Smogon's 3rd annual Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the 3rd Official Smogon Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament!

It's been 2 years since we had a Brawl tournament. Now, it's that time of the season to get back into the swing N things. We've had a pretty solid success with a lot of active players, and we also kept the rounds smooth sailing. Anyways, read over the rules carefully and make sure you want to do this!

GamePlay Rules

• Excessive stalling (MK cape stall, sonic under stage stall etc) is grounds for a forfeit of the game. However, you can plank as long as you want.

• Ice Climbers infinite is NOT BANNED

• Bowser/kirby/ddd/wario/ganon suicide kills ALWAYS RESULTS IN A VICTORY FOR THE PERSON WHO INITIATED THE SUICIDE

• To see a list of Playable and Banned stages, reference the list below.
Playable Stages

• If the timer runs out, then the player with the higher stock wins. However, if both players have the same stock, then whoever has the less percentage wins.

General Rules
1v1 Settings
Rules = Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8 Minutes
Items = Off & None

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
The Pirate Ship

• For Game 1 of each Match, each Player must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. You and opponent can figure out who can strike first and each player takes a turn on striking a stage. For example, I strike Final Destination, Sonius strikes Battlefield, I strike Smashville, he strikes Delfino Plaza, I strike Lylat Cruise, he strikes Yoshi's Island, which leaves us to play at Pokemon Stadium 1.

• As for games 2 and 3, each player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2 and 3.

• The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stages can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.

Tournament Rules

• Double Elimination

• If both players haven't played their match by the deadline, then it's determined by who's the more active player. However, if both players are inactive, then it's determined by the judge.

• Each round will have a deadline to run the tournaments more smoothly

• If there are a lot of incomplete matches (under 75% of the matches), I will give a 2-Day deadline, but that's it.

• When you report who won or lose, please post it on the thread or PM me the results.

• If for whatever player the loser decides to dispute the match, then I need to see some evidence of who won. Such as a picture taken or a recorded video of some sort. Otherwise, we will have to do a vote off based on who's more of an honest person.

• I will use the Tio program to pair up the players and post the images on the front page.

1. Chompy (2664 7209 8234)
2. Mildcat (0602 6328 4236)

To sign up, all you have to do is post that your joining this tournament and post your friend code. You don't have to post what character your using, but I do suggest putting in your contacts of how you want your opponents to contact you.

Prizes

There maybe a prize, so it's to be determined at the moment right now.

Good luck, and have fun! =D

Cathy

Banned deucer.
We've already had five Brawl WiFi tournaments, so this wouldn't be the third one; it would be the sixth one.

Secondly, you can't host a tournament labelled as "official" without talking to some member of the Smogon staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)