Tournament Smogon VGC Draft I - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

:flutter-mane: Goated art by vmnunes :palafin:

Welcome to the VGC subforum's inaugural Draft tour! Hosted by Chromate, Nyx and Robbie35646, the tournament will take place using the [Gen 9] VGC 2023 Regulation C format present on the main Pokémon Showdown! server.

Below are the rules for the tournament. Please be mindful of the Activity Wins Rules section, as Battle Pools will not be granted extensions.
  • You have up to 110 points with which to draft 10 Pokémon. Costs are listed on your pool’s tab on the drafting spreadsheet.​
  • If a Pokémon is picked by someone else, you may not pick it.​
  • For the first round, there is a 12 hour timer. After the first round ends, there will be a continuous 6 hour timer within which you must pick, or you will be skipped, and will be required to make-up your pick when you are next online. All timers are off between 10pm-7am local time (check your pools pinned message for local time).​
  • Your timer will halve every time you are skipped. It is recommended to leave picks (with backups) with your pool moderator to avoid this.​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    :Basculin-Blue-Striped: - Basculin :Basculin:
    :Oricorio: - Oricorio :Oricorio-Sensu:
    :Toxtricity: - Toxtricity :Toxtricity-Low-Key:
    :squawkabilly: - Squawkabilly :squawkabilly-blue:
    :tatsugiri: - Tatsugiri :tatsugiri-droopy:
  • If a Pokémon that is available in SV is untiered, please ask a host.​
  • Species Clause applies to your draft.​
  • All games must be played in the [Gen 9] VGC 2023 Regulation C tier on psim.us.​
  • All three matches must be opened before the first game starts, with the same teams.​
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.​
  • Each set is a best-of-three set.​
  • Rulings regarding team legality can be found here, under 1.2.1 -> 1.4.1.​
  • Team sheets will be closed with the exceptions of all Pokémons' Tera Types.​
  • Replays must be posted to the pool/round thread, please mention the result, your opponent's name and your pool number.​
  • Rankings within pools may not be 100% accurate as the spreadsheet does not track head-to-head results. Players are ranked based upon: most wins, head-to-head, battle differential.​
About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips
: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request. LOGS OF YOUR SCHEDULING MUST BE POSTED OR CLAIMS WILL BE REJECTED.

[Credit to the Official Smogon Tournament hosting team for the rule.]
Format:
You must play all games using the following challenge code (which you can use by pasting it into the DMs of your opponent on PS!):
/challenge gen9vgc2023regulationc @@@ Tera Type Preview

All three matches must be opened before the first game starts, with the same teams.

If a game is challenged without the code, you must rechallenge using the code, or you will forfeit that game. There will be no gentlemen's agreements.
Matchups
Olivia-Sama  vs  Your_Shinigami
winteredsoul  vs  glowbrogang
Snackard  vs  DanMNC
Aryan3003  vs  RauVGC
Nyx  vs  Garterra
aces3232  vs  Bleedal
Orangex  vs  Ac130gaming
breakfast enjoyer  vs  Shmoeshmoeshmoe
Fishy  vs  Ado!
Krow-Lucha  vs  TTK
Mx3  vs  Wow02
SizzleySnom  vs  Toxinalpaca
Bananacrazy111  vs  Robbie35646
Darthnius_  vs  SpeedyBlu
V17  vs  trace
Ciqarettan  vs  e1i
Ridgamolopolis  vs  Chromate
YX3003  vs  BunColo
DiamondScyther  vs  Feyy
tzarii  vs  Zeal
Mogo  vs  JerseyJared
AletheiaVGC  vs  OCFrey
Psycho782  vs  Sole Survivor
yuki  vs  Daviron
KeanuGrindingArc  vs  Yueku
HgsBoson  vs  Clas
sheik0  vs  a12qsd too
GenericNameVGC  vs  Pampey
Lemurro  vs  M1so
sempra  vs  Chris32156
Jesuuuus  vs  QuaxLink
Jay is decent  vs  bryght

The drafts for each matchup in this round can be found at this link:
https://spo.ink/vgc_draft_i_bracket_matchups

All games must be complete by 11:59PM GMT-0 on Sunday, May 28, 2023. Incomplete games will be resolved by the hosts following the Activity Win Rules above.

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY.

This thread and all other VGC Draft I threads should be considered the final ruling in case of discrepancy between threads, Discord announcements, and Google spreadsheets. Contact a host if you have any questions or spot an error.
Olivia-Sama  vs  Your_Shinigami
winteredsoul  vs  glowbrogang
Snackard  vs  DanMNC
Aryan3003  vs  RauVGC
Nyx  vs  Garterra
aces3232  vs  Bleedal
Orangex  vs  Ac130gaming
breakfast enjoyer  vs  Shmoeshmoeshmoe
Fishy  vs  Ado!
Krow-Lucha  vs  TTK
Mx3  vs  Wow02
SizzleySnom  vs  Toxinalpaca
Bananacrazy111  vs  Robbie35646
Darthnius_  vs  SpeedyBlu
V17  vs  trace
Ciqarettan  vs  e1i
Ridgamolopolis  vs  Chromate
YX3003  vs  BunColo
DiamondScyther  vs  Feyy
tzarii  vs  Zeal
Mogo  vs  JerseyJared
AletheiaVGC  vs  OCFrey
Psycho782  vs  Sole Survivor
yuki  vs  Daviron
KeanuGrindingArc  vs  Yueku
HgsBoson  vs  Clas
sheik0  vs  a12qsd too
GenericNameVGC  vs  Pampey
Lemurro  vs  M1so
sempra  vs  Chris32156
Jesuuuus  vs  QuaxLink
Jay is decent  vs  bryght

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Claiming act, contacted earlier in the week, it's now Friday. Oppo hasn't logged into Smogon for almost 2 weeks, proof on oppo's wall.

i think i'm going to claim activity against Snackard, as:
-He isnt in the discord server, making it impossible to write him without him accepting the friend request
-i sent him the friend request on discord 2 days ago
-i tried also reaching out on his smogon page yesterday, and i'm kinda busy tomorrow
1685219045408.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)