DPP UU Spoon up your Ass

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
~Spoon up your Ass~

Intro/Conclusion:
Hello! I'm posting my final RMT in the 4th Gen. Its only best if I post my favourite team in my favourite metagame of all time. I'm going to be straight up honest and say I didn't use this to peak #1 in the ladder, but I'm just sharing this anyways because its more interesting and less dull than the one I laddered with! And.. I'm too lazy for conclusions so I'll just say thank you uu people for giving me good matches outside of the ladder! also shoutout to M-BLADE

Synergy: Judging from the title, you can already guess that this team is built around the monstrous sweeper known as Calm Mind Alakazam. How my team was constructed was a very simple thing I had in a hindsight. The formula was: 1 Alakazam lure + strong defensive core + Alakazam (lategame sweeper!). Mismagius was my main choice because it lured in Alakazam's counters from the get-go and it can either cripple them or hurt them p badly. A strong defensive core is required so I can only switch between 5 Pokemon instead of 6 - an unrevealed Alakazam is perhaps one of the best strategy at fooling your opponent from thinking you lack a strong offensive force. Let's face it, outside of Mismagius, my entire team is extremely shit from an offensive standpoint. Ultimately though, with everything scouted and removed (priority users + tomb mostly), I can sweep with ease for the most part.

Without further adu, here is my team..
the names are derived from the album Special Herbs

Closer:

Mismagius (F) @ Life Orb **VALERIAN ROOT
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-wisp
---
My lead of choice and a very simple one too - shut down Spiker leads, while dealing with the omnipresent pixies at the same time! We can thank that village idiot folgorio for accidentally discovering what a gem this set is. The simple premise is to shut down many leads by damaging them or either shutting down their attempts with Taunt. Will-O-Wisp makes quick damage to gutsy Spiritomb leads attempting to Pursuit her (which is the likely case). However, this is all part of my important strategy in a hindsight - scout out Alakazam's counters. With Mismagius luring in Spiritomb, it will either be weakened or restrained to a good extent with Will-O-Wisp.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers *** AFGHAN KUSH
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover
---
There's nothing new here and we absolutely love our underwater sea snake and her ability to cover nearly every single threat in the game! especially the dangerous Fire-types. Not many players enjoy using three attacks Milotic on a defensive set, but I simple enjoy using it to maintain a strong pressure on my opponent. Ice Beam is obviously the standout move in this set, it allows me to scare away Venusaur, Leafeon, and Sceptile instead of giving them a scot free switch-in! With this set, Milotic provides optimal coverage and can hit nearly everything for neutral damage.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers *** HIGH JOHN
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/16 Spe/240 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
---
Ever since I discovered the importance of this set, I have never turned back and I've been putting MiloWeez on every single team I have! no joke. It's a very promising defensive core in tandem with a "ghost-buster". Weezing's role is to bather out Venusaur from easily shredding my team to pieces. I need something that can switch into a Venusaur set and take Sleep, I mean sure, I can have Arcanine but I don't think it will enjoy Sludge Bomb at all. Will-O-Wisp and Sludge Bomb are my primary attacking moves. The 16 Speed EVs allow me to outpace 88 Spe Azumarill - a true son of a bitch of a Pokemon if Milotic is weakened.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers ***KAVA KAVA ROOT
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
---
To put the icing on the cake, I added Arcanine as a back-up check to Venusaur as well as checking random physical threats. Intimidate is such a nice ability in the game and it can really make sponging hits for my other walls easier! This is quite basic: Toxic predicted Milotic switch-ins because Torterra is oftentimes shaky due to its x4 weakness to Ice! Extremespeed provides useful priority to weakened Dragon Dance threats and such. Morning Sun obviously keeps Arcanine alive the entire match.

