Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Mind Blown
- Trick​

Blacephalon with specs is a beast and possibly the star of the team, most Pokemon in the tier, especially the stall types dont resist shadow ball and it is the most spammable move, flamethrower is useful for ferrothorn and scizor and mind blown is there to clean up bulkier pokemon when blacephalons usefulness in a game is used up. trick is for chansey/ blissey and any other support pokemon that dont like being locked into one move. Blaceph appreciates it when heatran is already weakened or damaged enough that he can clean it with one shadow ball. I frequently switch in on faster pokemon to try and bluff scarf and usually pick up a KO or two off of it. This Pokemon has the potential to sweep whole teams, especially slower stall/ Bulky teams after a beast boost or two.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough​

A standard mawile set I brought over from other teams, basicallly an all out attacker as mawile can 1v1 most mons in the tier. Swords dance is perfect for coming in on physcial attackers and setting up, Sucker punch is an insanely strong priority move thats necessary for the set and play rough punishes most neutral switch ins, Ice punch OHKO's Lando/zygarde/gliscor and most flying pokemon who try to switch in at +2.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Crabhammer

Crawdaunt is mainly here to revenge kill Weakened pokemon with aqua jet and knock items with knock off, this Mon hits insanely hard and should be used mainly against bulky slow pokemon and to knock items off of pokemon that frequently switch in to crawdaunt such as Bulu, toxapex zapdos and ferrothorn.
superpower is there for blissey/chansey and bulky ttar, crab hammer is used over aqua jet against healthier opponents.

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide​

I lead 95% of games with lando to get up rocks and then if im faster fire off an earthquake or explode on pokemon that can threaten my team. i frequently switch out on 1 HP to save an intimidate for later and I keep rock slide as flying Pokemon like to switch in on lando. Most teams plan on facing lando every single game so the focus sash definetely helps avoid being OHKO'd. This Pokemon sole purpose is to get up rocks and Hopefully trade 1 for 1 with another mon.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Defog​

Kartana with scarf can revenge kill almost anything and can frequently pick up 3 or 4 KO's, smart strike threatens fairies, sacred swords ensures heatran cant switch in and leaf blade is there for the annoying water ground types such as Mega swampert and quagsire and also hippowdon which many teams run now and 56% chance to OHKO mega gyardos after rocks. Defog is unexpected and works well on kartana as its not effected by t spikes or weak to rocks and is usually faster than the opposing pokemon.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt​
I run a mixed kyurem that destroys most teams after blacephalon and kartana clean up all the fairies and steel types. Kyurem typically comes in late and spams outrage. fusion bolt is useful for celesteela and pelliper and covers for the lack of fast electric pokemon on the team, earth power is necessary as lando is usually a suicide lead and im left without earth coverage and ice beam is kyurems best form of ice stab available. 184 speed is enough to beat jolly mega lopunny.

What needs work

this team so far has carried me (a very average player) up to the mid 1500's in a day, im looking for advice on what I can change to carry the team much higher into the ladder.

https://pokepast.es/e56bcf4186be78af

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Oculars , cool Offense team. I want to support your cleaner in Kartana and wallbreakers in Crawdaunt, Mawile and Blacephalon as much as possible with this rate. I want to also add a defensive backbone while maintaining an offensive feel to the team so that big threats, namely Zygarde and Greninja, don't immediately plow through the team.

Major Changes

> Kyurem-Black

Your team struggles with stuff like Zygarde, Greninja-Ash, Tapu Lele, etc. Bulu soft checks the latter. Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black, though I see the intention behind it here, doesn't really offer all too much and feels redundant alongside Scarf Kartana. Bulu's Grassy Terrain can heal your teammates and assists Kartana in its late-game cleans by boosting its Leaf Blade. The SpDef set offers some utility and offensive presence.
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Bulk Up here also helps with Mega Lopunny among other physical attackers.

Minor Changes

Rock Tomb / Swords Dance > Rock Slide

• Rock Tomb slows down Tornadus-Therian to ensure that Landorus will keep its Stealth Rock on the field. It does decent damage to Torn as well.
  • Swords Dance offers powerful Earthquakes or Explosions to fire off at the opponent after setting up Stealth Rock. Even resists will take heavy damage from a +2 Explosion, such as Celesteela (be weary of Protect).

Knock Off > Ice Punch

• Knock Off on Mawile allows it to heavily damage Toxapex at +2, which is great to support Blacephalon and Scarf Kartana. Knock also provides overall neutral coverage that is more valuable than the OHKO on certain Ground-types, especially with Tapu Bulu's addition.

Yo. I've been playing around with this team since either yesterday or 2 days ago. (I forgot :P)
(This is my second rating, so please forgive me if I do terrible.)
Since I tend to have lengthy explanations, TL;DR will be in bold.

Anyways, there are some major threats I've found.

Celesteela is a major threat. Leech Seed, Protect, and Substitute can bring even Blacephalon to its knees. To counter this, I'd like to change Kyurem-B to Zapdos.
1544906950457.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

252 SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 200-236 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celesteela: 158-188 (39.6 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Assuming Zapdos is faster, Zapdos can possibly outspeed and KO Celesteela with Thunderbolt or Heat Wave
.[/hide]

But since there are two Flying-types, I present to you: Garchomp. I'd recommend Garchomp > Landorus-T.

1544906986973.png

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Roar/Stone Edge (Whichever you feel like)

Garchomp functions as a lead. Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet is there to hurt the opponent should they choose to make contact. Outrage and Earthquake are there to punch holes in the opposing team once rocks are up, so your late-game sweepers (Kartana and the next Pokemon I am about to suggest) can clean up.

Crawdaunt is strong, but slow. Your team could use a speedy sweeper. Besides: If you take my ideas, you have 2 special attackers and 4 physical attackers. I bring to you... Ash-Greninja > Crawdaunt to ensure that the physical:special ratio is 1:1

1544907047751.png

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Cannon/Whatever you feel like
- Dark Pulse

This moveset provides you with a Z-Move user. Now, let me get one thing straight: unless you are upgrading it to a Z-move, HYDRO CANNON SHOULD NEVER BE USED. It renders you trapped and unable to do anything the next turn. Hydro Pump is a nice alternative to Scald, should you need the extra power, but Scald gives you a chance to burn.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Celesteela is a major threat. Leech Seed, Protect, and Substitute can bring even Blacephalon to its knees.
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Celesteela: 356-422 (89.6 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
After rocks, this is an OHKO. A much more simple change there could've been Fire Blast > Mind Blown, which OHKOs Celesteela unlike Flamethrower. Even then Celesteela does not run Protect, Leech Seed, and Substitute on the same set, as this would let Steel-types that it normally beats 1v1 it (ie Kartana, SD / Curse Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)