Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament II - Playoffs Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fact that like 80% of all cheaters are Italian.
can you plz show me the data of what you're saying?
this bullshit is funny once maybe two times but the third become boring and hiding behind a finger when you lose against an italian telling him " classic spooky" to hide your weaknesses in that game is just embarrassing and boring(I am talking in general).
I come here for the fun not to read sentences and facts bullshit well on a forum of pokemon.
in my house we say -seghe(bullshit) + battle, you should do it as well you .
peace
PS: sorry for my bad English

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Time to dig out of my hole and talk about a few things regarding the Asuya - xray serie.

For starter, I have contacted Jason Genova by PM and on PS to receive the screenshot he claimed to have, and despite the fact that he has seen my request, I have not received a response.

Regarding the fact that Asuya and xray replayed, there are some things to be said. I wasn't a fan by myself of what happened. Like some have said here already, the fact that Asuya got to play the ending of his battle after a timeout and despite the fact that he didn't send his teams sets a bad precedent. Even worse, it goes against some decision that has been taken in the past, such as this one during SPL5.

Talking about the 4 scenarios listed in this link, you'll notice that I couldn't follow the first and the second, so I had to pick between the third (timeout loss) and the fourth (recreation). Why did I pick the last one then, or rather pushed for it?

Unlike the SPL game, I found the scenario possible to recreate (and it was the case since it got replayed in the same conditions). An another factor is that xray told me he was ok to replay the game at first and most importantly was sure he would win the game, as it can be seen from our PMs on the server (http://pastebin.com/1bcTsvfd). Since he was originally so convinced he would win, I didn't think there would be much harm in letting them replay. Also, after looking at Asuya's import, I was a bit surprised at the Fire Punch Medicham (and even told him) but there was no way to prove he didn't have it from the start, and HJK would win the game anyway if it came down to it, outside of the miss chance that is.

Just right before the battle was gonna get replayed, xray said he realized he didn't actually have it 100% in the bag (line 138 and 139 in the pb). Turned out to be a win for Asuya after xray's Keldeo missed its HPump. That's when drama ensued.

What's gonna happen now? After discussing with the other TDs, and added to the fact that I wasn't really satisfied with what happened yesterday, the decision to rematch is overturned. As a matter of precedent, it is dangerous to allow Asuya to rematch after timing out and not sending his team, especially since xray didn't clear cut say he would grant him a rematch. I know it looks bad to change a decision after it's been taken, but I prefer to do it in this occasion since it means taking the better one; it follows our precedent ruling, the Timer Clause and doesn't set a bad precedent for the future. The final verdict becomes: xray gets the win over Asuya for timing out, based on the SPL precedent. This decision has been approved by Vinc2612, M Dragon, Jirachee, Ciele and myself.

While I mentionned extenuating circumstances earlier, I fully take the blame for not ruling a timer lose from the get-go. I'm geniunely sorry for the inconvenience caused to everyone involved in this situation, especially xray and Asuya. I will do my best to make sure something similar won't happen again and I'm sorry it had to affect both of you here.

I will work with the other TDs on writing down clear cut rules regarding timeouts, disconnections and teams submission in the future to avoid as much problems as possible in the future. In the meantime, I enjoin everyone left in this tournament to send their teams to an active TD to avoid this kind of issue.

Finally, I'd like to repeat that all the TDs do all their work for free, so we'd appreciate not dealing with people acting in a bad manner. Yes you may annoyed to be in an unpleasant situation because smogtours went down, because your opponent timed out, and sometimes because a TD (myself in this case) didn't take the optimal solution. We are equally annoyed when it happens, and you should at least show some respect to make the situation easier to deal with.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Time to dig out of my hole and talk about a few things regarding the Asuya - xray serie.

For starter, I have contacted Jason Genova by PM and on PS to receive the screenshot he claimed to have, and despite the fact that he has seen my request, I have not received a response.

Regarding the fact that Asuya and xray replayed, there are some things to be said. I wasn't a fan by myself of what happened. Like some have said here already, the fact that Asuya got to play the ending of his battle after a timeout and despite the fact that he didn't send his teams sets a bad precedent. Even worse, it goes against some decision that has been taken in the past, such as this one during SPL5.

Talking about the 4 scenarios listed in this link, you'll notice that I couldn't follow the first and the second, so I had to pick between the third (timeout loss) and the fourth (recreation). Why did I pick the last one then, or rather pushed for it?

Unlike the SPL game, I found the scenario possible to recreate (and it was the case since it got replayed in the same conditions). An another factor is that xray told me he was ok to replay the game at first and most importantly was sure he would win the game, as it can be seen from our PMs on the server (http://pastebin.com/1bcTsvfd). Since he was originally so convinced he would win, I didn't think there would be much harm in letting them replay. Also, after looking at Asuya's import, I was a bit surprised at the Fire Punch Medicham (and even told him) but there was no way to prove he didn't have it from the start, and HJK would win the game anyway if it came down to it, outside of the miss chance that is.

Just right before the battle was gonna get replayed, xray said he realized he didn't actually have it 100% in the bag (line 138 and 139 in the pb). Turned out to be a win for Asuya after xray's Keldeo missed its HPump. That's when drama ensued.

What's gonna happen now? After discussing with the other TDs, and added to the fact that I wasn't really satisfied with what happened yesterday, the decision to rematch is overturned. As a matter of precedent, it is dangerous to allow Asuya to rematch after timing out and not sending his team, especially since xray didn't clear cut say he would grant him a rematch. I know it looks bad to change a decision after it's been taken, but I prefer to do it in this occasion since it means taking the better one; it follows our precedent ruling, the Timer Clause and doesn't set a bad precedent for the future. The final verdict becomes: xray gets the win over Asuya for timing out, based on the SPL precedent. This decision has been approved by Vinc2612, M Dragon, Jirachee, Ciele and myself.

While I mentionned extenuating circumstances earlier, I fully take the blame for not ruling a timer lose from the get-go. I'm geniunely sorry for the inconvenience caused to everyone involved in this situation, especially xray and Asuya. I will do my best to make sure something similar won't happen again and I'm sorry it had to affect both of you here.

I will work with the other TDs on writing down clear cut rules regarding timeouts, disconnections and teams submission in the future to avoid as much problems as possible in the future. In the meantime, I enjoin everyone left in this tournament to send their teams to an active TD to avoid this kind of issue.

Finally, I'd like to repeat that all the TDs do all their work for free, so we'd appreciate not dealing with people acting in a bad manner. Yes you may annoyed to be in an unpleasant situation because smogtours went down, because your opponent timed out, and sometimes because a TD (myself in this case) didn't take the optimal solution. We are equally annoyed when it happens, and you should at least show some respect to make the situation easier to deal with.
you go girl

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
For as much as people seem to hate auto-losing on disconnects despite having a safety net available to prevent just that, y'all don't seem to quite get it yet.

Also for christ's sake stop being racist, i will not hesitate to ban you for bringing that shit in here just ask masterclass

Cut the bullshit i created goth stall, only difference was there was no megas so i had to improvise without sableye. But its clear that i came up with the core way back in BW

Tyranitar, Quagsire, Gothitelle

Shoutout to the person that can find the replay.

It was me vs bro fist in world cup VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)