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers ***JASMIN BLOSSOMS
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer
- Stealth Rock
---
This is actually a pretty neat set and it is rarely used! Remember when I said that Milotic + Weezing core will only work wonders if paired in conjunction with a ghost-slayer? Well Torterra + Weezing + Milotic is actually one solid defensive unit and it allows me to check a super majority of the metagame. This means I don't have the reveal Alakazam at any point of the match at all! except for lategame where it should clean up. The spread allows me to survive onslaughts of Shadow Balls from Mismagius and Rotom. Outside that, Torterra is actually a solid Slowbro check and Milotic check without Ice Beam. Moveset wise, Earthquake and Wood Hammer are my primary attacking moves. Earthquake ensures that Fire-types don't switch in scot-free. Stealth Rock is obviously required for dealing easy twenty-five percents or sometimes 50!

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb ***MUGWORT
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
---
I present you the greatest sweeper of all-time! and an underrated one at that. Let's face it, Alakazam holds the key ingredients for fooding niggas: high Speed and monstrous Special Attack stat. Let's add Calm Mind to the mix and we have ourselves a motherfucking disaster. The team is built precisely around Alakazam and it involves switching in with my strong defensive unit without me having to reveal Alakazam at any point in the match. Once priority users and Spiritomb are removed from the match, the chances of victory on your side becomes very slim because like I said, nothing can really revenge it, and even Special Defensive juggernauts like Registeel can easily faint from +1 LO Focus Blast! Some common questions though: Where do you find time to set up? It's actually very easy, Milotic is my primary choice I can easily Calm Mind and take around 30 percent from Surf and from that point I can steamroll stuff with good coverage. Grass Knot deals with Tomb if needed and additionally allows me to hurt Specially defensive Milotic! That's just one Pokemon, I can find loads of more opportunities. Psychic + Focus Blast are pretty self explanatory. The only concern I have with this is Uxie completely walls this, and Mesprit to a lesser extent.
---

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
put haze (cm clef) on milotic over one of your coverage moves (ice beam) and make it 16 speed and female

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Put Haze because of your clefable and CM Uxie weakness on Milotic over one of your coverage moves (ice beam) and make it 20 speed to outspeed Milotics that only use 8 and 16 speed. Destiny Bond on Missy for stuff like Spiritomb, SpDef Nine, Tort and Houndoom looks interesting too.

Nice team =)

Edit: Also make Milotic female. It has bigger things on its head and becomes girl-ish instead of gay.

Edit 2: Make Mismagius female, it's MISSmagius not DUDEmagius.

put haze on milotic over a coverage move as calm mind spiritomb/uxie/clefable can give you issues and make torterra 4 speed to beat random fast rhyperior who could can be problematic if they have sub and a way to lure milotic

grass knot doesnt do too much to spiritomb; encore could be a secondary way to deal with those cmers. also lets you beat haze milotic since you can encore the recover but it means you can't beat a 2% tomb which kinda blows

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i tested these out who knew the slightest speed can help me win more ty :heart:

Put Haze because of your clefable and CM Uxie weakness on Milotic over one of your coverage moves and make it 24 speed to outspeed Milotics that only use 20 speed and tie with 24 speed Milotics and 8 speed Torterras. Possibly put Rest and Sleep Talk over Recover and one of your coverage moves because it helps more with other physical sweepers like Blaziken.

...oh, and make it female for Rivalry Luxray just in case?

Nice team :) Milotic is asking for Haze and possibly enough speed to beat most Aggron. (even more creep?)

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
hey franky good team i think you should stop doing your bad habits that would make the team alot better. and yeah i agree with everybody make milotic have haze with female gender so it is more sexy and walls better. also maybe consider running enough speed on milotic to beat spd arcanine cuz it walls you and stuff so you can surf it real good. also offensive milo and a pursuit user kind of runs through this with hydro pump and ice beam ohkoing everything on this team and spiritomb abusing zam and dudemagius with pursuit and stuff so idk i would probably give milotic more special defense

edit: intimidate is the ability not a move man just change that and i'll stamp it ok cool.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I recommend 84 Speed on Milotic to outrun Jolly Sub + Ice Punch Aggron cause it can switch in on Weezing, Sub, and wreak havoc on your team. Also, put Haze on your Milotic or else you will have major problems with Calm Mind Spiritomb. Make sure your Milotic remains male because people typically run male ParaFusionAttract Lanturn in anticipation of female Milotic. Nice team.

