Solar Vengeance (#1 on all major ladders)

Solar Vengeance
A sun team that's much more than your average by the Poké-BackRoom (Gamester, Oristeros, Gr8astard, Naixin, Sadfthadsf and a touch of help from Soviet)

Artwork by Naixin aka AznSeal
"Cause if we can't protect the sun, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it"

Introduction
Hello to everybody reading this. First off I'd like to give a disclaimer about the title of this RMT. By saying #1 on all major ladders I'm talking about the PO Beta Server, Smogon server before the move to PS, and the PS ladder. These are the most competitive battling ladders as far as I'm concerned. Second, I'd like to apologize for even putting the peak of #1 in the title. However, this is the best team I've built by far and I'd like it to get attention and I want the community's feedback on it. I'm not trying to brag or anything of the sort, I just happen to be rather proud of this team.

The name of the team derives from the fact Ninetales gets ironically "out-shined" by other weather inducers like Tyranitar and Politoed, however this team pulls off a deadly strategy other weathers could only dream of and thusly gets it's fiery vengeance.​

Team-Building Process

I started off by wanting to use what I consider the best sweeper in OU along with Gastrodon because of their fantastic synergy together and of course sun was obligatory to make Volcarona a true monster. I was unsure if anyone had ever actually gotten #1 using Volcarona but I wanted to make the team that would do it

I took this idea to my friend Oristeros (Solar Prominence) and from there we added the almighty Dugtrio to eliminate Heatran and Tyranitar and then Scarf Scizor to take care of Latios and other various threats. This version of the team showed plenty of potential but was still mediocre.

Scizor was more or less the weakest link failing to sufficiently revenge kill dragons so I added an HP Ice and Sunny Day Venusaur. This set really shined and I was beginning to see the beginning of a great team. Although the Latios weakness was a bit annoying.

BAM! This was it. This was the change that truly took the team to the next level. Wobbuffet + Dugtrio is an insane combo. You can simple encore + tickle things to -6 for Dugtrio to anihilate and it "revenged" latios which was great! I initially had safeguard but my good friend Ban Nattorei (soviet) pointed out the incredible utility in tickle. However you were forced to tediously switch to trap weather and dragons were still problematic.

As much I loved Claydol I no longer needed such a dedicated Terrakion check with Wobbtrio around. This change actually occurred via my good friend and incredible battler Gr8astard who always hates on all my hipster pokemon choices! He got about #8 with this version of the team in B&W1 (while simultaneously being #1 on the ladder)

With B&W2 out and Xatu getting Heat Wave and having U-turn I figured it would fit in perfectly. This was one of the only changes that made the team worse. FAR worse at that.

Going back to a modified Forretress set as well as going through series of different sets for every pokemon I settled back to these 6. This team has been growing since the beginning of summer and I started on it the same day I RMT'd Euthanasia. This is the longest it's taken for me to ever finalize a team but without a doubt it's my absolute best being so meticulously crafted.

But it turned out even after RMT'ing and all the time I had already spent more it could be improved! Victini over Volcarona worked brilliantly. With Venusaur becoming the main special sweeper the team took on new life. This version definitely surpasses what I initially RMT'd and was agree'd as the best version

(Gamester)[7/31/12 8:42:37 PM] Aye Bee: ok so do we agree on this as the best possible and final version?
(Gr8astard)[7/31/12 8:43:32 PM] Hugo: yeah.
(Oristeros) [7/31/12 8:43:34 PM] Oliver Zhang: yea
( Naixin ) [7/31/12 8:43:51 PM] Hey Napkin: yes.

Under the Light

Naixin (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 184 HP / 216 SDef / 108 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower

Set Explaination

Name: Naixin is the name of this Ninetales after a friend who both extensively helped with the team and essentially had a replica of this team created independently. Also has great musical taste.
Moves: The given set of moves aims to keep Ninetales alive as long as possible to win the weather war and is very difficult to set up on due to roar and will-o-wisp along with sun boosted flamethrowers. While Sunny Day can maintain momentum for you.
Item: Leftovers is the chosen item to maximize longevity
Evs: The ev's outspeed jolly Cloyster and Adamant Dragonite among other threats. And provide appreciable special bulk.
Role: Well obviously to set up the sun but also to bait and lure the opponent as well as cripple and phase when necessary. Doubles as a Special Wall of sorts.
Summary: Ninetales is amazing and my favorite weather starter please continue to underestimate him.

