Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament V - Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

(Art by ium, outdated but better than nothing!)

Swiss is done, there's no more second chances now. Lose now and you're out. Good luck all of you who made it this far.

Remember, all matches are to be played in a BEST OF THREE format, and all standard SM OU rules apply.

Round of 16

SoulWind vs Bro Kappa
ABR vs Eternal Spirit
Sacri' vs Insult
RedEmption vs Ojama
Twixtry vs Simia
Kickasser vs CaronSmith
The Hallows vs Sjneider
Zuchtrest vs Malekith

Please, let us know in the thread when you will be playing once your games are scheduled, we would all very much like to spectate some (hopefully) quality battles between you all.

Deadline
Sunday, September 30th @ 11:59 PM EDT

Spreadsheet where you can enter when you'll be playing, to let others know

The path each player took to get this far can be found http://spo.ink/olt5standings

Last edited by a moderator:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
SoulWind vs Bro Kappa
ABR vs Eternal Spirit
Sacri' vs Insult
RedEmption vs Ojama
Twixtry vs Simia
Kickasser vs CaronSmith
The Hallows vs Sjneider
Zuchtrest vs Malekith

SoulWind vs Bro Kappa - kappa is good, but soulwind is great
ABR vs Eternal Spirit - hot series, abr has the edge but im rooting for papi
Sacri' vs Insult - should be close but sacri has more experience
RedEmption vs Ojama - redemptions stuff is nice but ojama has just so much tour experience
Twixtry vs Simia - i think this is pretty even
Kickasser vs CaronSmith - this is dead even to me as well, and both very good. hot series
The Hallows vs Sjneider - this hallows guy is so impressive, very promising player
Zuchtrest vs Malekith - same case as the ojama one

Round 6
======

SoulWind vs Bro Kappa -- too strong of a record to bet against SW, tho I can see BK bringing a non-standard stall to catch SW off-guard.

ABR vs Eternal Spirit -- don't think I've seen ABR use anything other than his usual bread-and-butter, and I'm counting on ES to be the one to actually capitalize on that and punish ABR in this series, either that or cause ABR to question his self-worth as an "aborto."

Sacri' vs Insult -- I love Sacri', but Insult's got Imsosorrylol's full teambuilding and coaching support, and Idt Sacri's ready for that level and style of unconventional heat.

RedEmption vs Ojama -- Redemption <3, he's new in the scene but I feel he can def take on Ojama head-to-head.
Twixtry vs Simia can't feel out who would decidedly win here; I feel like it'll end in a really close series.
Kickasser vs CaronSmith -- CS doesn't fuck around at all and I def don't see him losing this series at all.
The Hallows vs Sjneider -- Hallows has more OU experience and just is overall a stronger force in this MU. Sjneider might take more dangerous and surprising risks considering this tho.
Zuchtrest vs Malekith -- Exact same deal as SW vs BK

Last edited:

Sharow

水上
is a Tiering Contributor
SoulWind vs Bro Kappa
ABR vs Eternal Spirit
Sacri
' vs Insult
RedEmption vs Ojama
Twixtry vs Simia
Kickasser vs CaronSmith
The Hallows vs Sjneider
Zuchtrest vs Malekith

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
SoulWind vs Bro Kappa
ABR vs Eternal Spirit
Sacri' vs Insult
RedEmption vs Ojama
Twixtry vs Simia
Kickasser
vs CaronSmith
The Hallows vs Sjneider
Zuchtrest vs Malekith

SoulWind vs Bro Kappa
Rooting for my teammate Bro Kappa here but SW is an all time great and objectively favored.

ABR vs Eternal Spirit
I dont think ES will be able to outclick calculated ABR this one will be pretty one-sided contrary to popular opinion here

Sacri' vs Insult
Insult is a friend of mine and I'd love to see him make it as far as possible but from what I've seen from Sacri' by spectating as well as playing against him in multiple tiers I think he is insanely good and only keeps getting better. Sacri' is one of my favorites to win this entire tour so I'll give him the edge here.

RedEmption vs Ojama
Here we have another calamity in Ojama whos just fantastic at everything and beat me during snake as well so there is no way I can go against him here despite RedEmption showing some really nice performances.

Twixtry vs Simia
One of the closer matchups. Going to give it to Simia since I'm not too big on Twixtry and think hes decent enough to win here.

Kickasser vs CaronSmith
Another close game to call but I'm gonna give the edge to CaronSmith since its OLT after all and thats where hes alway showing his best side while Kickasser seems slightly overrated.

The Hallows vs Sjneider
I like Hallows and am happy that hes showing another great tour run after his nice OST one but I have been very impressed with Sjneider since he performed well during last years den auction tour and hes only been improving ever since.

Zuchtrest vs Malekith
This isnt ladder

Zuchtrest

Banned deucer.
Alright guys, since many people asked and accused me of being an double account, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT. I was Yugi Low and my old account is someone that nobody really knows called "Wings of Night". Pls check this account's ip and erase it from this stupid game. It has been giving me nothing but pain and cost me a lot of time. Getting a trophy was not worth it and I encourage everyone to quit this game while they can, its not worth any time you have. There are people like me who are wasting time tryharding to get better for nothing. There are people who waste their time tryharding to get mod powers on a pokemon server shoutout boe lol. Anyways all I'm trying to say is that nothing really you can achieve on this site or this game satisfies the amount of time you spend on this game. It'll get you nowhere except for those who are doing it for fun which honestly are a few. Competetitive mons is nothing but a drug, comparable to something like weed you get addicted to except that you're feeling worse and worse every time you play this game. cya

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)