Other Metagames [SS BH] magic cat - peaked #5

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
Magic Cat
BH balance

1575663921659.jpeg

(gxe is low because I used this account to test at the beginning of the meta)

hey it’s me, pileosand/lepton, the bh gamer. I laddered to top 5 with this balance team. The offensive “core” is 2 necrozma-dusk-manes - one breaker and one sweeper. I haven’t seen many of these sets on ladder, so I believe I came up with at least a couple of them. main weakness of this team is Zamazenta - seismitoad can wall but cannot kill it. I don’t have much else to say, so let’s get to the mons.

1575663197680.png
1575663259950.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Pyro Ball

This is the sweeper necrozma. Belly drum maxes out attack and doubles speed with unburden. Unburden also means it’s self-improo, as you have doubled speed over scarf imposter and OHKO with pyro ball. You can sweep after prankster haze is gone, as most fur coat and unaware can’t take a photon or a sunsteel, especially after chip. This is often what you dynamax, but keep in mind that max mindstorm is special, not physical.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Trick
- U-turn

the breaker necrozma. Tinted lens makes it so STABs OHKO or 2HKO most resists.You should trick prankster mons so after they recover or haze you get a free switch into anything. This often lures the other necrozma’s checks and dents or kills them.

Wobbuffet @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Pretty self-explanatory scarf imposter. Deals with a lot of setup sweepers and breakers. put whatever moves u want, it doesn’t really matter.

Snorlax @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Haze
- Metal Burst
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

My prankster haze mon is snorlax, for its high HP and SPdef. min speed is so that metal burst goes last. This is the mon that deals with some setup sweepers and special attackers. You can replace aromatherapy with uturn or other support moves based on the meta. Goggles can also be switched out for shed shell to avoid being trapped.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Nuzzle
- Slack Off

Magic bounce mandibuzz is my entrainment dragapult check. Use the free switches dragapult gives you to paralyze things, knock things off, or gain momentum with uturn.

Seismitoad @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Roost

my physical wall is fur coat seismitoad. This walls most Zacian, zekroms, and most other physical attacker. Helmet is to chip things uturning and make things with double-iron bash kill themselves. Spectral thief helps check Zamazenta and prevent stuff from setting up on you. Defog kills hazards if you can’t bounce them with buzz.

thank you for reading.
end.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you have 2 Speed EVs on your Mandibuzz for a reason, but what is that reason? Which mons does that importantly outspeed (possibly when they're paralyzed)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)