Gr8astard (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 220 Def / 40 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Set Explaination

Name: Since Forretress is on the team because of Gr8astard it's only right that it's named after him. In addition, with the way Forretress deceives people on this team you could indeed think of him as a great bastard!
Moves: I'm sure many people will look at this and think that's it's likely the most awkward set they've seen but it works brilliantly for this team being able to check everything that gives it trouble. Hp Ice for dragons and Gliscor, Volt switch for Gyarados and pivoting while Gyro Ball is reliable stab for things like Mamoswine and Terrakion and finally the ever important Rapid Spin!
Item: Leftovers here to increase Forretress's life span
Evs: The ev's provide fantastic physical bulk and enough special attack to 2hko Landorus and Salamence after Stealth Rock damage.
Role: Forretress does a bunch of useful stuff for this team. It's a Physical Wall, a Spinner and a fantastic Pivot into my trappers.
Summary: Throw Forretress at all problems that occur, he can fix them.

Ban Nattorei (Wobbuffet) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 Def / 208 SDef / 144 Spd
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Tickle
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Set Explaination

Name: I initially had safeguard on the set like a fool but Ban Nattorei wisely pointed out how useful Tickle would be instead and so this name goes to him.
Moves: Encore things trying to set up. Mirror Coat/Counter things trying to attack you. Tickle and Encore things to -6 for Dugtrio.
Item: Leftovers again! I bet you can't guess why! ;D
Evs: Wobbuffet can outspeed and encore Chansey and has enough bulk to survive basically anything.
Role: Revenge Killer of sorts. Eliminator of Politoed and other problem pokemon
Summary: WHY ISN'T WOBBUFFET OU?!?!!?

Oristeros (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 8 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 30 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Set Explaination

Name: Named after the person I first started building this team with. A good friend and great battler. Also partners well with Gr8astard :)
Moves: Stealth Rocks here because Forretress was busy dying for the sake of the team and also Dugtrio is more reliable in the sense Espeon and Xatu can't stop you and you out-speed most Taunt users. Earthquake and Reversal are standard but HP Ice is to prevent things like dragons and gliscors from setting up on you.
Item: Focus Sash because Dugtrio is ridiculously frail and needs the safety net.
Evs: Attack and Speed is all you need!
Role: Revenge Killer and Hazard Setter. Helps eliminate problem pokemon like Heatran and Tyranitar. Also is Wobbuffet's and Forretress's partner in crime.
Summary: Arena Trap makes Dugtrio a fantastic pokemon.

DevinTheDude (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 Atk / 172 SAtk / 180 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Set Explaination

Name: Named after another good friend and is another fantastic battler.
Moves: This is a rather unusual set. Mixed with no boosting moves. Well let me break it down, Solarbeam is your primary stab and it's strong for killing things. Earthquake is to catch Heatran and Infernape and Ninetales and Jirachi and other things off guard. Hidden Power Ice is to revenge kill all these pesky dragons and finally Sleep Powder is near-broken on Venusaur, you have blistering fast speed and good coverage along with the potential to eliminate basically any pokemon from the battle on a whim.
Item: Life Orb because this set doesn't boost offenses so the extra power is very needed
Evs: The ev's guarantee a 0hko on Heatran and outspeed Choice Scarf Latias and Latios the rest is in SpAtk for maximum power
Role: Revenge Killer and Mixed Sweeper
Summary: Venusaur in sun is really good and does lots of useful stuff.

Gamester (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Set Explaination

Name: Named after me because Victini is my favorite 5thgen pokèmon!
Moves: The set might look a touch weird but basically v-create is for wall-breaking while Flare Blitz allows you to run through a weakened team if you've kept rocks off the field. Zen Headbutt is for revenge killing fighting types and also has a little potential to sweep late game while u-turn scouts and allows for easy traps also forms a volt-turn combo with Forretress.
Item: Victini is scarf'd because he's already strong enough as is and the speed is very helpful
Evs: Speed and attack maxed to kill lots of stuff fast. An Adamant nature is here because until Genesect is released there's nothing to notable Victini doesn't out speed and speed-tying is a risk anyways.
Role: Wallbreaker, Lure, Sweeper.
Summary: Victini does an amazing job at killing stuff.

Closing Words
I hope you all like the team as much as I do. I urge you to try it out and share it with your friends if you do. I was rather hesitant on RMT'ing it as I have other teams I wanted to share but getting this out there will hopefully push me to have a new "best" team. I'd love to see what sort of improvements you guys think can be made and thank you all for reading this RMT!

