National Dex Sol-fa, [500th post rmt]

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey everyone, I recently noticed i was closing in on 500 posts on the forums, as such I wanted to celebrate that by making an RMT. One of the main things I'm known for in the National Dex community is my undying love for the KyuLop core, as such, I felt a KyuLop centered team was fitting for this rmt. While there were a few failed teams i built, going for a more Semi-Stall approach, i eventually ended up with this VoltTurn team, which i am really happy with.

heres my peak, if anyones curious
1631560005714.png

building process

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega:

I started off with the KyuLop core, SubRoost Kyurem is my absolute set to use so, I decided to go for that instead of Specs or some other Kyurem set. The Lopunny is just the standard pivot set, makes for a stellar core with Kyurem as it's able to easily pivot it on to Substitute up on Pokemon like Toxapex, Zapdos, and Slowbro.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight:

One of Kyurem's fatal weaknesses is Stealth Rock. Losing a quarter of your health upon entry is not ideal for a Defensive Pokemon, because of this glaring issue I knew I needed a Defog user, and there isn't a better Defogger in the tier than Corviknight. Pressure is fantastic when paired up with Kyurem, as the double Pressure core makes this team fantastic at wearing down the opponents long-term due to pp stalling all their moves.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian:

Next up I knew I wanted to further develop the team's VoltTurn core, while also solidifying its defensive structure, as such I added a Landorus-T. Landorus-T is an incredibly valuable member of this team, as its defensive utility its key to making the team function, being the main check to many common Pokemon as well as aiding in pivoting around other threats.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :toxapex:

I knew I needed a Water-type resist, as well as a check to the omnipresent Ash-Greninja. As such, Toxapex felt like the obvious choice to me. Tbh its a pretty simple pex, just doing pex things ya know. Mostly chose it over other bulky Water-types because i wanted it to remove opposing Toxapex's Toxic Spikes, which this team is pretty weak to.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :victini:

Lastly, I felt as if my team lacked offensive pressure and lost to Magnezone + Mon I need Corviknight to check cores, as such I went with a mon I haven't really used before, Heavy-Duty Boots Victini. The mix of defensive and offensive utility it brought seemed interesting, plus i was getting bored of using 3a Zapdos and losing to Lele + Magnezone.

In-Depth look

:ss/kyurem:
RE:RE: (Kyurem) @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 52 Def / 112 SpA / 56 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

A for the most part standard SubRoost Kyurem, you already know what this beast does. While I am an avid advocate of using Heavy-Duty Boots on SubRoost Kyurem, I felt like Metronome's potential to break through Corviknight and Clefable made it worth using, and its general ability to snowball into doing huge damage is fun to play with. The spread is somewhat unorthodox as well. Instead of the regular 56/200/252+ spread, i decided to go with something a bit bulkier. Seeing as Kyurem doesn't need all the Investment in Speed, i decided to take some out. The Speed Still allows it to outspeed unboosted Mega Garchomp, and Mostly everything else it needs to outspeed, Offensive Landorus, Adamant Mega Medicham, Rillaboom, etc. With extra Defense allowing it to consistently Substitute up on Max Attack Landorus-T U-turns, while generally making it more bulky, and the SpDef letting it always live SpDef Heatran's Earth Power.

:ss/lopunny-mega:
REWRITE (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Just a standard Mega Lopunny. Provides the team with a good priority user as well as Speed control, making it an invaluable asset against offense teams, as well as being able to offensively check Tapu Koko, Hydreigon, and Weavile. I paired it up with Kyurem because of its ability to bait in Pokemon that Kyurem can take advantage of, while also being able to bring it in on the field safely. Just a really solid mon all around.

:ss/corviknight:
SHINDO-KAKU (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

As previously mentioned, Kyurem mandates being paired up with good hazard removal. I went with Corviknight, due to Pressure being able to PP stall Stealth Rock and should in theory keep them off the field indefinitely. It also brings fantastic defensive utility, being the team's main check to the likes of Kartana, Tapu Lele, and Rillaboom. I went with a Relaxed nature as Kyurem appreciates the slow U-turns. The item choice is a bit unorthodox, in Rocky Helmet instead of the standard Leftovers because Kyurem enjoys the extra chip damage on Blissey and Chansey. Due to the team having Victini to back up Corviknight, It can afford to give up the passive recovery.

:ss/landorus-therian:
MY WORLD (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is a key member of this team; the defensive utility it brings, in checking the likes of Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Magnezone is something the team relies heavily upon. It also brings stellar utility in being the team's Stealth Rock setter and sole Knock Off user. It's also another pivot to bring in Kyurem on the field easier, against the plethora of bulky Water-types that tend to switch into it. While I do love my specially defensive 222 Speed Landorus, this team is so weak to Heatran that i feel like the Speedtier above it is needed to handle it.

