Tournaments SMPL Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
SMPL-logo.png

Welcome to the first ever Sun & Moon Premier League! This thread is for the signups for those who wish to manage in the tour. Information about the tournament can be found in the SM OU Discord server. The hosts for SMPL are z0mOG, Finchinator and Clementine.

There will be 6 teams for this tournament.
When signing up, YOU MUST SIGN WITH AN ASSISTANT MANAGER and state who they are. ONLY ONE OF THE TWO MANAGERS will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits prior to the draft if they wish to do so.

Please sign up using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Managers will be chosen based on experience in SM tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

The 10 Slots for this tournament are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM OU
SM OU [Suspect Slot]
SM DOU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC

Tiers and number of slots are subject to change.
Please note that SM OU [Suspect Slot] will be a way for the SM council to retest Pokemon in the SM OU tier. Stay tuned for more information.

Signups will close on Friday March 11th, 11:59 PM GMT+0.

Last edited:

spell

breathe again in the world anew
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Manager: me.
Assistant Manager: Fc
Team Name: Summerchus

bio: Fc and I both have experience managing in team tournaments. Fc has made finals thrice as a manager (currently ag snake finals and uwtt finals(He just won this one)) and I have made finals of RUSD, UWC and DWC. Fc also has made Stour playoffs last season and had a pretty good SM results in the live tours. We both are confident in our knowledge of the overall SM playerbase and guarantee that we can form an active squad

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Manager: Lily
Assistant Manager: obii
Team Name: the doug dimmadomes

obii has played more games of sm ubers than every other pokemon player ever combined, has been the mastermind behind all successful sm ou teams of the past decade, wields mandibro in ru like no other, has swept over 1 million pokemon with calm mind comfey in nu, frequently wins pu games with no fire resist just to show that he can, is 27-1 all time lcpl (only lost to tdk), and has won so many oldgen pls that he couldn't remember the number of trophies he had when i asked him. he is also highly adaptable and will figure out 4 mons on the field at once with complete ease.

i banned quagsire

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Manager: Askov
Assistant Manager: mncmt
Team Name: lansa a braba

mncmt has played more games of sm ubers than every other pokemon player ever combined, has been the mastermind behind all successful sm ou teams of the past decade, wields mandibro in ru like no other, has swept over 1 million pokemon with calm mind comfey in nu, frequently wins pu games with no fire resist just to show that he can, is 27-1 all time lcpl (only lost to Spl4sh ), and has won so many oldgen pls that he couldn't remember the number of trophies he had when i asked him. he is also highly adaptable and will figure out 4 mons on the field at once with complete ease.

i banned mienshao in ss uu

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Manager: Egor
Assistant Manager: Ainzcrad
Team Name: Communist Tequila Torkoals

I've been managing RCoP & WCoPP for some years already, while Ainzcrad has managed some leagues here like NDPL & AG Snake. Both are also active team tours players with a fine knowledge of the SM playerbase across different tiers.

Manager: STABLE
Assistant Manager: august
Team Name: Soulblaze Strikers
1646483216851.png

I've been managing in tournaments on both smogon and discord for the past 2 years, never missing a single playoff as manager and having won 1v1WC5 and 2v2PL1 and 2. August is Old Gens Council Leader and has amazing experience in team tournaments, having even captained USNE in WCOP2020.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
me and mael

Team Name:

we both been around multiple team tours when sm was active and mael has won ost when sm was cg also went positive in snake and spl while i qualified for st where sm was there therefore i think we know the meta also the playerbase wish to manage in this prestigious tour and create fun experience for all the parties involved.

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Last edited by a moderator:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Manager MANNAT
Assistant Manager Groudon
Team Name: PO Town Pichus

We both have extensive experience managing various tournaments, ranging from ROAPL to OUPL. Additionally, we both have participated in this most recent addition of SPL, helping with SM OU prep. Groudon has been an instrumental part of many successful Midwest teams in the past, and I stopped Skypenguin from using Golisopod every week this most recent SPL. Additionally, I have extensive knowledge in SM lower tiers, playing SM RU a lot in RU team tours like RUPL and RU Snake especially. We believe that we would be excellent managers for this tournament.

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: Tuthur
Team Name: Wailord of the ring

I managed and won both UPL and SCL as a manager, I qualified for SM Ubers championship back in 2019 and for SM OU championship in 2020 and played a lot of SM NU, I also got drafted for tours like RUPL and PUWCUP so I have a bit of knowledge here. As for Tuthur, he managed ZUPL twice and reached finals once and he is also touthour le modératour.

Last edited:

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: Tuthur
Team Name: Les Kadabrutis

I managed and won both UPL and SCL as a manager, I qualified for SM Ubers championship back in 2019 and for SM OU championship in 2020 and played a lot of SM NU, I also got drafted for tours like RUPL and PUWCUP so I have a bit of knowledge here. As for Tuthur, he managed ZUPL twice and reached finals once and he is also touthour le modératour.
Confirming OwO

Manager : Drafeu-kun
Assistant Manager : Dflo
Team Name : Jotaro's ZeraORA ORA ORA

I've managing experience from the french community, won a SM SSNL last year and made it to the Championship's top 9 while at it. Dflo also has been managing some tournaments at the french scale, but he is first and foremost a great achiever of his own: he made it to the OLT/Slam playoffs and has been playing WCoP for France. As far as gen7 goes, he was both in the top 8 of last year's SM Circuit and is currently at the 10th Round of the Seasonal, well within the winner bracket, so probably on his way to do at least as well in 2022. We both have been following the SM tournaments for a while and know the playerbase as well as it gets. We both would be doing our best to ensure our team's success in this tournament!

Manager: TDNT
Assistant Manager: Joya
Team Name: TBD

We both have team tour experience by managing some Discord side tours and playing them for some years, while Joya already played SPL and managed in ORAS PL. We also have some SM experience since we played in a lot of tours in the SM OU format, in particular last year's SM OU circuit which I won with Joya's help, who also have had some good runs in circuit tours.

Thank you all for signing up, we have received some incredible pairings and it was extremely difficult for the host team to cut it down to only 6. We sincerely hope anyone who fell just short of the cut is not too dissuaded from playing, as this SMPL should be a great tournament for all! That being said, here is the list we concluded with:
omi and Fc - Summerchus
Lily and obii - The Doug Dimmadomes
Askov and mncmt - Lansa a Braba
pj and mael - Wyvern Weaviles
ez and IPF - Chief Keef Police
Staxi and Tuthur - Wailord of the Rings

We will move forward with the administrative stuff shortly and follow up with managers regarding draft info. In the meantime, if you could all obtain team logos for yourselves, the host team would appreciate that greatly (not a requirement).

https://discord.gg/c5XKa2CU here is the discord we will be using for communications. Managers joining is required. Everyone else is welcome.

clementine edit: @ managers PLEASE pm/ping me on discord (CL#3471) so I can give you the adequate roles

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)