Achievements
Gr8astard attained the #1 ladder position on PO beta, PO smogon (before the move), and the PS ladder through usage of this team.
To break it down the PS #1 was only this and my Salad Storm (rain) team, the old Smogon server #1 was this team and another rain team we made, the PO #1 was a mix of this team, Salad Storm, a rain team me and Gr8astard made and his sub Kyurem team

DevinTheDude used this for his last portion of his run to attaining 1802 on PO beta ladder
Noodlez won the wcop matches he used this team for.
I've personally got multiple accounts into the top 40 of PS and PO beta while just testing this team
And I'd have to say the biggest achievement is that this team is really fun to play! :D

Shout-Outs and Credits
Huge thanks to Naixin for helping with the team and the artwork and everything
Big thanks to Oristeros for helping build on the initial versions of this
Thanks to Soviet for the suggestion and etc
Thanks and shout out to Sadfthadsf for always being my right hand man in team-building
Thanks to JayJay for somewhat helping me pick a name? And just for being my homie.
Shouts out to DoomVendingMachine for being a huge homie.
Shout out to Darkoness21 for being chill and testing my teams
Shout out to Snowflakes for being around I guess :|
and finally
MASSIVE SHOUT OUT to GR8ASTARD for being a strong user and getting #1 everywhere utilizing this team in tandem with others I've worked on

Also thanks to Great Sage for removing all the pointless bickering on the RMT :]

P.S. If you like the team or borrow it at least give a Luvdisc if you really liked it then share it and don't forget to leave a team rate.

Importable
Naixin (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 184 HP / 216 SDef / 108 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower

Gr8astard (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 220 Def / 40 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Ban Nattorei (Wobbuffet) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 Def / 208 SDef / 144 Spd
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Tickle
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Oristeros (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 8 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 30 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Hidden Power [Ice]

DevinTheDude (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 152 Atk / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Gamester (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Flare Blitz
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't say anything too bad about this team. It's excellent. However, the one bad thing is that your Volcarona EV spread is wack. By that, I mean that it's missing a few EVs, and some are badly invested. I'd recommend changing your Volcarona's EV spread to 128 HP / 142 Def / 96 SpA / 144 Spe. It's virtually the same spread, but you get a bonus point in Defense, which, while mostly irrelevant, is better than nothing.

Nitpicks:

130 HP / 138 Def / 96 SpA / 144 Spe ----> 128 HP / 142 Def / 96 SpA / 144 Spe

With that being said, good luck with this great team. Luvdisc earned for sure.

Great team.

Anyways, 2 things.

1) You know that I personally run

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

I like the bulky spread because it prevents dumb things like critical hit bullet punch, aqua jet, extreme speed, etc from killing you. The 60 speed is there to outrun Tornadus T after a QD. Sadly, I wish mono attacker would work but it doesnt.

2) I really like the drawing =P

Looks like you have crafted another original team, Gamestar.
Great use of the trapping Pokemon.

I've actually faced this team on ladder but Whoever was using it was horrible. Double switching is probably this teams biggest weakness. But also it is it's biggest strength due to the duo trappers.
I'm sure in the hands of a competent battler this is a fantastic team though.

I would say I'm going to test this team out but OU is by far the most boring tier and I'm too busy holding a high spot on the little cup and uu ladder.
Have to play some OU eventually though and I'll be sure to tell you what I think.
Congrats!

Yeah I remember one of my hail teams getting completely destroyed by this on the ladder, it's a great build and especially wrecks teams which rely on a few standard Sun counters like Heatran and Terrakion. DDNite with Extremespeed could be problematic but that's true for all offensive Sun teams. I personally hate Solarbeam on Venusaur, even with your two trappers making it easier to eliminate other weather, but if it's working for you then by all means stick with it.

I think that's all there is to say, congratulations on making another fantastic team.

No time for an actual rate, but isn't roost better on volcarona now that it can get it?

Anyways, nice team as always, and the pictures are pretty awesome. Avengers ftw :)

Indeed you do have many good teams.

Having seen/used/battled many variations of this team, I would have to say LO on Venu severely limits his impact in game. More times than not, the Lefties variants I've seen have been more useful than the LO sets (especially when he's your main switchin for Rain teams + VoltTurn teams). Also I think Fire Blast was really handy at times on Volc. Ofc it would be nice for Spikes on Forre but its pretty hard when he's your primary switchin to Dragon types, maybe over Gyro Ball?

Nice team.

@Trinitrotoluene - yea that was just something that happened when I moved the team over to ps and I didn't bother checking ev's but thank you sir :]

@AznSeal - I know but a spread like that would seem like the team isn't giving rona as much support imo. This team is totally focused on letting Volcarona do whatever it wants whenever it wants.

@Gone to the beach - Thank you again kind sir I really appreciate it! I hope you do try it it's an absolute blast.

