SM OU Spike mawile hyper offense HEAT

~spike Mawile HYPER offense~

Hi everyone. This is my first post in smogon as I had started playing Pokemon competitive recently after lurking around of forum for quite dome time. I m still at a low ladder and eager to learn and improve. At first I tried using other portable team from forum to at least start somewhere. After having a little grasp of the meta, I start building team with my own knowledge and my own preference. This is the team that I am most proud of and really suite my style of BEST DEFENSE IS OFFENSE.

SQUAD MEMBER

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

My usual lead, which not much people in low ladder will expect, which result in at least a layer of t-spike and spike most of the time. Taunt is important to stop opposing defog from fini rotom after opposing team seeing Spikes being layered. Ice Beam for those dragons and pesky lando who dare to stay. One of the best suicide lead.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

My rocker, soft check to most physical mon, lure for rotom celesteela skarnory with smack down, lure for venu tangrowth bulu with ssss, ground resist, all in one. What more can I say with the only S mon of the tier?

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Every team need a 100+ speed scarcer (at least in my opinion}, and my favourite is keldeo. An offensive check for greninja, water resist, revenge killer, pseudo mix with secret sword, and generally good mon. Most of the moves are self explanatory. I prefer scald of general reliability when I can revenge kill weaken mon, missing sucks. Stone miss is for volcarano, who will 6-0 my team if left uncheck.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Wall breaker of my team, nothing can swith into this beast except fully spdef heatran celesteela ferrothorn. My best bet against stall team with such great wall breaking capability. Sometimes hard to switch in and need to rely a lot on double switches. Physic Moonblast Psyshock are for reliability and general stab. Hp fire is for ferro and scizor, mainly ferro which is a huge problem for my team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

How to not utilise all the spikes without the highest attack stats in the game? My mid game wall breaker and set up sweeper. Preety standard set here. It can also help soften blow from opposing physical attacker from double Intimidate of Mawile and lando. Play Rough is mandatory stab, sucker punch is for priority, albeit unreliable. Knock off is my last move, which I think is the most spammable move in general.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Sub seed serperior, i am sure most people agree how annoying this set is. A decent late game cleaner which can snowball out of control and is my wincon. Previously my last mon is sub dd protect zygarde. However after being overwhelmed by all water attack as keldeo is my only water resist not accounting greninja, I swap zygarde for serp. Still a bit unsure.

Threat

#rain of hell
Jolly mega swampert outspeed all my team and OHKO most of my team. Ferrothorn in rain is impossible to kill. Any swift swimmer can outspeed and punch a big hole in my team. Swapping from zygarde to serperior make the matchup better, but a well played rain team can easily break my team to pieces.

#trick room of terror
A Huge threat for any HO team. Once landorus is weakened, it can easily snowball and 6-0 my team. No real solution here. What I can only do is stall out tr turn with sub seed.

Scarf Kartana can wreck my tram, outspeeding all my team and can leaf blade or smart strike through my team. Serperior make this matchup a little better, bt still my light be overwhelmed bt it's raw power and speed

Another steel grass mon. It can wall half of my team with ease. It can even outstall my weavile if it manage to leech seed on the switch. As my team has no hazard removal, Spikes or stealth rock with weaken my team significantly.

Mega sableye with its stall companion chansey is a big problem. My only way to kill sableye is Lele, bt chansey can eat Lele moves not name Psyshock for breakfast. So it involve a lot of 50 50 involving sableye and chansey, and mostly not in my favour. As Lele is my only stall breaker, a wrong prediction means all of the hazard damage. Besides, mega sableye can easily bounce away my t spikes and spikes, making sableye stall hard to deal with.

Another huge problem. Can absorb my precious t-spikes, stalling half of my mon. My only way to kill it is Lele psychics, or to land a ssss from lando which is super obvious if I switch into it. Once Lele is dead, good luck killing it.

Discussion

1. Too much role compression of lando make his job overload, and result in me not having Stealth Rock most of the time as I might need to preserve it to deal with some serious threat like kartana or stakataka. Without leftover, it can easily be chipped away by rocky helmet, rocks etc.

2. A bit underwhelmed my serperior tbh, even though I swap it with zygarde recently. I need a scald resist, kartana leaf blade resist, a way to hit ferro, so I attempt to use serperior, bt it is not up to my expectation. Low pp from leaf storm make it ez to be stalled out by heatran/ferro. Open for suggestion.

3. Another potential changes is mawile. I chose mawile at first to utilise some passive mons and attempt to set up and wall break mid game, bt prevelance of heatran and ferro, celesteela, or even unaware clef, makes it not able to fulfill his role. Maybe changing knock off for fire fang, bt I will be walled by heatran toxapex.open for suggestion.

THANK everyone for reading upon here, I am still a low ladder player, so I m happy to hear all of your feedback and suggestion. hope u all have a nice day, and enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)