all the hype, Blissey is still getting more usage than Chansey.

Oh, and:

I've been seeing way more Groudons and Arceuses to be honest. Have not seen many Darkrais at all, actually

Jesus Christ, trickroom, you played THAT many battles?
I lol'd

Also, is Wobby in UU/NU now? It sure looks like it..

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kyogre is still #1 are you serious. I thought for sure Arceus or Mewtwo would have taken the top spot...

Blaziken being #12 makes me quite happy, though. :D

Thank you very, very much for the stats, Dusk. The entire community has eagerly awaited them for a long time.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All of you shut the fuck up about Swampert.

We all know he's not very good in this meta but dammit I want my favorite pokemon OU!

I use both Toxicroak and Tornadus on my team. I feel awesome.

DON'T WORRY MY BABIES I WON'T LET YOU DOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)