@Bubbly - Thank you :] Your hail team seemed rather well-built or at least the one you rmt'd and I can imagine this team was quite a pain to face.

@Max212 - Not really I basically always win the weather war and the extra hp recovery is useful sometimes but thanks lol.

@Dezza Laa - Thank you sir, Venusaur is definitely not my main switch in to anything ever lol. If you're seeing somebody do that they're playing the team wrong. The team is very fast paced there is no time to be laying hazards. And Fire Blast is useful in very rare situations considering how the team is built but it's always gonna be a trade off I just hated losing to misses. Once again thanks for the rate.

Great team Gamester -Ninetales & Wobbuffet need more love.

Small nitpick; while it's relatively inconsequential with Dugtrio's non-existent defenses, why the Hasty nature & SpAtk ev's if your not running a special attack? (I'm assuming you ran HP-Ice at some point)

Great team Gamester -Ninetales & Wobbuffet need more love.

Small nitpick; while it's relatively inconsequential with Dugtrio's non-existent defenses, why the Hasty nature & SpAtk ev's if your not running a special attack? (I'm assuming you ran HP-Ice at some point)
I think he does it to get more damage from things like ttar and make more damage with reversal

It is fantastic to see originals teams that work well on the ladder. Congrats

Looks like you have crafted another original team, Gamestar.
Great use of the trapping Pokemon.

I've actually faced this team on ladder but Whoever was using it was horrible. Double switching is probably this teams biggest weakness. But also it is it's biggest strength due to the duo trappers.
I'm sure in the hands of a competent battler this is a fantastic team though.

I would say I'm going to test this team out but OU is by far the most boring tier and I'm too busy holding a high spot on the little cup and uu ladder.
Have to play some OU eventually though and I'll be sure to tell you what I think.
Congrats!
Exactly my thoughts. It is a very good team but needs good prediction and switching. I must have faced a bad battler but my air ballon heatran (with fireblast/earth power/hp rock/SR) was a big problem for this team just spamming fireblast and switching to the appropriate move if they switch (it has an offensive EV spread on a weatherless HO team and hp rock over ice for volcarona because i hate her and it's not like pseudo-edgequake - plus fire- coverage is bad).

I don't like wobbuffet especially when your spread is cleanly OHKOed by U-turn on CB scizor. You may want to change that so you nail the switch with counter.

I'm also not sure about the Ninetails set. I've never been a fan of specially defensive ninetails without air balloon especially with so little speed and no ground immunity in the team. Things like jolly LO mamoswine can just EQ and both wobbuffet and dugtrio are 2hKOed. Then forry can be somewhat overburdened as a spinner and defensive wall without recovery.

Sorry for my shitty rate not giving alternatives but I haven't made any sun team yet.

Hey dude, this is a very cool team. I hope you don't mind me using it as I've enjoyed making other people rage using it on Pokemon Showdown ^_^

One Pokemon that's caused problems for me was Hydreigon. Its dark typing allows it to hit Wobbufett with strong Draco Meteors while levitate prevents it to be trapped by DUgtrio. Venusaur's Hidden Power often times could not take it out either, allowing it to sweep the rest of the team.

I probably don't play as good as you however and you probably would have done more skillful switches/etc. :) So if you don't consider it a threat then you're good.

If I could make one recommendation, I would switch LO on Venusaur for Leftovers. He hit enough for me as is and Leftovers increased it's longevity a lot more.

All in all very cool team, I look forward to your future ones!

Hey dude, this is a very cool team. I hope you don't mind me using it as I've enjoyed making other people rage using it on Pokemon Showdown ^_^

One Pokemon that's caused problems for me was Hydreigon. Its dark typing allows it to hit Wobbufett with strong Draco Meteors while levitate prevents it to be trapped by DUgtrio. Venusaur's Hidden Power often times could not take it out either, allowing it to sweep the rest of the team.

I probably don't play as good as you however and you probably would have done more skillful switches/etc. :) So if you don't consider it a threat then you're good.

If I could make one recommendation, I would switch LO on Venusaur for Leftovers. He hit enough for me as is and Leftovers increased it's longevity a lot more.

All in all very cool team, I look forward to your future ones!
Usually, what i'd do is send in Ninetales/Forretress to take the draco meteor. If it's choiced, go to volc and set up.

As a pivot forretress will most definitely draw a fire move (especially with the sun up) so would it not be good to have a flash fire user?

I'm just a bewbie but dugtrio not used as a lead seems pretty risky. If you switch into a damaging move your Sash will be broken and you might not be fast enough to set up a stealth rock afterwards. Also it means you don't have a reusable hazard setter to combat rapid spinners

My only question is who do you send in for the trick leads such as rotom-w or when you predict one of the Lati@s with trick?

