SS LC Solid team (29-1 85.7 GXE in suspect ladder drifloon)

Hey guys, Im so happy to show you all my team that I used to take reqs (by smart phone LOL im crazy ye), as you can see in the drifloon suspect thread I got it with 29-1 (lost by hax sigh) with 85,7 gxe.
So firstly I wanted to build something good who benefited in the ladder. I thought about cutiefly webs + corphish.

The team:
1577917121304.png

Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Reflect / Light Screen / Quiver Dance
- Psychic

This is the goat cutiefly with sweb + psy for mareanie you can choose between Reflect, Light Screen or qdance (I prefer Reflect or Light). Sash is really solid for scarfers like farfe or boosting priorities like sd corp or just for diglett trap or drifloon (without item).

1577917527810.png

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Standard Wallbreaker set in core with sweb cutiefly, in this gen it is really strong, really good for pressuring ferro, rapid spinners like drilbur, for lax, koffing mareanie, oddish (so cutie can psy), for setters that give problems about the sash like onix, mudbray, dwebble, checking fire mons, all mons that give problems to cutie so this is a good and solid core.

1577917993101.png

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

After that, I wanted a good setter that could check fly like vulla and electrics and fire also, so onix was the best choice. Goat set with ddance + head smash + sr, nothing else to say.

1577918178435.png

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Recycle

This is really strong in gen8, It checks cutiefly and drifloon, so it is good. I put that for these two, chinchou, mareanie, spritzee, vulpix, oddish, ponyta-galar and snover.
At first it was facade but after a lot of matches definitely I preferred dedge, it is better to abuse with bjuice. For the ability you can try with pickup (never used it but seems nice), fpunch for ferro and ghosts.

1577918542553.png

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog
- Thunder Punch

I needed a good defogger good against lax, trappers, status absorber(mareanie), darks like pawn, ferro and shell smashers like shellder or dwebble, checking farfe, pressuring vullaby, an entry for ground moves, with a good priority, so timburr was perfect. Guts for scalds and tpunch for mareanie, corphish, frillish, wingull.

1577919034344.png

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Lastly I wanted something good against waters like Corphish, shellder, Mareanie, wingull but principally for fights like farfe, timburr, also good against spritzee and cutiefly, vulpix, salandit so Mareanie is the way. Maybe you can change tspikes with haze, I choosed that because the idea of using tspikes with corp and cutie was cool, but it is also cool to use it with haze imo.

In conclusion:

As you can see from the score, the team is really solid, I had some difficulties against croagunk and guts bu timburr so maybe with haze mareanie you can still take them, also switcher + trapper is a bit problematic like chou + trapinch or wingull + trapinch but never seen that in ladder, also oddish is annoying so maybe with haze mareanie is better against this mon (you can take the growth set with lax, koffing it with corp and you have psy cutie, for the strenght set you have mareanie and lax just pp stall that). Hf with it

Also idk if people want but I really like building teams and so maybe I have to open a thread building teams for others as a request or just showing my teams (a lot of good and gimmick teams), idk let me know.

Replays:
I won a game against boulicrok (lcds ldlc) that was really nice but I dont remember my alt LOL so rip
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1037631153-h4harpm1z8ofw2buu0mawk63ssfpnccpw
vs chou + trap
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1038550098-4wsz3mjqau7iimlccciyglfk7vmgluupw
this game was really hard, the same structure as the previous replay but with timburr, a big gg.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1033960244
I was mad about hax vs flame orb timburr with facade literally unexpected and haxing farfe btw won yeah
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1033968023-isdvg72dcu1nhyzemlyp2cizouw06ihpw
hazards + floon + corp this was before the change with dedge.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1033978555-kx1kyejdn9o8s7jrmwfn27azh1i9dzbpw
rematch still won
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1033981600-jrdd0p6m77rbjp60jpw34l9z60mqws9pw
webs vs webs, corp vs corp cool
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1034264491-n5445sk3czunb6ljr7jafrutc1ivfo3pw
vs sd drilbur + nplot vulla

ETT:
Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Onix @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Recycle

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog
- Thunder Punch

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

S/O:
Sealette for testing and being cute with me top guy <3
TheRam for testing and being cute with me MY BRO <3

Any type of advice is more than appreciated. Love you guys :heart:

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hey man,

This is a really cool team you've got here and based on the reqs you've got and I believe a couple of people also got similar results with the exact same team, I think that speaks a lot. I'm also looking forward to seeing this team spammed on ladder, should make it a little more enjoyable for everyone. That said though. I feel like there's a couple of changes that can be made to this team to improve some matchups.

