Smogon VGC Tournament III - Finals [Won by Biosci]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
can you PLEASE post the time next time so those of us who are interested in VGC can watch? im mad that i missed this!

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Well this match kind of just happened on the fly, but OD and I plan on streaming our matches. A time isn't really hammered out though, so we'll try to keep people posted on that.

Here's game 2 if it makes you feel any better

OD and I are playing Sunday at 7 pm EST with a quality stream going+commentary from people. Should be fun!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's game 2 if it makes you feel any better
Porengan: why didn't I get the intimidate?
Plusle: because showdown is shit
Porengan: no, rly, I should get the inti boost
Nope. That's how it works in game as well. Intimidate happens immediately once a Pokemon hits the field and switch-in order is based on speed of fainted Pokemon.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nope. That's how it works in game as well. Intimidate happens immediately once a Pokemon hits the field and switch-in order is based on speed of fainted Pokemon.
Actually, TV-Rocka is correct. In this case of a double faint, abilities will not activate until both Pokémon are on the field. So he should have gotten that Defiant boost from Intimidate (which would've allowed him to OHKO Landorus-T with Sucker Punch but Togekiss had Follow Me to stop Sucker Punch anyway).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Biosci and I will be playing at 7 PM EST tonight (9 hours from this post). It'll be streamed on the Nugget Bridge stream with commentary.

And you want to watch more VGC matches, the Nugget Bridge Major finals between Unreality and MrFox will be streamed at 8 PM EST, same place.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Won against OmegaDonut 2-0, game 1 I was in an ok place but crit secured it and game 2 Lando-T was just angry. Wish it didn't have to end like that, but ggs

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
i lost to the winner again XD
coincidence??? i think not!!!

anyway, Congratulations Biosci :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)