So, now that we know everything, can we start the updates?

We know tutors, level up changes, and the few TM changes (only real one of note is Wild Charge Klinklang iirc). So can we start theorymon skeletons (actually isn't PS! already updated?) and get cracking?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we wait like, a few days for everything to die down, dust to settle, before we start testing things, skeletons etc. PS hasn't even been live for 24 hours yet (iirc) so can we just wait and see what develops and stuff so we can get a clear idea of the status of the metagame?

Note

If im in a minority here then feel free to ignore my post I guess

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ginganinja's point is pretty valid I think. Updates shouldn't be done now as it'll encourage too much theorymon. Furthermore, not all new threats might be identified etc yet so we should probably wait. Updating too early might make analyses inaccurate as they might not take into account of the full changes to a metagame.

However, I'm wondering, what are we going to do with half/near-completed analyses and articles? Do we continue with them until we agree to update everything starting from a certain date, or do we redo it to suit the new metagame? The former might be okay as PO might not be so quick to implement everything? ?_?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I have to agree with the two above me.

What's with the rush exactly? I would rather see everything settle down first and then start and get good quality analyses and much less theorymon, rather than rush this just to get it on site or whatever your intentions are ASAp. There are some DW abilities to discover as well. For example, Regenerator Alomomola and Sand Veil Stunfisk are apparently released in the Sparkling Sea area in the DW.

I'll say we just take a few days to let things settle.

I see your point, it probably is better off to wait. However, wouldn't it be possible for us just to put up some theorymon skeletons? They would be enough to give people an idea of what all the new changes make Pokemon capable of, but we could set a date (mabye in like a week or so) before the skeletons can get quality control approved.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
At best, give QC skeletons a couple of more days, since, at this point, they're encouraging Theorymon. The game has only been officially released yesterday, and we haven't even settled the matter of what Pokemon we're gonna retest (if even that) or ban. I know the tensions are high, and people want their own dose of cocaine analyses, but we don't know "everything" yet. Wait for the storm to reach its calm.
sandshrewz said:
However, I'm wondering, what are we going to do with half/near-completed analyses and articles? Do we continue with them until we agree to update everything starting from a certain date, or do we redo it to suit the new metagame? The former might be okay as PO might not be so quick to implement everything? ?_?
*sigh* Yes, I was afraid of this. Since Pokemon BW2 has just come out, we need to finish these articles as soon as possible for the most recent updates. After that, we CAN update the articles. If you need to tweak or articles a bit further, do so. For example, the OU Threatlist WOULD be ready to upload, but the only thing getting in the way is a paragraph on Celebi. Finish that, we're done. If we try redoing stuff now, all that work does to waste.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Just posting to say that we're holding off on allowing people to reserve/write analyses for BW2 until July 8th for all tiers in C&C. This will allow time for the QC members to play with a large majority of the new threats in the game and become familiar with the metagame so that they can make more informed decisions on the analyses.

Happy playtesting until then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)