Major Change:

:drifloon: > :corphish:
One of the main things I noticed about this team is that there's no ground immunity, meaning that if someone sets toxic spikes in front of mareanie, then one of your teammates is forced to be poisoned. Considering you've got 2 ground weaks in Mareanie and Onix and your only resist is Cutiefly, which doesn't really appreciate switching into anything. Drifloon provides you with said ground immunity, as well as provides you with a spinblocker which is pretty nice on webs. Also Hex Drifloon really appreciates the Toxic Spikes set by Mareanie, and it improves your matchup against Oddish, which is pretty obnoxious for this team right now.

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 160
EVs: 84 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Thunderbolt

Minor Changes

:onix:
Only real change here is to remove the 36 EVs in defense. The only reason why they're initially placed there in the DD Head Smash set is so that Body Press does more damage. Otherwise it's more ideal to put 76 EVs into Special Defense so that you reach an even number there, meaning that you're able to utilize your eviolite more effectively.

Onix @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 72 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

:timburr:
This one is optional really but I feel like you'd be more consistent with Iron Fist and more offensive EVs (Unless there's some sort of benchmark that you gain from the extra SpD. While you can comfortably 2HKO Mareanie when you're statused with the current set that you've got, Mareanie can comfortably recover on you until it statuses you. Another benchmark is that you have a 50% chance to OHKO physical sets, a small chance to OHKO special sets and a guaranteed OHKO on both after Stealth Rock damage, whereas the current set only has a 6.3% chance to OHKO Drifloon after Stealth Rock Damage. Also with Drifloon + Toxapex, you're less reliant on a status absorber and Timburr ultimately prefers to be burned rather than worn down by poison with Guts.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog
- Thunder Punch

I've had a lot of fun with this team, both with and without the changes. I've provided an importable of the team with its changes below. Hope you have fun with the team with its changes :) (At least until Floon gets banned)

Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

Onix @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Recycle

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog
- Thunder Punch

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 160
EVs: 84 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hex
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
I don’t think that floon is better than corphish in this team, cuz without corphish I’m weaker to onix, mudbray and drilbur, dwebble and also shellder + dwebble and also corphish. Corphish is so important in this team for its priority and for checking grounds and it is the only wall breaker, the only koffer and sweeper in the team so I will not change it. I really didn’t have problems against grounds and also I don’t think that oddish is a problem ye it’s annoying but not a problem. Also for onix I need 36 in def for checking better vulla and rufflet and also I can take better priorities like mpunch and ajet, this is important if they are in range, I don’t need spdef investments, I have munchlax for that. For timburr He must be more defensive to switch in onix and drilbur and I need a status absorber for mareanie. Tspikes mareanie are annoying but I have mareanie + guts timburr and also Onix, also If I put on sweb your mareanie is lower and I can simply switch my mareanie in munchlax and after I can put again my mareanie and bb tspike. Also I can pressure it with koff Corp and psychic cutiefly so I don’t think it’s a problem if you play and plan well.

Last edited:

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Very interesting team, usually players go for HO when using Sticky Web, but instead you went with a bulkier route which gives you a lot of flexibility. Have any of the moves in the third slot of your Cutiefly been useful ? If not I'd recommend Bug Buzz which does some nice chip to Ferro leads, so that Corphish has an easier time breaking.

Ye reflect and light are cool to boost better corphish, onix and munchlax, also to take better priorities like vacuum wave, ajet, sucker punch and mpunch. Reflect is also nice for farfe, bu timburr and grounds like eq trappers. Light is good against croagunk, oddish. I prefer reflect and I don’t like qdance in this team, but ye bug buzz is nice but only against ferro and ponyta-galar imo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)