Wow, this is an incredible team, you seem to have crafted this with a ton of care and analytical thinking. Your achievements show it!

Two quick changes:

Replace Dugtrio's Reversal with Sucker Punch, because it helps with the revenge killing, and any sun team already murders Ferrothorn if that is what you were worried about.

Second, change Venusaur's nature from Naive to Hasty because it is more important for it to take special hits than physical ones.

P.S. I agree Volcarona is the top special sweeper in OU but I use it on rain teams :) Great work!

Wow, this is an incredible team, you seem to have crafted this with a ton of care and analytical thinking. Your achievements show it!

Two quick changes:

Replace Dugtrio's Reversal with Sucker Punch, because it helps with the revenge killing, and any sun team already murders Ferrothorn if that is what you were worried about.

Second, change Venusaur's nature from Naive to Hasty because it is more important for it to take special hits than physical ones.

P.S. I agree Volcarona is the top special sweeper in OU but I use it on rain teams :) Great work!
Reversal is needed because a EQ+Reversal at 1 HP kills bulky toad after 2 tickles from wobb. Reversal is also able to kill scarf terrakion after they break the sash if wobb is weak.

Also, i'd disagree on Venusaur because taking bullet punch, mach punch, and ice shard is extremely important since you'll outspeed most special attackers anyways and can sleep powder

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Reversal is needed because a EQ+Reversal at 1 HP kills bulky toad after 2 tickles from wobb. Reversal is also able to kill scarf terrakion after they break the sash if wobb is weak.

Also, i'd disagree on Venusaur because taking bullet punch, mach punch, and ice shard is extremely important since you'll outspeed most special attackers anyways and can sleep powder
Regarding Venusaur, I think he's saying that taking special hits is more important because it is the team's only water resist. However due to the trapping nature of the team, Venusaur shouldn't really need to take those hits before the weather war is won. That is pretty much the same reason as why it still has Solarbeam over Giga Drain. Unlike most other sun teams that have to double switch to Venusaur when facing Politoed, this Venusaur is generally kept hidden before the coast is clear for it to inflict damage.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Yet again a wonderful Gamester. Congratulations on the fabulous peeks, but I have one suggestion: Try Giga Drain over Solarbeam. With BW 2, Venusaur can finally use his buffed, healing STAB. This will help him to last longer and it makes you a little less sun-dependant. That's only a minor note. And nice drawing!

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The biggest problem with this team is obviously Volcarona. That thing can set up on pretty much every except your own Volcarona and 6-0 you flat. I guess the only thing you can really do is make sure it doesn't set up, or putting it to sleep with Venusaur ASAP. I don't know what would be a good change without changing your team, unfortunately, unless running Volcarona without Rapid Spin is your piece of cake (I definitely wouldn't recommended), in which you could then replace Forretress or something.

Otherwise, I am very glad to see that I'm not the only one running WobbTrio around here. Great team.

nice team... I do have a question tho
who do you normally switch into politoed? since specs toed cleanly 2hkos wobbu, and none of your pokes wants to take a hit rly
I find it hard to switch into attacks in general.

I don't understand why you decided to go mixed with Venusaur. Everything that you want to hit with Earthquake is already smacked around by Dugtrio, and you give a well played Offensive NP Celebi a bit of an opening since HP Ice isn't going to be doing too much (you can't speed tie with it either cause of Volc's spread). I would consider going full special with Sludge Bomb, just so you can hit everything as hard as possible with Solarbeam and HP Ice as well (maybe even consider Giga Drain over Solarbeam? I know it's weaker, but it's much more reliable).

Really cool team though, hard enough to find that many weaknesses, though you don't have too much that wants to take a Specs Hurricane from Tornadus (T or regular) Luvdisc'd

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
who do you normally switch into politoed? since specs toed cleanly 2hkos wobbu, and none of your pokes wants to take a hit rly
He just sacrifices his least valuable member, and then ohkoes with Wobb. I guess he mostly sacs Foretress, or Dugtrio if he sees a SR setter and wants to keep Forretress for later. Dugtrio is really expendable after you win the weather war anyway...

Nice team btw, i can't find any real weakness except Volcarona. Shed Shell Ttar destroys this team, but it is rare (good stall players use Shed Shell on valuable team members a lot though), and you can't really do anything about it.

If specs toad switches in, you can sac someone and kill with wobb or kill with eq+reversal from Dugtrio.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Someone used this vs me in frontier, and I used my own sun team. I fucking wrecked them like 5-0. LolxD

Grats on the success tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)