:ss/toxapex:
SIREN (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

The Pex himself, a standard mixed defensive spread to allow it to check the likes of Weavile, Kartana, and Blaziken while still being able to beat Ash-Greninja consistently. The extra longevity it brings to the team through Regenerator is invaluable to this team, making it even harder to break long-term. While i do tend to prefer using Knock Off or Toxic Spikes as my last move on Toxapex, this team is so weak to Ash-Greninja that I felt Toxic was nessecery to wear it down longterm. Also,16 Speed to creep Reuniclus cus that mon is the absolute WORST.

:ss/victini:
LOOP & LOOP (Victini) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Toxic

Victini brings amazing Defensive utility. It acts as a "Psuedo Steel-type" of sorts, being able to switch-into the likes of Tapu Lele, Rillaboom, Serperior, and Mega Latias, assuring that Corviknight doesn't get overwhelmed and also giving me reliable defensive answers to these Pokemon in matchups where Magnezone is present. The given spread lets it outspeed Adamant Rillaboom while being as bulky as possible. It also brings offensive pressure, Modest Blue Flare hits hard. Meanwhile, Thunder is run to let it consistently damage Blue Flare switch-ins like Heatran, Toxapex, and Slowking. Thanks to U-turn It's also another pivot to help bring in Kyurem on the Field. With Toxic letting it wear down the likes of Mega Latias and Hydreigon.

Threatlist
:heatran: can get annoying for this team, as offensive variants are able to break through Landorus, meanwhile defensive ones are a struggle for Kyurem. However, Lyurem is somewhat able to check it, OHKOing offensive variants and being able to Substitute up on defensive ones, though it cant really switch in, in fear of a Toxic.

:tapu-fini: is another mon that I find hard to switch into using this team, everything is hit super effectively or threatened by a Scald Burn, I do find that wearing it down with Victini is usually the best bet.

:hydreigon: Nasty Plot Hydreigon is the single biggest problem for this team, as the only way I can reliably deal with it is by revenge killing it with Lopunny, but getting it in is difficult as Hydreigon 2hkos this entire team at +2, usually whenever I run into a Hydreigon i just get mentally prepared to sack mons and play more offensively.

Replays

1631559831910.png1631559866339.png1631559913391.png

Shoutouts

this wouldn't be a good 500th post without some lame ass shoutouts at the end so, i felt these people would be appropriate

Ainzcrad Youre the single best friend ive made on this site, love you bro. I'd be acting such a complete dumbass without you looking over me, youre like a big brother to me.

Optify 413X you guys mean the world to me. i love talking to you nearly every day, youre some of the most fun people ive met in my life.

omicorio the worst thing ive ever done to the natdex community is introduce you to it. I still remember back during like, march? where you proud you managed to beat me after getting a super good mu and hella hax, you still cant play the game oml nothings changed. Jokes aside, youre one of the most fun people ive talked to on this website.

Guard i miss you man. I still remember you giving me those super detailed qc checks on Kyurem and Koko and how it inspiried me to really get invested in smogon contributing, i wouldnt be interested in c&c if it werent for you. I'm glad youre feeling better nowadays.

other shoutouts because like, halfway through this i realized i wouldnt be able to give everyone a setentence all about why i like them.

good friends who i enjoy talking to: Zephyri cleffa Lyss chlo cy ausma blce love u guys, homies fr.

capcord Lasen SHSP Scizivire dex quziel you guys are fucking hilarious to call with, love roasting whatever wack shit gets brought to tournaments in call with yall. friendly reminder i was tied for best smcap record this cappl.

ND guys Avery Solaros & Lunaris Aurodian adem ppödd whenever i mald at this tier i think of yall and hate it slightly less, good friends. i wouldnt be playing this god forsaken metagame if it werent for yall.

airfare Gomi homies

ive got so many friends whove just made my time on this website better, i apologize if i forgot anyone but you all mean alot to me.

here is the importable: https://pokepast.es/0c4f2f7ab22303d2 thats all, whole lotta cotta out o/​

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Gonna bring this team in some dogwater CAP game and replace the Mega Lop with some horseshit CAP like DD Pyroak and then call it my build while SHSP and Jhoffler mald, you watch.

Congrats on 500 posts btw! And a very nice team.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[11:09] Denji mentality: this dude rating it like "dawg ngl. u suck. just made a new team"

755147EA-E89D-4D0B-9035-E579696F5012.jpeg

why does all of ur shit get 6-0ed by cm clef goddamn
anyways onto the rate

this team is unironically 6-0ed by cm Clefable, and as you stated in your threat list, stuff like Heatran bother you, so I aim to change that.

