Tournament SS CAP Snake Draft - Week 2

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Great performances week 1 everyone! Looking forward to seeing more of the same this week. You'll find the matchups below.

Malicious Miasmaws (3):Miasmaw: vs Eternal Equilibras (3) :Equilibra:
Snake Brattlers (1):Malaconda: vs Sizzling Smokomodos (5):Smokomodo:
Red Hot Pyroaks (5):Pyroak: vs Astrolotl Estrellados (1):Astrolotl:
Again please remember that all standard tournament rules apply. Ghosting is strictly prohibited. Replays must be posted or else your battle will be considered invalid. Since this is a team tournament, no extensions are given; substitutions are used instead of extensions. If any trade occurs this week, neither traded player will be able to participate in a battle the same week. Best of luck to all teams. Please complete your games before Sunday, December 13th at 11:59pm GMT-6.

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
1607315634083.png

anyways, predictions cause I did so well last week...

(1) Brattlers vs Smokos (3)

Bo3: Heaven Jay vs Skysolo: Sky impressed me a lot last week, but so did Jay to be fair. It'll be a close one I think, but slight edge to Sky.
SS: not a racist vs Maki: I know too little about nar to make a predict here, but it'll be interesting to see how Maki bounces back.
SS: TJ vs PinkDragonTamer: One of the highlights of the week. Only giving a slight advantage to PDT after a very, very rough showing last week, but I have faith in a bounce back week.
SS: Voltage vs Splash: Incredibly close match here after two really solid week ones. Too close to comfortably call.
SM: Velvet vs Yami: Yami did not impress last week, and though I still value Jordy support in SM, think this is Velvet's to lose.
SM: Granny Pie vs Jordy: A tough loss against a good player week one doesn't change my opinion of Jordy in SM, and though GP picked up his first win, I think it's hard to bet on the guy who uses the same team religiously vs one of the better preppers in the field.

I know 2 non predicts is a bit of a cop out, but my gut tells me 51-49 games in favor of nar and splash if I had to make the call. 55-45 Smokos.

(3) Pyroaks vs Astrolotls (3)

Bo3: Xavgb vs Binacleisbest: Stresh showed up extremely well against harder competition week one and I'll continue to bold him until he gives me a reason not to.
SS: Snake_Rattler vs D2theW: Glad to see snake back in action and he starts with a really difficult test; D2 has had some great performances as of late. This one can go either way and really has week defining effects for the teams, I think, but a slight edge to the R1 pick of the roaks.
SS: K3ppr vs ADF Test: K3p really struggled last week, and I'll be trendy here and pick ADF in a very winnable matchup.
SS: Doomstadt vs Sputnik: Very, very close game forecasted, but I'm very unfamiliar with Doom's SS history and think Sput can bounce back with a stronger build than last week.
SM: GardeLame vs Airwind: Another knifes edge game I lean more than enough one way to call, I think Garde can pull off the W here- a lot depends on what Air brings, though.
SM: SunMYSER vs Denyrus: GF buff appears to be very real, and I'm very low on Sun personally- though I'm also not sure Deny isn't a one game wonder.

I think the roaks have slightly better odds at taking the series, but I think if the Lotls can unseat Snake it's a very, very winnable series. 55-45 Roaks.

edit: goddamnit volt it's smogon festive the objectively best color scheme

Last edited:
Hello ! It's good to be back. I'd like first of all to take this opportunity to apologize for the behavior that got me banned, be sure that I'll try my best in the future to not make stupid bigoted jokes (+ this one was particularly bad). Doesn't mean i won't keep up the stupid (+ particularly bad) predictions though.

Malicious Miasmaws (3) :Miasmaw: vs Eternal Equilibras (3) :Equilibra:

SS Bo3: reachzero vs Averardo - Averardo looked good in his w1 game so this is a heat matchup for sure. Not sure if I'm predicting an upset but I'll bold him here out of guts
SS1: Darek851 vs Estarossa - Rookie darek doesn't look to slow down but he's against a tough opponent. Still predicting him to win
SS2: Rabia vs dex18 - idk dex18
SS3: ThelordofbadRNG vs The Number Man - tnm is still goated although I'm kinda concerned because I don't know who builds in this team
SM1: Lasen vs SHSP - Wooo bolding lasen for no good reason
SM2: Birkal vs Felucia - I see a moderator and a programmer here, where are the players ? I'll go Felucia just to make this a tie

Snake Brattlers (3) :Malaconda: vs Sizzling Smokomodos (3) :Smokomodo:

SS Bo3: Heaven Jay vs Skysolo - Skysolo's good but Jay's kinda goated
SS1: not a racist vs Maki - I don't know these guys much but nate won the only game we ever played so he's good
SS2: TJ vs PinkDragonTamer - Pdt brought stall into rain last week so he's in tryhard mode, it should be hard to take him down without hax
SS3: -Voltage- vs Splash - I trust splash more
SM1: velvet vs Yami - same
SM2: Granny Pie vs Jordy - The only reason Jordy lost to lasen is he didn't bring mega ttar + reuniclus balance, but he'll learn from his mistakes

Red Hot Pyroaks (2) :Pyroak: vs Astrolotl Estrellados (2) :Astrolotl:

SS Bo3: xavgb vs Binacleisthebest - insert some way of saying stresh is good
SS1: snake_rattler vs D2TheW - I like this one, bolding D2TW as he was on fire during Cyclohm Cup
SS2: K3ppr vs ADF Test - Can't predict this one, I think they have similar skills but don't know much about them
SS3: Doomstadt vs Sputnik - I learnt doomstadt is the reincarnation of fratty, which I've heard a lot of mighty legends about so I can't go against this guy
SM1: GardeLame vs Airwind - Airwind found love and went completely crazy last week with both team and plays. I don't know if those two facts are linked (they probably are) but I can't trust him anymore so bolding my frenchie quairo
SM2: SunMYSER vs denryus - denryus looked more solid than Airwind somehow although I've never seen her (ig) before. It's cool because it allows me to bold none of those two and make my predictions even more pointless because I didn't predict a single team to win

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)