Smogon's Official World Cup Discussion (Congrats to Glaucius on winning Pick'em!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I didn't put an entry into this, but I did want to share what I've gotten on ESPN

On the game-by-game picks:

On the overall bracket based on group-stage survivors:

I'd love to continue to climb the leaderboard. Thoughts on who I should pick? Any particular upsets I should go for?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
From the Article Waterbomb posted.

8) Soccer is like the metric system, which liberals also adore because it's European. Naturally, the metric system emerged from the French Revolution, during the brief intervals when they weren't committing mass murder by guillotine.

Despite being subjected to Chinese-style brainwashing in the public schools to use centimeters and Celsius, ask any American for the temperature, and he'll say something like "70 degrees." Ask how far Boston is from New York City, he'll say it's about 200 miles.

Liberals get angry and tell us that the metric system is more "rational" than the measurements everyone understands. This is ridiculous. An inch is the width of a man's thumb, a foot the length of his foot, a yard the length of his belt. That's easy to visualize. How do you visualize 147.2 centimeters?
What the Fuck.
and
Why the Fuck?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Neymar really needs a left foot. It amazes me how many of these top tier professional players are so heavily one-footed.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Fuuuck now this match lives up to the hype.

Neymar decided he isn't made of porcelain anymore which is a good thing. And he has a very good left foot usually IDK how he muffed that shot.

This is also an excellent F.C Barcelona exhibition for Sponsors lol.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Neymar really needs a left foot. It amazes me how many of these top tier professional players are so heavily one-footed.
neymar overall has a good left foot, although consider he had to come off for some treatment for a hit on his left leg early so he has seemed to be shying away from it a lot

Can see it finishing 3-1 or 4-1 to Brazil after extra time

Chile's amazing workrate both helps and hinders them

Last edited:
Last 15 minutes remaining and they sub out OSCAR? I don't have enough football knowledge, so can someone please explain?

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Fuck. The entire country of silent ATM. Even if Brazil go through, this will be a majorly fucking embarrassing for them. Will sap them off all their remaining fortitude this shootout.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
What a mess for brazil, not only couldn't they beat chile before penalties, but chile just dominated in the second half. This could have been over way earlier, and not in brazil's favor

E: FUCK SHIT

Last edited:
Brazil ready for the taking, Colombia over to you.

Felt really bad for Sanchez with the penalty miss among the best players in the whole tournament

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Brazil ready for the taking, Colombia over to you.

Felt really bad for Sanchez with the penalty miss among the best players in the whole tournament
Sanchez didn't perform this match tho imo, played around a lot but his actions didn't result in much

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Are you kidding me. His goal was top notch, and that one two in the Brazilian penalty box was the best I've seen in a long time. Plus not just Sanchez, the entire Chilean offense was very impressive in the second half.

On the whole Brazil deserved to win, but I feel really bad for Chile to make it out of their group and beat Spain, but then lose on penalties to Brazil (after hitting the crossbar late in extra time!)

Predicting a good 3-1 win for Colombia over Uruguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)