Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament IV - Round 3 (Losers bracket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium, outdated but better than nothing!)

Remember, THIS IS A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT! All matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Finally, before going into the pairings, we'd like to profit of the occasion to thank the PS Staff, from the owners to the moderators, for making the ladder phase of the tournament possible and smoother in its running. We appreciated your help and support, even if PS was quite wonky at time. Now, without further ado...

Round 3 (Losers bracket)

Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
SoulWind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander.
Floppy VS. blunder
Kickasser VS. imsosorrylol
Bushtush VS. ABR

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate some (hopefully) quality battles between you all.

Deadline
Sunday, September 24th @ 11:59 EST

Deadlines are only a week, so try not to john too much.

Spreadsheet where you can enter when you'll be playing, to let others know

edit: As the Arena Trap ended before this round went up, the result of the test applies.

Last edited:
Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
Soulwind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
imsosorrylol vs stfu its a cartoon
After showing no signs of activity before Friday, there were barely any attempts to actually get this set done beside a post on deadline day by imsosorrylol of "I can play today". There's not enough activity here to motivate an activity win, and neither player followed the normal scheduling guidelines.
I'm willing to say that I looked at this when I was a bit too tired and missed a part of their contact, which does make an an acitity win for imsosorrylol much more motivated. That's my fault, and instead of coinflipping sorry advance on activity.

My bad.

Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
SoulWind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander.
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR

Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
Soulwind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion
Cdumas VS. Vertex i hear theres not much rain in frenchland
Updated Kanto VS. Liones Kanto a real man out here using xtras leftovers when he knows life orb is better
SoulWind VS. Ojama highlight game imo
meepsvictory VS. Hiye hiye better not catch aids this matchup cause he going deep into losers
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander. how you gonna doubt the skywalker himself
Floppy VS. blunder the thunderblunder best prepare for the stall better vs the apprentice then he did vs the ciele
Kickasser VS. imsosorrylol dont john this time
Bushtush VS. ABR Abr is cool and all but this is the bushtush we talking about

Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
Soulwind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander
Floppy VS. blunder - uh u lost mate wtf
Kickasser VS. imsosorrylol - interesting one
Bushtush VS. ABR

• Haha
Reactions: hs

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto
VS. Liones
SoulWind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest
VS. Alexander.
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR

Cdumas VS. Vertex --> don't know too much about this one

Updated Kanto VS. Liones --> i've only seen a couple of this guys teams, but he just has to pull out his olt team to get a fairly free win. replacing the koko with a zapdos, and making the clef unaware is a good place to start.

SoulWind VS. Ojama --> don't know either of these guys (Edit: after further research, i have come to the conclusion that soulwind is the better player here, by a longshot).

meepsvictory VS. Hiye --> meeps had been pulling out some questionable squads last round, but he figured out what he needed to do in g3. If he continues playing with a strategy like that, i'm sure he can make a quality run this tour.

Zuchtrest VS. Alexander. --> I like the unconventional teambuilding and solid playing that I've seen from zuchtrest so far; all he needs to do is start working it to the other side of the spectrum and I can see him developing into a respectable, yet fearsome player.

Floppy VS. blunder --> blunder is another case like user: liones, where he just needs to touch up his olt team, and he will have the advantage this round.

Kickasser VS. stfu it's a cartoon --> c4rtoon never should have been in the losers bracket, but got absolutely haxed to oblivion. thankfully, he has a 3rd eye for pokemon and is incapable of losing any other way, so expect him to snatch that pixelated black trophy up like candy out of a baby's mouth.

Bushtush VS. ABR --> abr has his good moments and his bad, I think if he focuses more on adding on a bit of bulk to his teams that he ran with in olt, he'll have a nice edge in this one.

Last edited:

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
SoulWind VS. Ojama
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR

Mazar

Banned deucer.
Cdumas VS. Vertex
Updated Kanto VS. Liones
SoulWind VS. Ojama - hype
meepsvictory VS. Hiye
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander. - highlight match, this bo3 will end in less than 5 minutes
Floppy VS. blunder
Bushtush VS. ABR - the revenge unfort

Aliss

is a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Cdumas vs Vertex
Updated Kanto
vs Liones
SoulWind vs Ojama
meepsvictory vs Hiye
Zuchtrest vs Alexander
Floppy vs Blunder
Kickasser
vs imsosorrylol
BushTush vs ABR

Have fun all ^_^

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Cdumas vs Vertex
Updated Kanto vs Liones
SoulWind vs Ojama
meepsvictory vs Hiye
Zuchtrest vs Alexander
Floppy vs Blunder
Kickasser
vs imsosorrylol
BushTush vs ABR

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Cdumas VS. Vertex - I'm pretty sure we all know how good is Cdudu, he's shown what he's capable of more than enough and so I'd see him as the favorite here, Vertex has had an okay-ish showing so far, hoping he steps it up for this series to be entretaining!
Updated Kanto VS. Liones - One of my favorite kekkers, Kanto is a decent player, sometimes shaky but he does for sure know what he's doing while Liones has been kind of underperforming, I believe he has more potential still, hope they give a good spectacle though
SoulWind VS. Ojama - The highlight of the round for sure, I feel it's quite funny they went from battling in Smogon Tour finals to OLT r3 LB, I'd have liked it to be bw though. Both players are quite good so it's kind of difficult for me to predict for either
meepsvictory VS. Hiye - Hiye's quite the underdog, I've always considered him an interesting character in the tour scene, always qualifying for OLT and also improving each year, I'll predict him to win as playing-wise I believe he's slightly better than meeps.
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander. - Zuchtrest kind of went downhill after his dominant showing in r1, losing to Empo in less than 10 minutes last round. While Alex has always been solid, and is probably better than his opponent.
Floppy VS. blunder - My mans blundy.... this is a match I will for sure enjoy watching, gorgie always brings the craziest teams and blunder is a very good player I always enjoy watching, hoping we're given a good series
Kickasser VS. imsosorrylol - Sorry still has a long way to go, he hasn't done well still in any of his showings while kick is amazingly good
Bushtush VS. ABR - Just to follow the joke I'd predict Bush to beat ABR as he's his kryptonite but it's a fact that overall, ABR is considered the better player, so, jokes aside, I'm sure that if he keeps on showing his solidness he'll take this one

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Cdumas VS. Vertex - from watching both of these players lately theyve each played pretty well so far altho i expect cdudu to come out on top plus his luck has been very good as of late.
Updated Kanto VS. Liones - metro brother
SoulWind VS. Ojama - hard to really pick here, i want to lean more to ojama but something tells me soulwind has more left in him for this tournament. and to all the people that predict against sw because he played alot games to get here are retarded. I bet half of u played all four cycles and didnt make it so get a grip.
meepsvictory VS. Hiye - not sure how much either of these guys care but meeps is just the better player
Zuchtrest VS. Alexander. who ever makes up this german alt is likely to be killed off now thankfully
Floppy VS. blunder
Kickasser VS. imsosorrylol - Kick Le 100. :fire: Sorry has not played in his recent tour games so hard for me to pick him here when ive generally seen kick just play better overall
Bushtush VS. ABR - REMATCH!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)