SS CAP Budget Tournament
Hey everyone! Now that signups have closed, we can begin the tournament. To prevent as many issues as possible, I'd like to go over the rules once more.
- This tournament is Bo1 Double Elimination and follows the standard SS CAP banlist with additional limitations. All Smogon tournament rules apply.
- All players are given a total budget of 50 points. These points are to be spent on Pokémon whose prices are based on their placement in the SS CAP Viability Rankings at the time of the battle. In the event that the Viability Rankings are updated the same day as a scheduled match, the previous rankings will be used as to not inconvenience teambuilders.
- S to A+ cost 15 points
- A to A- cost 12 points
- B+ to B cost 10 points
- B- cost 7 points
- C cost 5 points
- Unranked cost 1 point
- Teams are not required to have 6 Pokémon; teams may have fewer at the user's discretion.
- Use of a team that exceeds the given budget will result in a game loss for that player.
- Please treat people with kindness. Excessively aggressive or unsportsmanlike behavior can result in your disqualification from this tournament. If you feel that another user is acting in a way that vastly diminishes your experience in this tournament, please contact me via private message and I will moderate as necessary.
- Your purchase of a Pokémon in this tournament does not exclude others from using that same Pokémon. Everyone is allowed to purchase as they see fit.
- The budget of 50 points applies to every team you build. It is not the total number of points you have for the whole tournament.
- All matches are to be held within the weekly time limit. If no contact is made between either player, the match will be coin-flipped. If one player attempts to make contact and no response is given, please document that attempt and send it to me. If both players agree on a specific time to have their match but one player doesn't show up, again please document that interaction, their lack of activity, and contact me.