Spex Gene wreks

Spex Gene wreks
an RMT by Alexander

Introduction:

Ok so I decided to post this because even if Genesect is gone, RMT needed a consistent RMT with it and I think this team is worthy. I have built it with Lord Elyis around January and we both got some good results with it (he used it several times to get 1800 points and I got around 1700 as well). It's based on Specs Genesect as the title suggests, which can destroy teams without so much problem, especially because people didn't expect it if they didn't know the team. It has never used so much in tournaments because after he was used in ladder, most of the people knew that and it would have lost it's efficacy. Said that, let's see the teams in detail!​

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Aegislash was chosen for the useful resistances it would've brought and to check things like Deoxys-S, opposing Genesect etc. Pretty standard set though, nothing else to add I guess. Flash Cannon instead of Sacred Sword would be a good idea because of the Clefable weakness, which is so annoying for the team x_x,. It was also here to have a sort of check for Mega Lucario and to Thundurus as well which could be very annoying otherwise. Fortunately, it with Conkelduur usually blocked out both Lucario and Thundurus.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W gives at the team an important resistance to Water-type and a check for Talon and Pinsir too. EVs in Speed are to outspeed Jolly BD Azumarill which would otherwise be a serious problem for the team. Wisp is here to burn mons like Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Azumarill, Tyranitar and everything who fears it, Volt Switch to gives momentum to the team, Hydro Pump to hit things like Talon /Heatran etc and Pain Split to recover some HP when needed. What a sick mon anyway, but it's useful though :(

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake

THE CHOMP IS HERE!!! It gives Stealth Rock to the team and Sword Dance is useful against Stall / Balanced teams. The item can be changed to Life Orb to 2HKO Clefable on the switch, which is as already said, a bitch for this team but Yache Berry can be helpful against things like Thundurus so yeah. If you don't like Sword Dance, Fire Blast could be an option as well to hit things like Skarmory / Ferrothorn harder but I personally prefer Sword Dance for the possibility to do lot of damages after that. Also, it allows to lure Mega Tyranitar's counters better.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

AV Conk is so good srly. It was the Luke check of the team with Aegislash and together they beat Lucario most of the time. Drain Punch is to hit hard and to recover some HP at the same time, Mach Punch for priority (helpful for Luke for example), Knock Off is just too good to take off some items (that was useful against Stall teams mainly) and Ice Punch for Gliscor, Landorus-T and Thundurus mainly. It was also the team's Rotom-W counter thanks to AV and Guts.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch​

Mega Tyranitar is so ridiculously strong and at the time, teams weren't prepared at all against it, that made it even more threatening. It has the bulk to setup (it takes about 80% from Exca's EQ to make an example) and it has a good coverage in order to be a very good late game sweeper. Jolly nature is to outspeed pretty everything bar Choice Scarf users after 1 DD. Stone Edge instead of Ice Punch is a good thing to try to hit Mandibuzz mainly but since it isn't a big problem (it loses from both Rotom-W and Genesect) and since I prefer hitting hard Gliscor, Landorus-T and Garchomp I think Ice Punch is enough. Not that Stone Edge misses can be really frustrating at some points :(.

Genesect @ Choice Specs
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

THE MVP IS HERE :]]]. Specs Genesect was just too good for this team, and noboby bar Blissey / Chansey and Heatran can switch into it (not that Tyranitar can setup on them). Also, no one expects it, which makes Specs Genesect even harder to deal with. Definitely a good mon, which could be used even in today's metagame imo, where everyone expect to deal with Choice Band / Life Orb ones. Even here you can drop something for Flash Cannon to beat Clefable more easily.

Shoutouts / Conclusion

Shoutout to my fren Elyis to have built this team with it, and to Livio / Unbirthday / whoever helped me testing this team. You guys were so helpful so props for that :]. Maybe I'll add some other things later though, like some calcs for Genesect mainly. Thanks for reading it though, and hope you have liked it :).

Export To Test:

Genesect @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 236 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)