So... it's in D/P's coding that Electivire can learn Volt Tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently hacked Volt Tackle onto a male Electabuzz in Pokemon Ruby, Pal Park'd it, Dittodaycare'd it, then egg receive'd and hatch'd it, and found out the Elekid had been Volt Tackle'd (it knew Volt Tackle!). So, is there supposed to be an event and/or Platinum exclusive regarding this? Thoughts, questions, contributions are welcome. Flames, spam, trolling, etc. are not welcome.

BTW- Sorry for all of the "'d" things. I was bored.

Wow you're kiddin now are you X_X. That would be awesome 379 ATK with a STAB volt tackle would pwn!! MUCHHH better than Thunderpunch.

SO wait wait wait wait...

You hacked Volt Tackle onto an Electabuzz, and the offspring knew Volt Tackle? That is an awesome find.

This is a really cool find. I should try it without pal parking, and just flat out use the move modifier code. This really is cool though. Thanks for sharing.

If you had seen Bulbapedia's Volt Tackle article, this wouldn't come as such a shock to you:

Also, the game's code shows the Electabuzz, Machamp, Infernape, Lucario, Alakazam, Cacturne, Hariyama, and Mr. Mime families as being able to know the move, albeit through unknown methods. It is curious to note that all these Pokémon are of the Humanshape egg group.

Though I've yet to find any reason to doubt Bulbapedia, I can't say that that statement's valid. I've never actually looked through the game's code.

Still, assuming everything here is true, it appears to me that Volt Tackle is another egg move that those Pokemon have. I wonder how many other instances of this there are...

If you had seen Bulbapedia's Volt Tackle article, this wouldn't come as such a shock to you:

Also, the game's code shows the Electabuzz, Machamp, Infernape, Lucario, Alakazam, Cacturne, Hariyama, and Mr. Mime families as being able to know the move, albeit through unknown methods. It is curious to note that all these Pokémon are of the Humanshape egg group.

Though I've yet to find any reason to doubt Bulbapedia, I can't say that that statement's valid. I've never actually looked through the game's code.

Still, assuming everything here is true, it appears to me that Volt Tackle is another egg move that those Pokemon have. I wonder how many other instances of this there are...
damn nevermind XD

Looks like Ape just got a new weapon against Bulky Waters...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If this is true, it should be implemented on Shoddy, and usable under the "Extended Game" clause.
SECOND THIS.

And it might either be a new move for them in Platinum, or an exclusive move of a future Wii Pokémon game. If I recall correctly, Scyther had Razor Wind as its Egg Move in Advance, but only managed to get it in XD (or something in its Egg Group finally got it in the game and thus could pass to Scyther via breeding, I don't remember).

Bull of Heaven

Infernape can breed with Smeargle. If someone can get a Smeargle with Volt Tackle, this can be tested.

I am probably missing something extremely obvious that would make that idea sound ridiculous but ... I really like that idea.

If the op isn't lying, there is no reason smeargle with volt tackle and infernape shouldnt be able to breed an infernape with volt tackle unless im just missing something. But if it coded into the game and able to unlock (like op demonstrated) then this could work.

Can someone test this (i dont have a volt tackle pikachu :/)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm on it, I'll let you know in a few minutes, KD. Not likely to work though!

Actually, Pikachu himself breeds with Infernape so I'll try that instead.

I am probably missing something extremely obvious that would make that idea sound ridiculous but ... I really like that idea.

If the op isn't lying, there is no reason smeargle with volt tackle and infernape shouldnt be able to breed an infernape with volt tackle unless im just missing something. But if it coded into the game and able to unlock (like op demonstrated) then this could work.

Can someone test this (i dont have a volt tackle pikachu :/)
Unless that move can only be passed from the Humanshape egg group. Smeargle is in the Ground group, remember. If it can indeed be passed to Infernape, then 'Nape can pass it to the others as well.

Edit: Also, Volt Tackle isn't passed as an egg move the same way other moves are. It just comes out of nowhere if Pikachu holds a Light Ball, it's not really passed at all.

i honestly cant stand hackers but that was actually pretty cool =D it will be funny to see an electivire 6-0 a whole team casue of V-Tackle.

Or maybe an old item, but that will only work in Platinum.

How many people you know that have put a female Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape holding Light Ball in the Daycare to breed?
Like the Everstone. Only prevented evolution in R/S, but also passes nature in Emerald.
If Nintendo is going to implement this at all, it bust be through new game mechanics in Platinum, like Arael suggested.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Nope, Chimchar doesn't learn Volt Tackle by breeding with Pikachu (sounds pretty obvious now that I say it, but I tested it just to be certain).

Maybe in the future, but honestly, I'd rather it remained as the trademark move of the Pika line.

Nice, I hope this is true so Electivire becomes useful, with a motor drive boost and volt tackle stab it will become a monster

I'll hack a male smeargle with Volt Tackle.

Run it through infernape.
And breed with alot.

Oh, god - game breaker.

edit: Either my game is glitched, or infernape doesn't learn it via breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)