Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium, outdated but better than nothing!)

As previously stated, this playoff bracket will start as a swiss tournament. As such, you continue playing in this stage until you have won or lost three matches in the playoffs stage.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Round 4

2-1
SoulWind vs RedEmption
Paycard vs Malekith
Ojama vs Bro Kappa
Ash KetchumGamer vs Insult
Zuchtrest vs CaronSmith
Twixtry vs Simia

1-2
Kory2600 vs zugubu royale
Empo vs Mob Barley
Hiye vs TaceBreeze
blarghlfarghl vs Sjneider
Ktütverde vs The Hallows
Lopunny Kicks vs HSA

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate some (hopefully) quality battles between you all.

Deadline
Bro Kappa vs zugubu royale deadline: Tuesday, September 11th @ 11:59 PM EDT
Sunday, September 16th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Spreadsheet where you can enter when you'll be playing, to let others know

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the increase of global temperature due to the greenhouse effect has been accelerated. There are some great and HOT games there, i.e. SW vs RedEmption.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
2-1 Predictions:

SoulWind vs RedEmption - Redemption has been doing really well this tour and has support from a lot of really strong builders, so I think he'll be able to pull off an upset here and advance to the bracket rounds.

Paycard vs Malekith - Paycard has been very impressive since the first round and while Malekith certainly hasn't played bad or anything, I just think Paycard is going to bring more solid teams and take down Malekith.

Ojama vs (zugubu royale vs Bro Kappa) - Ojama's honestly going to destroy whoever wins this matchup, but I do think that Bro Kappa will win over zugubu royale.

Ash KetchumGamer vs Insult - Ash has showed very predictable team patterns throughout this tour and insult's the better player on top of that, so I think that this is going to be a pretty quick series in which insult takes down Ash.

Zuchtrest vs CaronSmith - This was a tough series to pick, but Zuchtrest is using patlop teams, so I don't trust his team choices enough to pick him against a player of Caron's caliber.

Twixtry vs Simia - Twixtry has been very impressive in the last couple rounds of this tournament and has a lot of really solid SM teams, so I believe that he'll be able to pull out a win against Simia here.

1-2 Predictions:

Kory2600 vs (zugubu royale vs Bro Kappa) - Like the other matchup against these two, I think that Kory is going to soundly beat whoever wins out of these guys, considering the fact that he's one of the best players in the tour period, let alone the 1-2 bracket.

Empo vs Mob Barley - Mob is an unpredictable player with a super high play ceiling, but I'm just not confident in his team choices at the moment and Empo tends to be great when he doesn't get haxed so I think he'll be able to win this pretty comfortably.

Hiye vs TaceBreeze - Tace you my nigga but Hiye is still a strong player that can pull out wins with a slew of different types of teams while Tace is still new to the tour scene and prone to getting nerves against the more experienced player and 2 time trophy winner.

blarghlfarghl vs Sjneider - This matchup is gonna be super close and I know blargh's gonna chop me for picking against him, but Sjneider just basically qualified for slam playoffs, so he has a lot more varied of an experience playing this game and is thus going to be more adaptable to the unique situations that are likely going to pop up in this series.

Ktütverde vs The Hallows - This series will be a complete smackdown for The Hallows, considering that he's coming off a strong wcop and a huge win to open up his run. HE is just way better than Ktut in both the prepping and building phases of this game..

Lopunny Kicks vs Juuls - Punny has proven that he's a very strong player as of late and is a lot more active and motivated than Juuls at this point, so I think he's going to take this series pretty handily.

Too lazy to write out the reasoning behind these picks this time :blobthinking:

LGI den and i will steal your niece if you lose Insult
2-1
SoulWind
vs RedEmption
Paycard vs Malekith
Ojama
vs Bro Kappa
Zuchtrest
vs CaronSmith
Twixtry vs Simia

1-2
Kory2600
vs zugubu royale
Empo vs Mob Barley
Hiye vs TaceBreeze
Ktütverde vs The Hallows
Lopunny Kicks
vs Juuls

Last edited:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
2-1
SoulWind
vs RedEmption
Paycard vs Malekith
Ojama
vs Bro Kappa
Zuchtrest vs CaronSmith
Twixtry vs Simia

1-2
Kory2600
vs zugubu royale
Empo vs Mob Barley
Hiye vs TaceBreeze
Ktütverde vs The Hallows
Lopunny Kicks
vs Juuls

Juuls

Banned deucer.
Hey guys,
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who supported me throughout this series. It’s been a blast playing my first tour games :)

Secondy, I apologize for not being able to play. I have been really busy with uni & I cannot dedicate enough time for prepping,building etc..

I will try to play the next OST & have a good showing.

Until then, I will see you in the next chapter :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)