Sneak Preview of Pokemon Movie 12, and Arceus Event Released

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Source: PokeBeach

A few lucky kids were invited to a special screening of the Arceus movie yesterday in Japan. PokeBeach has a long, detailed description of the events of the movie, but the most important thing is that Arceus was given away there, more than two weeks early.

PokeBeach said:
Before the movie started, Meowth appears on screen with an animated DSi. He explains how to download Arceus and then walks away.
Hopefully, we'll be allowed to use this on Shoddy before too long.

Level 100 Arceus... ugh. It should be set so only 100 EVs can be given in any stat (via vitamins) to Arceus to simulate the game.

Anyway, next movie features Ho-Oh and Lugia.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, even a neutered Arceus is still an Arceus, it'll be interesting to see how/if the Uber metagame changes because of this.

Even with limited EV options Arceus still has base 120 in every stat, a type-changing ability, and the third-largest movepool in the game. It will be a threat especially as a bulky sweeper, as 120/120/120 defenses give it plenty of time to SD up and then sweep with STAB Extremespeed.

Even with limited EV options Arceus still has base 120 in every stat, a type-changing ability, and the third-largest movepool in the game. It will be a threat especially as a bulky sweeper, as 120/120/120 defenses give it plenty of time to SD up and then sweep with STAB Extremespeed.

giritina though would be used much more.

Wow, long read, but it was worth it. This'll be the best pokemon movie by far. I always liked the plots that go through time 8)

Luckily for Arceus, he can outspeed base 115 speed pokemon and scarf'd base 60 speed pokemon even without max speed (he can outspeed a +1 max speed Jolly Tyranitar too, wich is a big plus). He'll get a lot of usage nontheless, that's for sure.
Btw, JackO, SD Extreemespeed Arceus will likely have Shadow Claw with it just for that reason >_>

Syberia

[custom user title]
Well, even a neutered Arceus is still an Arceus, it'll be interesting to see how/if the Uber metagame changes because of this.
Arceus with 100 EVs in each stat still reaches 406/331/301/x/301/301, assuming Adamant nature. That's not a bad stat distribution at all for a bulky physical sweeper, especially when you consider it has Swords Dance and Extremespeed at its disposal. And, as Jibaku previously mentioned, Shadow Force to OHKO Giratina, without leaving yourself open to a Will-o-Wisp like you would on the first turn of using Shadow Claw.

A 404-HP Calm Minder with Modest/Timid is also a possibility.

EDIT: Damn, with only 100 Attack EVs, Shadow Force misses the 100% KO with SR up on Bold 252/252 Giratina :(

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Damn, with only 100 Attack EVs, Shadow Force misses the 100% KO with SR up on Bold 252/252 Giratina :(
I think you forgot to include STAB. Ghost Arceus is arguably better than Normal Arceus and it does get the 100% OHKO on Giratina with SR up.

662 Atk vs 372 Def & 504 HP (120 Base Power): 458 - 542 (90.87% - 107.54%)

The SD Normal-type sweeper with Life Orb still has a 33.3% chance to OHKO Giratina with SR up, too.

662 Atk vs 372 Def & 504 HP (120 Base Power): 398 - 470 (78.97% - 93.25%)

Of course, this then brings up the "is Shadow Force even worth using?" debates and bla bla bla. If you really wanted to OHKO Giratina after only one turn you would just use Garchomp ;)

I don't think people are going to be disappointed by this Arceus, a bulky sweeper can be more threatening than people give it credit for. Besides, with Deoxys-S around its not like it is difficult to get SR+1 layer of Spikes up...but I digress, I dont want to bring this thread away from the OP any more >_>

Syberia

[custom user title]
I forgot you could go Ghost-type with it. And when the only thing that's immune to Shadow Force in ubers is lol Blissey, it's probably at least as worth it as Bounce Gyarados is.

Of course, if you use Ghost Arceus, then you're stuck with either a 2-turn move as your only STAB, or running both Shadow Force and Shadow Claw. And you lose out on STAB Life Orb-boosted Extremespeed.

I'd rather use Normal Arceus with Forretress to set up both Spikes and SR.

Screw Giratina, use Lugia

well EVs didnt exist in GSC but its old version stat points did, which is like EVs without the maxinum of 510, and stats were recalculated each time you placed them into the PC

I believe that it has already been brought up that the EVs even vitamins give still are in addition to the stat points the Pokemon normally learns upon levelling up. So at level 100 even vitamins don't help.

Then someone brought up the box trick (for those who don't know, it's depositing a Pokemon directly after giving it a vitamin; once withdrawn, the corresponding stat will be higher). So people thought EV training Arceus would just be tedious; the only problem is that the box trick doesn't work on level 100 Pokemon.

So it appears that Arceus can have a grand total of 0 EVs until the Azure Flute Event or whatever.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
I believe that it has already been brought up that the EVs even vitamins give still are in addition to the stat points the Pokemon normally learns upon levelling up. So at level 100 even vitamins don't help.

Then someone brought up the box trick (for those who don't know, it's depositing a Pokemon directly after giving it a vitamin; once withdrawn, the corresponding stat will be higher). So people thought EV training Arceus would just be tedious; the only problem is that the box trick doesn't work on level 100 Pokemon.

So it appears that Arceus can have a grand total of 0 EVs until the Azure Flute Event or whatever.
No, you're slightly incorrect.

If a Pokemon is level 100, the only way for it to gain any EV's is through vitamins. Because it can't gain any experience, if you see a 12th Movie Arceus with 252 EV's, someone has used the AR's Vitamin Modifier code to give it those EV's.

As far as the box trick: that was to increase the stats for level 100's in Gen 1 & 2. The only use for it in Gen 3 & 4 is for a Pokemon with a level less than 100. Stuff it in the box and the stats are recalculated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)