Announcement Smogon VGC Monthly Tournaments

This year, we'll be running monthly tournaments based in the VGC discord, which you can join by following the "Join our Discord!" thread.

Schedule:
Saturday, January 11
Winner: Gnast
Saturday, February 22
Saturday, March 28
Saturday, April 18
Saturday, May 16
Saturday, June 13
TBD

The tournament uses the official VGC 2020 ruleset.

Tournament Rules:
-Best of Three
-Replays must be sent to TO
-Pairings will be generated randomly through Challonge
-Tournament runs bracket-style Swiss through Challonge
-The player with the best record will win a $10 Nintendo eShop gift card
-Players must be ready for the tournament at 3:00 PM Central Time

Signup Rules:

-Once that's done, message me a confirmation of participation, smogon account either over the forums or on discord (NocturneOfShadow#6573), with a Cryptobin paste including Team Name, your In-Game Name and Friend Code, and the team paste. You can find it at https://cryptobin.co/ .
-Teams can be edited and re-sent to me up to the day before the tournament, Central time.
-If I haven't responded to your Pokepaste the day before the tournament, it means I missed it somehow. Resend it to me. Please don't constantly be sending me teams if I don't get back to you at a reasonable pace.

Battle Rules:
Players will have a responsibility to complete their matches in a timely manner. Once pairings are posted, players will search for a battle using an assigned Link Code. The chosen ruleset must match VGC rules. Make sure the rulesets have been downloaded in your game before the tournament starts. Before each match during team preview, confirm your opponent's In-Game Name.

Questions:
This is starting out pretty abruptly, and we'll be working out details as we go along. The goal is to find a tournament structure that works for as many people as possible, while still being a competitive environment and a tool for entering the VGC format. With that said, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I'm just super hyped that we're starting something like this, and I'd love to see you participating.

Changelog:
-Team paste must be sent through a cryptobin paste (changed from pokepaste)
-Incorporated Challonge into signups
-Scheduled more tournaments
-Games will be played on cartridge

Last edited:
To clarify potentially ambiguous circumstances regarding the release of Pokemon Home, Pokemon available only through Home will not be legal for February's tournament.

Sorry for any inconveniences this causes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)