SS OU Specs Toxtricity Mixed Garchomp balance (Peaked 1575)

Proof Of Peak

Screenshot_20211013-171725_Chrome.jpg

Introduction
Hi its me kvk back with yet another RTM this time featuring a powerful breaker in specs Toxtricity. Without further ado let's get right into it

The Team And PokePaste
:ss/Toxtricity: :sm/tapu lele: :ss/urshifu::ss/corviknight: :sm/garchomp: :sm/heatran:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/eb09325db77d940c

The Sets And Their Explanation

:ss/Toxtricity: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

This is a classic specs Toxtricity set with maximum investment in speed and special attack to hit as hard as possible while also outspeeding upto 92 speed defensive :sm/Landorus-Therian: Overdrive for stab and a strong move which leaves a dent in anything not named ferrothorn,Boomburst is to hit the ground types that try to come in on overdrive, Sludge wave is chosen as its secondary stab and last but not least, the momentum grabbing Volt Switch

:ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

This again is a classic set utilising Choice Band on urshifu with a simple set of Surging Strikes which is a very strong move capable of 2hkoing a lot of different mons,Close combat as its the secondary stab of fighting which let's it demolish the likes of :sm/ferrothorn: and friends, Aqua Jet for revenge killing volcarona as well as a decent check to blaziken and finally U-Turn for momentum. As you can see urshifu and Toxtricity pair up very well for their VoltTurn spam

:sm/Tapu Lele: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

And finally Tapu Lele, the form of speed control chosen for the team to revenge kill with likes of dragapult and zeraora and a very good late game sweeper in general, boasting a strong dual stab of moonblast and Psychic (and Psyshock being able to get past :ss/Slowking-Galar:) with the last move being Focus Blast again..to wreck the steel types that try to swap in on lele such as heatran and ferrothorn,Max speed and max spatk with a Modest Nature let's lele hit quite hard while still outspeeding zerora and dragapult

:ss/Corviknight: @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

And for the team's physically defensive steel type I went with corviknight which is such a consistent mon which staves off a variety of threats ranging from garchomp to kartana and everything in between, max hp and max physdef with Impish Nature allows corviknight to wall a large portion of the metagame quite comfortably. It's the standard defog pivot set with Roost Brave bird defog and U-turn

:sm/Heatran: @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Protect

and as the specially defensive mon on the team I went with heatran which forms a nice duo steel core with corviknight (the physically defensive counterpart) heatran is used on the team to sponge hits from the likes of Tapu lele,koko,dragapult etc. 8 speed allows it to outspeed 140 speed magnezone while the rest are dumped into spdef and hp to take ranged hits better,

:sm/Garchomp: @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab

and last but not least The ground type of the team,garchomp. I went with the mixed set which allows it to bait in and destroy ferrothorn, corviknight opening up Toxtricity and Tapu Lele respectively, with a simple set of stealth rock,Earthquake, fire blast,poison Jab (for fini) this thing provides a ton of utility in the form of a heatran check, a stealth rocker etc.

Team Building Process:
to put it bluntly I wanted to use :Toxtricity: as it has been a hot minute since I've used one and especially the specs set being an absolute nuke....with Toxtricity being able to volt Switch out I decided to go with a nice VoltTurn duo with :urshifu-rapid strike: and Toxtricity....and then I needed a stealth rocker to put even more pressure on the opponent by spamming Volt Switch and U Turn respectively And it was a choice between garchomp and Landorus-Therian, I went with garchomp as it can bait in checks and destroy them with fire blast notably corviknight. After a while I noticed that the combo gets blocked by chomp and lando t and hence added :corviknight: as a mean to check them as well as other physical threats such as kartana,rillaboom,etc. And then I realised that I had no means of revenge killing dragapult and that it comes in and clicks shadow ball repeatedly and wins the game and so :tapu lele: and :heatran: were chosen where the former as the means of revenge killing pult and other threats while the latter to take its hits and act as a good sponge against lele,volcarona etc.

Final Thoughts:overall I really like this team (as with every team that I made) and its super fun to just see opposing landorus swapping in and get obliterated by boomburst....keep in mind that boomburst does more damage than overdrive on a neutral target.Let me know your thoughts on how the team is and if you would make any changes to make it even better and I will try implementing them. Peace!

Specs Toxtricity is legit. But might I suggest Snarl on Tox over Sludge Wave?

Boomburst is already going to thump any fairies or grass types, so poison coverage isn’t really needed, especially when you also have Heatran and PJ on Chomp. The trade off is that Snarl let’s you OHKO Dragapult on switch in and 2HKO Glowking, as well as nail the other rare electric resistant/immune ghosts like Shedninja, Dhelmise, Golurk, and Lightningrod Marowak-A, which would otherwise be checks.

Hitting Shedninja is ESPECIALLY important because Lele and Urshifu can’t touch it at all. The team as is in an auto-lose to Shedninja stall with a Heatran counter (like SS Toxapex), since none of your breakers can do any work.

Otherwise, nice team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)