Finals Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Finals [No Winner] - Read Post #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh Ojama is doing really really well rn. He's able to build good teams and he has great battling skills. Go Ojama!
(also gl to zuchtrest, big fan)

Congrats Zuchtrest. I think it's a bit unkind of people to throw out accusations without much backing but it's inevitable and I'm assuming having just won you don't care that much in the first place. Regardless, I wanted to commend you on the unique building and solid play throughout the tournament. You played well and earned a win.

Tough losses Ojama. You didn't get the result you wanted but your SM play over the past few months has impressed me so I hope you keep up with that.

Zuchtrest

Banned deucer.
Won in 2 thankfully haxfree games against Ojama, was really fun playing you this year in OLT again

Huge thanks and shoutouts to everyone who helped me with preparing and teambuilding especially:
patlop2307 - Wasserknofensa
AdvanceShip - Talonflame is still good, your teams are amazing and youre a really underrated player
- my brother Mazar who always motivated me and helped me even with personal stuff. Also the amount of effort he put in preperation for Semis, youre truly a friend and the most handsome player
Leru - Bauer
Freestylerking your teams never dissapointed me, you're one of the best builders I've ever seen and I hope youre coming back someday
Stay Modal - PROPER TWELVE, love you rainer mit ai
qwily - roli glitzer glitzer
aybekay - gg mein mann
menci - thx for testing a ton of games, really appreciated your help
Liones - Heatran is no mon

Last edited:

Ojama

Banned deucer.
i lost in 2 against zuchtrest, ggs and congratulations on a well earned win. obviously at the moment im typing this message, the disappointment prevails over the satisfaction of what ive accomplished over the past few months in sm, but today the better player won and there is little i could have done better in this series given the matchups and how well zuch played. maybe i coulda played a bit safer game 1 but zuch made 0 mistake throughout the series and i never took control of the games, so there is no regret here. i told you beforehand that i was really glad to play you in finals and that i have been a fan since last year and i meant it. whoever you are, you're an outstanding sm player and you beat me fair, both on the prep and play-wise, and nobody can take it away from you.

it hurts to lose two finals, especially without taking at least 1 game in both, but i consider myself privileged and lucky to have won not one but two when some players are still trying to get their first win and god knows how much they deserve to get it, so im not really allowed to complain here. but i'd be lying if i said i dont care about losing so close to the trophy because i dedicated most of my time building my own teams and improving my game in sm, and i kinda wanted to end it on a good note by winning olt. sadly it went the other way but im extremely satisfied with myself because i was entirely on my own from the very first game on ladder to the last vs zuchtrest. like i said, i dont think i was the best player of this tour and given i had lost twice, it felt weird to be in finals but im glad i made it there though because it was one hell of an experience, although it was little bit exhausting at the end, and i really dont regret joining this tournament. idk if ill give it another try next year because this consumes a lot of your time and combined with tours like classic-st-wcop-snake, one can quickly burnout and building/playing becomes a burden instead of being a pleasure.

thanks to everyone who supported me, maybe next year for the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)