Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament IX - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium)

This playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SS OU rules apply.

Round 4

2-1
sugarhigh vs SoulWind
ez vs myjava
ayk vs Star
Chaitanya vs Empo
Giannis Antetokommo-o vs Serpi
Punny vs PDC

1-2
MichaelderBeste2 vs baboboy
GXE vs Ash KetchumGamer
Skooma vs bbeeaa
Fusien vs Paycard
Tace vs dahli
ronaldo o fenomeno vs clean

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate.

Deadline
Sunday, September 25th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
2-1
sugarhigh vs SoulWind - two oldies, great to see this matchup happening, hard to predict against SoulWind though
ez vs myjava - i think myjavas gameplay has been sharp every round, ez is great too, cool matchup
ayk vs Star - heart says ayk, head says Star - i won't predict this one
Chaitanya vs Empo - no words needed for Empo
Giannis Antetokommo-o vs Serpi - two friends, Giannis seemed really dominant the last 2 rounds though whereas Serpi sometimes seemed a little off
Punny vs (PDC vs RaiZen1704) - Punny is very tough to beat rn and i predict him to beat whoever he faces. Really happy one of PDC and RaiZen will make it for sure though as they both showed they should not be taken lightly in this tier

1-2
MichaelderBeste2 vs baboboy - Michael will have the advantage in the builder I'd assume
GXE vs Ash KetchumGamer - kinda surprised to see these two in the 1-2 bracket, i think both are good
Skooma vs bbeeaa - these two trashtalked each other on ladder on a daily basis, there'll be lots of salt involved and i'd love to see both their reactions if they lose, but i think bea will stay alive for another week
Fusien vs Paycard - gut feeling
Tace vs dahli - both cool and especially dahli is very original, i think Tace is more consistent playingwise though. sucks one of them has to go out
ronaldo o fenomeno vs clean - cool players, edrala showed big upside in his games vs Empo, if he can play and build like that again then it'll be hard to stop him

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
lost a pretty cursed set, gg to all my opponents. the nerves during this last set were probably apparent to anyone watching on stours - not used to playing in such high stakes games and a few key misplays in all 3 games were enough to do me in. going into this i was content enough with just qualifying so it was a cool experience winning a few games against some solid players, live and learn

thank you to Vertex, devin, Storm Zone, haxrme, Mimikyu Stardust, ojr, infinitemugen99, lolebruh, Xrn, GXE, Baloor and anyone else who helped me prep despite me being extremely indecisive when it comes to choosing teams

see you all next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)