Um yeah so you have an SD Quick Attack Blaziken problem if Mismagius is down (and it can be because it's your lead). To remedy this I would recommend 252 Speed EVs on Milotic with a Timid nature, so you can outspeed and OHKO Blaziken using Surf. Nice team and gl.

hey franky, so this is the team you've been using, looks good. I don't really see any major problems though I would also agree with replacing hp grass or ice beam with haze because mono boosting pokes could cause you some trouble. Also, I don't really see why Grass Knot is a better option than Signal Beam on Alakazam; they both do similar amounts of damage to Spiritomb and Signal Beam gives you better coverage. nice team.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You pretty much need to run more special defense on milotic unless you want your team to get wrecked everytime alakazam comes in on Weezing/Mismagius/Milotic because it looks like nothing on your team can take two Specs Psychics.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Awesome team Franky!

I've got a few suggestions:
-I recommend running an EV spread of 252 / 176 / 80 SpD on your Milotic so that you are never 2HKOed by Moltres HP grass after Stealth Rocks damage. It also takes special attacks better that way.

-I'd probably run haze to deal with stat up sweepers. The loss of HP grass isn't too bad, since Milotic + Torterra can already deal with most of them. (Haze even lets you beat LO Feraligatr)

-Minor nitpick, what about running 252 HP/56 Def/184 SDef /16 Spe on Weezing? You can tank some heavy physical hits if need be, (+2 Nightslash from Absol and you can take a +2 Double-Edge from Leafeon a lot easier that way)

PS: Your Weezing also outspeeds 176 Speed Rhyperior. Haha

Hope I helped!

hey Franky, first of all this is a fantastic team. I've been playing with this a fair bit, and I have a few suggestions (which really are to one's preference).

First of all, I dislike restalk weezing, as it's complete set up bait for a myriad of pokes, the most prominent being houndoom and rhyperior. I've been playing with the same spread, but a moveset of Sludge Bomb/Pain split/hp grass/flamethrower. It has a nice surprise factor, crippling subperiors and such. I've also been having fun trolling with Refresh over hp grass on milotic, it lets you win one one one with arcanine and milotic (having toxiced them previously with Arcanine). I like Destiny Bond over WoW on Lead missy, one because WoW acc just sucks ass, and two it can remove Tomb immediately, alleviating a huge threat to your end game plan. With this, you could afford to run Encore CM Zam, with is an offensive method to dealing with curse Regi and Cm Uxie/Clefable, which as people have pointed out, are a pretty big threat. With Tomb scouted and accounted for, you could run CM/Encore/Psychic/FB (as much as i hate that move).

Anyway, this is a sick team, all the best dude! =)

Reactions: BKC
Yo,

That some dirty spoon from zam. I'm no UU pro, but as this is going Imma say max Milotic's speed out and make HER offensive. I G0TTA feeling it's G0NNA end like this.

And, yeah I think Smurfs rate is the closest to a real one lol...

Cool team, franky!

Nas

Banned deucer.
hmm the team is really beautifully made. I admire the use of alakazam for your special sweeper and you were smart enough to pair it with stuff that would deal with dark types that would often bypass Alakazam. kudos to that canadian. one quick change is Torterra's spread - go for 212 HP/252 SpDef/44 Spe. this will allow you to outspeed fast CB Azumarill, Donphan, and Clefable. It may not seem that significant but you lose virtually no survivability with the reduced HP and I know for a fact that folgorio runs fast Azumaril and Donphan...and I really don't like Clefable so I like fucking with it. this will help Torterra's overall defensive prowess!

Seeing as this team actually looks it would do decently in a Heracross metagame I'll just make an obligatory post suggesting you change Arcanine's spread to 252HP / 80Def / 176Spe for outspeeding Heracross, DUH :pimp:

Everything else has been squeezed out by the other raters :(

Has rain issues if you lose Milotic which you will do against anyone competent but eh...

Have you tried any other Alakazam sets in that spot? They would all work but you might find one better. I'd personally look to try:

Alakazam @ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Modest (yeah thats right, Modest!!!) | Inner Focus
~Substitute
~Calm Mind
~Signal Beam
~Psychic

Grass Knot sucks YES IT DOES.

Anyway great team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)