Sol Et Luna Tournament - Round 1

Approved by Quite Quiet

Sol.gif
luna.gif

(I do NOT own the images)

Welcome to Sol Et Luna Tournament, where a duo will make a pledge to the side to the Sun or the Moon to battle their way to victory!

Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a USUM Ubers team tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. Smogtours server works fine too.
  • You don't necessarily have to post replays here, but they have to get to me in some way. PM me your replays through Smogon or Discord or post them in the thread and I will like the post to verify your victory.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.

Standard Rules and Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause

==

Rules Specific to this Tournament:

Player that declared side Sun will stay with the sun and will stay away from moon and thus will be forbidden from using Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Ultra Moon's exclusives:

* Lugia
* Entei
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Palkia
* Regigigas
* Zekrom
* Thundurus
* Yveltal
* Lunala
* Necrozma-DW

Player that declared side Moon will stay with the moon and will stay away from sun and thus will be forbidden from using Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Ultra Sun's exclusives:

* Ho-Oh
* Raikou
* Groudon
* Latios
* Dialga
* Heatran
* Reshiram
* Tornadus
* Xerneas
* Solgaleo
* Necrozma-DM

These Pokemon are not legal due to their encounter in game only being possible with two Pokemon found in different versions:

* Suicune - requires Entei and Raikou in party
* Rayquaza - requires Groudon and Kyogre in party
* Giratina (both Giratina-A and Giratina-O) - requires Dialga and Palkia in party
* Kyurem (all formes - Kyurem, Kyurem-B, and Kyurem-W) - requires Zekrom and Reshiram in party
* Landorus (both Landorus-I and Landorus-T) - requires Thundurus and Tornadus in party

When it comes down to 2v2, players with role Sun will go against Sun and Moon will go against Moon. Should the tiebreak be necessary, both players will 'unite' and will make every Pokemon possible to use for the round and one of them will play the tiebreaker.

==

Round 1:

room 25 vs. prkl (Tiebreaker: double switches vs. Pohjis)
Sun: Perry vs. Pohjis
Moon: double switches vs. Karppi

Soul Dew Strongs vs. Kloppers
Sun: Mysterious M vs. Nowh
Moon: Mr.378 vs. Randomnick

The baguette + warrior vs. fodase (Tiebreaker: GW vs. didi)
Sun: GW vs. didi
Moon: yovan33321 vs. Hydreigon Specs

New Patek vs. Unbound Trainers
Sun: DurzaOffTopic vs. FelipeRT
Moon: Zesty43 vs. toinha

Dimmi Eccomi vs. Wolves
Sun: Pais vs. Renzen
Moon: egalvanc vs. JLK 17 (dead game)

trg vs. La Panza che Avanza (coinflipped)
Sun: Hamhamhamham vs. StepC
Moon: MJ vs. Terracotta

Team Boruto vs. Well Endowed DMDWs (Tiebreaker: Thiago Nunes vs. LucosDICampos)
Sun: Thiago Nunes vs. absdaddy
Moon: The Kyle vs. LucosDICampos

The Trap Bot vs. uwu
Sun: Sharow-san vs. Dominatio
Moon: Royal1604 vs. greentee

Good Luck in Losers Bracket vs. kzodbzodjzpkdzofjek (Good Luck in Losers Bracket dropped)
Sun: EricSaysHi vs. Dlanyer
Moon: Jase Duken vs. fourmi

cb aaron judge audis vs. lance smogon disstrack coming late november
Sun: North vs. Lux92
Moon: cb aaron judge vs. pazza

Team name to be discussed vs. goat
Sun: ILoveMilk vs RyLon
Moon: Diophantine vs. Leoshad (dead game)

Wola vs. Stalin + Mussolini
Sun: cielbakasan vs. skysolo14
Moon: Staxi vs. get flanked

Deadline for this round is a week from now, which is October 8th for Greenwich Mean Time (a few extra hours since I posted this quite late). Save your activity calls for the time close to the end of the round, and feel free to ask for extensions. Good luck.

Last edited:
A reminder for all players:

Sun players cannot use:
* Lugia
* Entei
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Palkia
* Regigigas
* Zekrom
* Thundurus
* Yveltal
* Lunala
* Necrozma-DW

Moon players cannot use:
* Ho-Oh
* Raikou
* Groudon
* Latios
* Dialga
* Heatran
* Reshiram
* Tornadus
* Xerneas
* Solgaleo
* Necrozma-DM

The following Pokemon cannot be used for any match other than tiebreakers, where every Pokemon in Ubers by tiering can be used:
* Suicune
* Rayquaza
* Giratina (both formes)
* Kyurem (all formes)
* Landorus (both formes)

If the 2v2 ended with a tie, please notify me with who is going to play the tiebreaker. They have to be one of the two players in the team.

This is also my second time hosting a tournament. I may not always make the best decisions as the host, and I may make mistakes with tagging people or making brackets. I will gladly fix any errors as soon as possible. Contact me (DMDW#8155) for anything that I may have to look over. I never expected this many of you to sign up - thank you so much, as this means a lot to me. I'll try my best to make this tournament a fun experience for all players. That's all.

From now on I will like the replay post to approve games. cielbakasan please pay more attention to the banlist, as your team had Giratina that is now allowed to be used in regular matches.

Winners, please get replays to me please (it can be on this thread, on my wall, or in my Discord PM, just has to get to me somehow)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)