Spidops

1670723792308.png

A long, long time ago, in a web of love, hate, fear, excitement, and opportunity woven between Kanto and Paldea, a great giant raised his voice in the direction of all of the gathered Champions and Kings of legend. He said:

"Here ye heroes young and old - the time is upon us to avenge the fallen spiders of centuries past! I hereby ordain ye - Spidops!"

And so this is how Spidops came to be in this world.

It's funny though. Because you see, when I was a little boy, my uncle Jebediah told me that one day I would come face to face with the Creator himself. That day has not come yet - but when I laid my eyes upon Spidops for the first time I know that this was as close as it was going to get to that for now. I always wondered if the spiders of my father would grow to be beasts of battle, but I never thunk that the Spidops from Paldea would be the new goliath of all things arachninoid. And so during my college years, I spent time in the Insectoid Larvae Library studying the origins and implications of a new Spidops world order.

1670724125584.png

My first true experience with Spidops came during the Summer of 894 F.C.S. I saw what I thought was Bender from Futurama, but with a pink sparkling glow. I approached the creature from the side, but it vanished in a cloud of smoke. I spent the next 72 hours searching far and wide around the wilderness, but I had to stop because a Pidgeotto pooped on my head and it was upsetting. After I showered in the Lake where Azelf frequently appear, I went home to my cousin Maurice and told him what had happened. He told me I was stupid, and said he wished it was a Pidgeot that had actually pooped on my head. I went to my room and cried. But I stopped because I knew what I had saw - it was a creature of mystery, and I was destined to find and discover its unmatched raw power and grace.

1670724582873.png

Several years had passed and I was now a dentist in Unova specializing in removing teeth and replacing them with silk. But it was on one fateful afternoon where a customer came in to buy some spaghetti. I don't know understand what he was saying because I don't speak Italian, but at the end he showed me a picture of a creature he had saw by the lake. This was it - the creature I saw several years ago in South Carolina. But it was green, stretching, very relaxed and composed. I used my mind extractor device to get the location from the customer's brains and seek out the creature. It was in a far away land more than 10000000 miles away in a hidden jungle north of the desert by the ocean continent of Puklupukumo, a land ruled by the King of the Pyukumukus. I had no choice but to commission a Lapras to take me there. After 7 years, I had finally arrived. I met with the King and told him my story. He said "pyukumukumukumuku ukukukukukumuku" which I believe was Spanish for "This Pokemon can be found to the east - but you must ready your mind body and spirit before such an encounter." This meant that I must get a disguise to be more one with the pokemon. So I went to Spirit Halloween Warehouse down the block and then continued my journey.

1670725003691.png

Now that I had the proper attire, I went into the Amazon Rainforest to search for this majestic beast. And there it was - the creature that needs no introductions. My friend Larry told me its name was probably Spidops because of how it was a spider and he spilled his juice as he was saying spider and it sounded kinda like "Spidops". I needed to shake this creature's hand, or one of them, and introduce myself. But as I got closer, I was attacked! Not by the Spidops, but by other spiders. My life flashed before me - all I had ever wanted was to meet the creature of legends. Should I meet my end on this day, it would be 10 seconds too soon! But then here came Spidops. And Spidops crushed the evil spiders and rescued me!

1670725417967.png

We ran to the nearest coffee shop for safety, and finally I was able to have a chat with my hero. He said his name was Spidops, and that there were many more of his kind. I asked him why he was so angry and he indicated that's just how his face looks. I didn't know spiders could talk, but I didn't ask any questions as some things are just not meant to be understood. After I finished my Cafe Machiatto, I thanked the barista, who was from Florence, and had a brief conversation with her in Italian about my trip there the previous year. Spidops then got up and said "The time is now." I told him it was 11:45 AM but then he vanished.

Since then, I have seen many other Spidops in the land. I consider this a miracle for all of us, and don't even remember what life was like before we all had Spidops in our world. On behalf of the entire human and insectoid race, I thank you, Spidops, and will leave you now with a haiku I prepared:

Arachnoid winter
A green, fuzzy spider webs
despite the adversity

Spidops :Spidops:

Base Stats: 60 HP / 79 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpA / 86 SpD / 35 Spe
Ability: Insomnia | Stakeout (Hidden Ability)

Notable Moves
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Circle Throw
- First Impression
- Toxic Spikes
- Memento
- Silk Strap
- Lunge
- Pounce
- Thief
- Counter
- U-turn

Silk Trap (new move) - The user spins a silken trap, protecting itself from damage while lowering the Speed stat of any attacker that makes direct contact.

Pros:
* One of only 3 Sticky Web users (or 2 if you decide not to count Kricketune)
* It's Spidops

Cons:
* It's Spidops

Terastal Potential:
No please don't, maybe Ghost to block spins but surely you are better off with another tera user.

Sample Set:
Web Setter
Spidops @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Circle Throw
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Memento / U-turn / First Impression / Counter

Max defense is the only thing that makes sense - it's actually not that frail if you do this. Stakeout is useless with no Att investment and you're better off being immune to Spore. Circle Throw prevents you from being total set up bait. For the last slots you can either load up on more hazards, use Memento/U-turn for momentum, use Counter for surprise damage, or First Impression for emergency priority necesseties. Silk Trap just isn't good if you use it and your opp doesn't try to hit you then it was a total waste (you're better off using Pounce tbh).

There might be something to Speed creep but probably not. Spidops isn't THAT bad - if you want webs it's a fine option since aint nobody saying Masquerain is the second coming of Arceus. It has its uses. Try it out and see what happens.

Not as shitty as you would think. Stakeout can augment it's power to pretty good levels and can even phase and rack up entry hazard damage with Circle Throw. It also has priority, the ability to pivot with U-turn and other interesting options such as Memento. It is mostly overshadowed by Masquerain and Kricketune, but by no means unviable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)