Sol Et Luna Tournament - Round 2

Approved by Quite Quiet

Sol.gif
luna.gif

(I do NOT own the images)

Welcome to Sol Et Luna Tournament, where a duo will make a pledge to the side to the Sun or the Moon to battle their way to victory!

Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a USUM Ubers team tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. Smogtours server works fine too.
  • You don't necessarily have to post replays here, but they have to get to me in some way. PM me your replays through Smogon or Discord or post them in the thread and I will like the post to verify your victory.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.

Standard Rules and Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause

==

Rules Specific to this Tournament:

Player that declared side Sun will stay with the sun and will stay away from moon and thus will be forbidden from using Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Ultra Moon's exclusives:

* Lugia
* Entei
* Kyogre
* Latias
* Palkia
* Regigigas
* Zekrom
* Thundurus
* Yveltal
* Lunala
* Necrozma-DW

Player that declared side Moon will stay with the moon and will stay away from sun and thus will be forbidden from using Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Ultra Sun's exclusives:

* Ho-Oh
* Raikou
* Groudon
* Latios
* Dialga
* Heatran
* Reshiram
* Tornadus
* Xerneas
* Solgaleo
* Necrozma-DM

These Pokemon are not legal due to their encounter in game only being possible with two Pokemon found in different versions:

* Suicune - requires Entei and Raikou in party
* Rayquaza - requires Groudon and Kyogre in party
* Giratina (both Giratina-A and Giratina-O) - requires Dialga and Palkia in party
* Kyurem (all formes - Kyurem, Kyurem-B, and Kyurem-W) - requires Zekrom and Reshiram in party
* Landorus (both Landorus-I and Landorus-T) - requires Thundurus and Tornadus in party

When it comes down to 2v2, players with role Sun will go against Sun and Moon will go against Moon. Should the tiebreak be necessary, both players will 'unite' and will make every Pokemon possible to use for the round and one of them will play the tiebreaker.

==

Round 2:

New Patek vs. fodase
Sun: DurzaOffTopic vs. didi
Moon: Zesty43 vs. Hydreigon Specs

Stalin + Mussolini vs. kzodbzodjzpkdzofjek
Sun: skysolo14 vs. Dlanyer
Moon: get flanked vs. fourmi

Team Boruto vs. Team name to be discussed
Sun: Thiago Nunes vs. ILoveMilk
Moon: The Kyle vs. Diophantine

Soul Dew Strongs vs. The Trap Bot
Sun: Mysterious M vs. Sharow-san
Moon: Mr.378 vs. Royal1604

La Panza che Avanza vs. prkl - tie
Sun: StepC vs. Pohjis
Moon: Terracotta vs. Karppi - coinflip

Dimmi Eccomi vs. cb aaron judge audis
Sun: Pais vs. North - coinflip
Moon: egalvanc vs. cb aaron judge - coinflip

Deadline for this round is about week from now, which is October 21th for Greenwich Mean Time (a few extra hours since I posted this quite late). Save your activity calls for the time close to the end of the round, and feel free to ask for extensions. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about the overextended previous round - there were many unfinished matches without extension requests or activity calls so I tried to minimize the coinflips because I did not want so many of them happening early in the tour. If playing regular matches and tiebreakers in a week is too difficult, I will consider extending the length of the round in the future.

With that out of the way, good luck to all players.

About 40% of users played their games... I'll go through coinflips and other things in 48 hours. If you want to call activity, please do it now.

At this point, I will have to agree with an idea that moving on might be better regardless of players' activity. Expect me to post coinflips when I get a better wifi later. Sorry for those who did their matches on time...

didi and Pohjis will take act win, what they said about their opponent's status is true.

Coinflips:

1540601410289.png

I won't extend anymore so please play your matches on time from next round, which will be posted soon! Sorry about my recent lateness, wifi has been terrible.

Edit: Accidentally included royal in the coinflip when he won his match anyway. Also prkl advances to next round because Pohjis actually played his game and won whereas other people didn't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)