Solrock

QC: / /
GP: /

Overview
########
  • Has a pretty good Attack stat which prevents it from being set up bait but can also hit opponents hard.
  • Decent defenses, both physically and specially, and these defenses are backed up by an okay HP stat.
  • Good ability in Levitate, which gives Solrock an immunity to Ground-type attacks it would normally be weak to.
  • Unique typing in Rock / Psychic, it gives a lot of resistances but it also has plenty of weaknesses.
  • Solrock has a pretty wide movepool, however, it only includes limited usable options for it.
  • Faces competition from other Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Seismitoad with better bulk, Solrock's niches are Levitate and recovery.

Defensive Stealth Rock
########
name: Defensive Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Morning Sun
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Stone Edge
ability: Levitate
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========

• Stealth Rock is an entry hazard which factors Rock weaknesses and hurts opponent on the switch in.
  • Morning Sun is a form of recovery for Solrock and thus helps it to check several Pokemon better.
  • Will-O-Wisp induces burn, and with that, it cripples most physical attackers by halving their Attack stat.
  • Stone Edge has decent power and has great coverage, and also prevents Solrock from being Taunt bait.

Set Details
========

• Levitate is Solrock's only ability, but provides much utility because of it granting Solrock an immunity to Ground.
  • Leftovers give Solrock passive recovery alongside Morning Sun, increasing Solrock's longevity a small bit.
  • The HP and Special Defense investment avoids the 2HKO from Mega Camerupt's Hidden Power Grass after Leftovers recovery.
  • The remaining 44 EVs are dumped into Solrock's Defense, giving it an easier time against physical attackers.

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

**Fast Taunt Users**:

**Ghost-types**:

**Dark-types**:

**Grass-types**:

**Steel-types**:

**Water-types**:

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Solrock makes for a shaky check to Fire-types in general, as it can face 2HKOes from the likes of LO Magmortar's Fire Blast + HP Grass and Specs Typhlosion's Eruptions, both after SR damage. It can respond to Mega Camerupt, but those with Will-O-Wisp can turn the tables back on Solrock instead, pressuring it to heal or get 2HKOed, all while doing pitiful damage in return. Lunatone makes for a better pick if one wants a (much more reliable) Fire stop that can still stop Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros.

While Solrock handles those Normal-types better due to its access to burn, in addition to Flying-types such as Swellow and Stone Edge Archeops, there are obviously much better choices for Normal + Flying stops (such as Mega Steelix, Rhydon, Carracosta, etc...), and Solrock does not respond well enough to Fire-types to warrant its use over them.

It sadly doesn't manage to achieve the desired middle ground between Lunatone and traditional Normal + Flying stops. Sorry for this, but QC Reject 1/3 from me.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your Overview says nothing I couldn't just get from looking at the dex, you can already see its stats and movepool and ability. You need to talk more about what Solrock actually does in the meta as opposed to its stats.

Your Overview says nothing I couldn't just get from looking at the dex, you can already see its stats and movepool and ability. You need to talk more about what Solrock actually does in the meta as opposed to its stats.
Will expand in the overview tomorrow :] However, is it worth it? Idk if it will be rejected.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I dont think there's anything a Solrock can do that Lunatone can't do better due to it's better stat distribution.
In sky battles it's a cool check to Talonflame :pirate:

QC reject ?/3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)