:victini: -> :heatran:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 56 SpA / 124 SpD / 72 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

SpDef Heavy Slam Heatran here provides multiple things to this team, mainly a proper check to CM Clefable, as well as maintain rocks and a way to pressure Mega Scizor, as I intend to remove Victini and Lando. It also provides a more sturdy check to the likes of RillaZone, as that can be quite annoying even with Victini, and alleviates the Grass pressure that Corv has to deal with.

:landorus-therian: -> :gliscor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 240 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Toxic

As we have removed Victini, Mega Latias becomes a bit harder to deal with, and we are also lacking a ground when LandoT was removed, so ill be adding Gliscor. Gliscor provides a strong, solid check to the likes of Heatran and non Ice Beam variants of Mega Latias, forcing them out with Toxic.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :toxapex: :heatran: :gliscor:

hope u like the team man, and am happy to know i made nd more enjoyable for you^^

love reacts only bitch pannuracotta this is wholesome af

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor

Hey everyone, I recently noticed i was closing in on 500 posts on the forums, as such I wanted to celebrate that by making an RMT. One of the main things I'm known for in the National Dex community is my undying love for the KyuLop core, as such, I felt a KyuLop centered team was fitting for this rmt. While there were a few failed teams i built, going for a more Semi-Stall approach, i eventually ended up with this VoltTurn team, which i am really happy with.

heres my peak, if anyones curious
View attachment 371983

building process

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega:

I started off with the KyuLop core, SubRoost Kyurem is my absolute set to use so, I decided to go for that instead of Specs or some other Kyurem set. The Lopunny is just the standard pivot set, makes for a stellar core with Kyurem as it's able to easily pivot it on to Substitute up on Pokemon like Toxapex, Zapdos, and Slowbro.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight:

One of Kyurem's fatal weaknesses is Stealth Rock. Losing a quarter of your health upon entry is not ideal for a Defensive Pokemon, because of this glaring issue I knew I needed a Defog user, and there isn't a better Defogger in the tier than Corviknight. Pressure is fantastic when paired up with Kyurem, as the double Pressure core makes this team fantastic at wearing down the opponents long-term due to pp stalling all their moves.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian:

Next up I knew I wanted to further develop the team's VoltTurn core, while also solidifying its defensive structure, as such I added a Landorus-T. Landorus-T is an incredibly valuable member of this team, as its defensive utility its key to making the team function, being the main check to many common Pokemon as well as aiding in pivoting around other threats.

:kyurem: :lopunny-mega: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :toxapex:

I knew I needed a Water-type resist, as well as a check to the omnipresent Ash-Greninja. As such, Toxapex felt like the obvious choice to me. Tbh its a pretty simple pex, just doing pex things ya know. Mostly chose it over other bulky Water-types because i wanted it to remove opposing Toxapex's Toxic Spikes, which this team is pretty weak to.

Lastly, I felt as if my team lacked offensive pressure and lost to Magnezone + Mon I need Corviknight to check cores, as such I went with a mon I haven't really used before, Heavy-Duty Boots Victini. The mix of defensive and offensive utility it brought seemed interesting, plus i was getting bored of using 3a Zapdos and losing to Lele + Magnezone.

In-Depth look

:ss/kyurem:
RE:RE: (Kyurem) @ Metronome
EVs: 56 HP / 52 Def / 112 SpA / 56 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost

A for the most part standard SubRoost Kyurem, you already know what this beast does. While I am an avid advocate of using Heavy-Duty Boots on SubRoost Kyurem, I felt like Metronome's potential to break through Corviknight and Clefable made it worth using, and its general ability to snowball into doing huge damage is fun to play with. The spread is somewhat unorthodox as well. Instead of the regular 56/200/252+ spread, i decided to go with something a bit bulkier. Seeing as Kyurem doesn't need all the Investment in Speed, i decided to take some out. The Speed Still allows it to outspeed unboosted Mega Garchomp, and Mostly everything else it needs to outspeed, Offensive Landorus, Adamant Mega Medicham, Rillaboom, etc. With extra Defense allowing it to consistently Substitute up on Max Attack Landorus-T U-turns, while generally making it more bulky, and the SpDef letting it always live SpDef Heatran's Earth Power.

:ss/lopunny-mega:
REWRITE (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Just a standard Mega Lopunny. Provides the team with a good priority user as well as Speed control, making it an invaluable asset against offense teams, as well as being able to offensively check Tapu Koko, Hydreigon, and Weavile. I paired it up with Kyurem because of its ability to bait in Pokemon that Kyurem can take advantage of, while also being able to bring it in on the field safely. Just a really solid mon all around.

:ss/corviknight:
SHINDO-KAKU (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

As previously mentioned, Kyurem mandates being paired up with good hazard removal. I went with Corviknight, due to Pressure being able to PP stall Stealth Rock and should in theory keep them off the field indefinitely. It also brings fantastic defensive utility, being the team's main check to the likes of Kartana, Tapu Lele, and Rillaboom. I went with a Relaxed nature as Kyurem appreciates the slow U-turns. The item choice is a bit unorthodox, in Rocky Helmet instead of the standard Leftovers because Kyurem enjoys the extra chip damage on Blissey and Chansey. Due to the team having Victini to back up Corviknight, It can afford to give up the passive recovery.

:ss/landorus-therian:
MY WORLD (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is a key member of this team; the defensive utility it brings, in checking the likes of Heatran, Tapu Koko, and Magnezone is something the team relies heavily upon. It also brings stellar utility in being the team's Stealth Rock setter and sole Knock Off user. It's also another pivot to bring in Kyurem on the field easier, against the plethora of bulky Water-types that tend to switch into it. While I do love my specially defensive 222 Speed Landorus, this team is so weak to Heatran that i feel like the Speedtier above it is needed to handle it.

:ss/toxapex:
SIREN (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

The Pex himself, a standard mixed defensive spread to allow it to check the likes of Weavile, Kartana, and Blaziken while still being able to beat Ash-Greninja consistently. The extra longevity it brings to the team through Regenerator is invaluable to this team, making it even harder to break long-term. While i do tend to prefer using Knock Off or Toxic Spikes as my last move on Toxapex, this team is so weak to Ash-Greninja that I felt Toxic was nessecery to wear it down longterm. Also,16 Speed to creep Reuniclus cus that mon is the absolute WORST.

:ss/victini:
LOOP & LOOP (Victini) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Toxic

Victini brings amazing Defensive utility. It acts as a "Psuedo Steel-type" of sorts, being able to switch-into the likes of Tapu Lele, Rillaboom, Serperior, and Mega Latias, assuring that Corviknight doesn't get overwhelmed and also giving me reliable defensive answers to these Pokemon in matchups where Magnezone is present. The given spread lets it outspeed Adamant Rillaboom while being as bulky as possible. It also brings offensive pressure, Modest Blue Flare hits hard. Meanwhile, Thunder is run to let it consistently damage Blue Flare switch-ins like Heatran, Toxapex, and Slowking. Thanks to U-turn It's also another pivot to help bring in Kyurem on the Field. With Toxic letting it wear down the likes of Mega Latias and Hydreigon.

Threatlist
:heatran: can get annoying for this team, as offensive variants are able to break through Landorus, meanwhile defensive ones are a struggle for Kyurem. However, Lyurem is somewhat able to check it, OHKOing offensive variants and being able to Substitute up on defensive ones, though it cant really switch in, in fear of a Toxic.

:tapu-fini: is another mon that I find hard to switch into using this team, everything is hit super effectively or threatened by a Scald Burn, I do find that wearing it down with Victini is usually the best bet.

:hydreigon: Nasty Plot Hydreigon is the single biggest problem for this team, as the only way I can reliably deal with it is by revenge killing it with Lopunny, but getting it in is difficult as Hydreigon 2hkos this entire team at +2, usually whenever I run into a Hydreigon i just get mentally prepared to sack mons and play more offensively.

Replays

View attachment 371979View attachment 371980View attachment 371982

Shoutouts

this wouldn't be a good 500th post without some lame ass shoutouts at the end so, i felt these people would be appropriate

Ainzcrad Youre the single best friend ive made on this site, love you bro. I'd be acting such a complete dumbass without you looking over me, youre like a big brother to me.

Optify 413X you guys mean the world to me. i love talking to you nearly every day, youre some of the most fun people ive met in my life.

omicorio the worst thing ive ever done to the natdex community is introduce you to it. I still remember back during like, march? where you proud you managed to beat me after getting a super good mu and hella hax, you still cant play the game oml nothings changed. Jokes aside, youre one of the most fun people ive talked to on this website.

Guard i miss you man. I still remember you giving me those super detailed qc checks on Kyurem and Koko and how it inspiried me to really get invested in smogon contributing, i wouldnt be interested in c&c if it werent for you. I'm glad youre feeling better nowadays.

other shoutouts because like, halfway through this i realized i wouldnt be able to give everyone a setentence all about why i like them.

good friends who i enjoy talking to: Zephyri cleffa Lyss chlo cy ausma blce love u guys, homies fr.

capcord Lasen SHSP Scizivire dex quziel you guys are fucking hilarious to call with, love roasting whatever wack shit gets brought to tournaments in call with yall. friendly reminder i was tied for best smcap record this cappl.

ND guys Avery Solaros & Lunaris Aurodian adem ppödd whenever i mald at this tier i think of yall and hate it slightly less, good friends. i wouldnt be playing this god forsaken metagame if it werent for yall.

airfare Gomi homies

ive got so many friends whove just made my time on this website better, i apologize if i forgot anyone but you all mean alot to me.

here is the importable: https://pokepast.es/0c4f2f7ab22303d2 thats all, whole lotta cotta out o/​
Wholesomecotta moment and :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)